Just Let It All Out

To Steal His Heart

Hahahaha. So...I found time this week to actually write. And I'm super satisfied with my work on this chapter! Actually, I'm pretty satisfied with everything. I found out that I have the highest grade in my class, I've been studying really hard, I've been taking good care of myself with the amount of sleep I receive, and I really got into this awesome fanfic that I must've been crazy to have skimmed over before: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/36171/kyuhyun-it-s-been-hard-on-you-jonghyun-kyuhyun-kyumin-kyuwook-leeteuk-seniority-superjunior

(It's seriously amazing...like, if you haven't read it, you must read it now. It's the first story to ever make me cry 9 times. My parents were giving me weird looks, and asking me if I was okay >.<)

So, I'm almost finished with the foreward for the Donghae fic. I promised I'd write after I finished this. I will probabaly write an author's note chapter for that, and put up the link for that story once I'm done.

As for this chapter...I am completely satisfied. In fact...I love it. You'll definitely see why. I seriously love it from beginning to end, and I hope you all will too...and I just wanted to add...that a lot of you are good guessers. Or maybe I'm just being to cliche and obvious. In any case, Enjoy!


Kyuhyun panted, finally making it to XXXXX hospital (A/N: Yes, my lack of imagination has forced me to leave it un-named). He slumped against eh wall, leaving himself just a few seconds it breathe. His eyebrows furrowed, as he reflected on the past half an hour. He'd been running countlessly to practically each and every hospital he knew. The least Nana could've done, was tell him which hospital her umma was at. Still, as exhausted as he was, he refused to give up because...Nana needed him. 
 
He made his way to the front desk, gasping for air. 
 
"Is a patient named Kim ChoHee here?" He demanded to the lady at the front counter, forgetting is manners. Heck, at this point, it didn't even matter. The noona at the counter didn't seem to mind this. She flirtatiously played with her hair; twirling the strands around with a single finger as she leaned towards him. He rolled his eyes, taking a step back. The noona seemed offended by this, scoffed, and gave a single answer. 
 
"Yes." She started. She opened to continue, but Kyuhyun turned away. He desperately searched around the waiting room for a certain someone. His eyes swept around searching. They suddenly landed on a figure, balled up in the corner of the room.  
 
She hugged her knees to her chest, and laid her head in her knees. Her dark hair cascaded down her face, and her shoulders shook furiously. He could've sworn he heard soft sobs coming from the petite girl, although he wasn't sure. After all, Nana crying? It wasn't something easy to believe. He'd never seen her cry before. 
 
He quietly made his way over. Reluctantly, Kyuhyun rested his hand on her shoulder. She flinched, surprised. She seemed to be wiping a her eyes or something, and it finally hit him. His mouth feel upon in shock. Nana was crying? She was actually crying. 
 
She suddenly turned to face him with an obviously forced smile. Kyuhyun's eyebrows furrowed. Her smiling in a situation like this...it bothered him. Nana was holding in all her feelings. She was keeping it to herself. The thought of knowing that she could've been doing this to herself all along scared him. Was he really being that dense? Was Nana hurting this whole time, and he didn't even know? They say you can't judge a book by its cover...he just assumed that she was alright by the fact that she always smiled, but...she wasn't alright. 
 
He suddenly wrapped his arms around her, pulling him close to his chest. He could feel her body shaking against him, and his guilt grew. He should've been there to protect her, but eh wasn't. He didn't know anything...He thought he did, but he really didn't. Why didn't he realize it any sooner? Why did he have to be so dense? If he really loved Nana, then he should've cared more. He shouldn't have been so pre-occupied with his own jealousy. 
 
"K-Kyuhyun-ssi." She spoke in a nervous whisper. Her body seemed to be shaking furiously, so he tightened his grasp on her. Her head shook, as she attempted to pull away. Kyuhyun wouldn't let her pull away...he wouldn't let go no matter what. Instead, he hugged her closer to his chest. 
 
"Kyuhyun-ssi!" Nana exclaimed, more sternly this time. "Y-You..." Her voice grew quieter again. "You don't have to do this. I know you kind of...hate me. I don't even know why I called you. I-I guess I wasn't thinking straight. I-I didn't mean to bother you or anything, so you can-" 
 
He felt like pulling all his hair out from the frustration that tugged at his heart. He broke Nana...he broke her, and that only became evident to him now. What he did...was absolutely horrible. He hugged her head to his chest, and shushed her. He attempted to speak and remain gentle, although he was furious with himself. He was supposed to be there for Nana, but he wasn't. He needed to make up for it somehow. He needed to be there for her now, and forever in the future. 
 
"Ssh..." He cooed, smoothing down her, now messy, hair. She forced a smile, although his slight frustration obviously showed. He could hear the noona from the counter scoff at the scene, but he ignored it. "If you want to cry, just cry. He pulled her closer to him, so that he could no longer see her face.  
 
"No one's looking" He murmured. She shook her head furiously, biting her lip. He sighed, and waited patiently. He suddenly felt her full weight shift against his body, as she slumped against him. Her head was buried into the crook of his neck. A small smile formed on his face, as he heard half-sad, yet half-relieved sobs erupt from the small girl. He felt moisture drip onto his shoulder as each sob grew louder and louder. Kyuhyun hugged her closer to his body, just allowing her to let it all out. She needed it. 
 
"I w-was scared, K-Kyuhyun. I was s-so scared, Kyuhyun, but I-I promised m-myself I wouldn't." She wailed between sobs. He nodded his head, her hair comfortingly as he listened. "I-I told myself I wouldn't c-cry. I wasn't s-supposed to. U-Umma d-doesn't want me to cry. U-umma wants me t-to s-smile, doesn't she? W-Why can't I-I smile?" 
 
