Double Truble Dinner Date

To Steal His Heart

So...today is Thursday >.< It's my birthday, so I decided to specially write a chapter since I was in the mood. Ah...I swear, I've been waiting for this point in the story since forever. Originally, I wasn't planning to update due to homework, but I decided to find time anyway >.< I really just felt like writing this. Ah...hopefully Kyu and Nana's relationship will improve soon >.<

Anyway, so I was majorly bored during Alegbra class. I was just sitting there, so I decided to think about stuff. That got me thinking about what I'm going to do after this is over. I doubt that this fic. will exceed more than 50 chapters, so I started thinking what I'll write afterwards. Since I've recently been really into Super Junior, it'll probably be another SuJu fic. I have the whole plot set up in my mind...

My only problem is...Hmm...who shoudl be the main character? I'm kind of leaning towards Donghae, but I was wondering if you had any suggestions, or whether you think he would fit the role well. I suppose it would be best to reveal the basic plot before I have you make your choise (NOTE: I will be finishing this first. I was just thinking ahead of time) This fic. is another AU fic.

So...the fic is basically about a young lawyer (Haven't decided my heroine's name yet), who finds herself in a case in which she has to defend a guy who is accused of theft of a famous painting (or something like that...I'm not sure if I want to use a painting as the object) The protagonist faces financial problems, so her entire living depends on this one case; therefore she must win. For some reason, the defendant won't testify for her at all, so she constructs a plan in which she will live with the defendant (since the defendant has been kicked out of his house due to resentment after beign suspected guilty), and try to befriend him to eventually get information from him. Yes, this is another romantic comedy, since that is the kind of stuff I have been into lately >.<

Anyway...that's just me thinking ahead...please write your suggestion in the comments >.< Thank you!~ Enjoy your reading >.<


Awkwardness filled the air, as the four sat at the table. Nana's gaze flitted everywhere, except for across the table where MiSun and Kyuhyun sat. Her hands shifted nervously, and she finally decided to pretend to be looking over the menu once again, only because she wanted to look pre-occupied. It would give her an excuse for why she refused to even spare a glance towards Kyuhyun at the moment. She fidgeted with her hands, and bit down nervously on her lower lip. The atmosphere at the table was extremely awkward. Even someone as dense as her could sense that. 
 
It was finally that day. And by that day, Nana meant the day she'd been dreading; the day MiSun planned their double-date to be on. To be honest, she'd been dreading this ever since her little...encounter with Kyuhyun. She hadn't talked to him since. This was probably the longest she'd gone without talking to Kyuhyun. She missed him, but she was too scared to approach him. Why? Because now she knew...despite what JiHye said, she just couldn't believe something that impossible. She know knew that all her feelings went to waste. The Kyuhyun she knew and loved was fake...it was just his way of playing with her feelings. 
 
In a way, this made her feel guilty because MiSun had planned the same thing for him. The only difference was, Nana was just playing along. Towards the end, she didn't intend to actually follow the plan through to the end. Although she initially had the intention of hurting Kyuhyun. her ideas were later reversed. She decided that it was wrong and it was just something she didn't want to do. Hurting Kyuhyun became a sin to her...because she liked him. She decided this a while back.  
 
Now, she wasn't sure if it was a sin anymore, since he proved to be the jerk she originally thought he was. Either way, she still didn't want to hurt him anymore...because she grew to love him too much; more than she ever really wanted to. And that was why it hurt so much right now. 
 
She didn't want to look at him; she didn't want to talk to him; she didn't even want to think of him because it reminded her too much of how delusional she was. Nana fell hard...she could now admit that. She was still in love with what she thought Kyuhyun was after he admitted that he was only playing with her feelings. Until she got over these feelings, she'd always have that slight pain in her heart, as if a piece of it had been broken off. 
 
So far, the date had went...okay? It was a bit awkward. They decided to go watch a movie first. It wasn't as bad, since the seating arrangement went Nana, Siwon, MiSun, then Kyuhyun. Thankfully, she was as far away from him as she could get. Throughout the movie, she was stealing quick glances at the two. Whenever she noticed one of