"Cry, Nana. Cry as much as you want to. It's okay." 
 
"U-Umma s-says smiling is t-the cure for everything. Then w-why does it h-hurt so m-much?" 
 
"It's okay to cry, Nana. Just let it all out." He replied calmly, patting down her hair. He felt relieved, feeling her cry against him. She deserved it. No, she needed it. She couldn't keep it in like this anymore. It wasn't good for her. 
 
"B-but..." She stuttered, "I-I have t-to be strong for u-umma and everyone else." 
 
"No, you don't." He argued, clutching her head as it drooped onto his shoulder."You don't need to always be strong. Let me be strong for you this time, Nana." Her sobs grew quieter as she rested her head on his shoulder, glancing up at him with moistened tear-filled eyelids. 
 
"Okay, Kyu." 
 



"Kyu! Kyu!" Kyuhyun's eyes blinked open as a familiar sound rang through his ears. His eyes widened at the musical sound, and he blinked, confused. Was this a dream? He opened his eyes to find Nana's smiling face. Kyuhyun just couldn't believe that only a few hours ago, she'd been sobbing into the sleeve of his shirt. 
 
A satisfied smile appeared on his face as he was met with her huge grin. He had a sudden urge to hold her, and tell her just how much he loved her. Instead, he returned the smile, wiping the sleep from his eyes. 
 
"What's up?" Kyuhyun asked. Nana grasped for his hand, pulling him up with her. She suddenly started jumping up and down happily, dragging him along with her in her happy dance. A confused expression appeared across his face at her sudden change in mood. 
 
"Kyu! Kyu! Umma's awake! Umma's fine!" She exclaimed happily. She joyfully pulled him into a tight hug, giggling happily. He smiled at the gesture, but frowned as she suddenly pulled away. Her cheeks flushed a bright pink (which he seemed to miss after the past few hours), and she looked down at the ground. 
 
"I-I'm sorry, Kyuhyun-ssi. I guess I just got caught up in the moment." Nana spoke sheepishly. Kyuhyun scowled at the fact that she had gone back to formalities. He had wished that just for this day, things would change back to the way they were before...but he was just getting his hopes up. 
 
"Oh right!" She suddenly exclaimed again, glancing up at him with an excited glint in her eyes. "Umma's awake now. She said that she wanted to see you!"  
 
Kyuhyun shot Nana a confused look, but shrugged and did as he was told He quietly made his way to the hospital room, to find the familiar woman lying in bed. She quickly glanced up at him, and smiled as he entered the room. Kyuhyun uncomfortably took a seat at chair that was positioned next to the bed. He glanced down at Kim ChoHee, marveling at how much she looked like an older version of Nana. She actually didn't look that much older...other than a few things, they were practically twins. 
 
"Hello, Kyuhyun-ssi." The woman spoke. He nervously rubbed the back of his neck, and nodded, returning greeting. 
 
"How are you feeling?" He politely asked. She laughed musically, and glanced down at the covers of the bed. 
 
"Well...I guess you could say that I've had better days." She glanced up at his slightly worried expression, "The doctors say it's only fatigue, so there's no need to worry too much. If it were anything serious, you'd know. Nana would be..." 
 
"Off somewhere to cry by herself?" He finished, feeling guilt eat at him again. Nana's umma offered Kyuhyun a gentle smile, and nodded. 
 
"That's what I wanted to ask you about." ChoHee started. She giggled nervously, ducking her head. "Would you mind having Nana stay with you for a while?" Kyuhyun's eyes widened and his mouth dropped open. His cheeks flushed a flaming head, and he shook his head furiously. 
 
"No way!" He exclaimed, "I-I can't do that. M-My parents...they're not in town for a while, so..." His eyes widened in shock as the strange woman grabbed him by the collar, and wailed. 
 
"Aish...you horrible child! You're going to leave my poor Nana all alone? You're going to abandon my poor little girl?" She screeched at him. He gaped at her wild reaction. It took him a while before he regained his composure, and pried her hand off of him. 
 
"You're insane! Why would you leave your daughter together with me...alone. Aren't you afraid she might get...well, you know...Not that I would do that to her or anything!" Kim ChoHee sighed, and glanced up at him with the best puppy dog eyes she could managed. He gulped as he realized that she looked exactly like Nana. Crap...resisting was going to be...difficult. 
 
"Well, I don't want to either, but I don't really have a choice. She's afraid of being left alone..." ChoHee pouted. 
 
"What do you mean?" Kyuhyun demanded. Nana's umma rolled her eyes at his sudden over-reaction and smiled, knowingly. 
 
"Her appa is a businessman. Well, I've divorced him and she doesn't really consider him her appa anymore, but anyway..." She trailed off, getting back to the story. "When we were together, he would never be at home. He was too busy with work. One day he actually came home. He said that he wanted to take her out for a day, so I let him. And you know what he did?" Her voice rose with anger as she spoke. Kyuhyun shrugged his shoulders and motioned for her to continue. 
 
"Aish...that man! He left my poor little seven year old girl alone in a crowded area. He comes home hours later, telling me that he went off on an errand, and came back and she wasn't there anymore. What did that idiot expect? How could he just leave her there? And then I finally found Nana, and she was in tears. Ah...my poor baby." Kyuhyun gaped at ChoHee's explanation. His hands curled up into fists as he felt his anger spike. If he knew the bastard, he'd punch him for doing that to Nana. "Anyway...ever since then, Nana developed a fear of being left alone." 
 
"She's really scared?" Kyuhyun questioned as his thoughts trailed back to taking Nana in for a few days. His cheeks, once again, rose in color. ChoHee nodded her head furiously. His cheeks turned bright red at this..."Well, I guess I can take care of her for...two or three days."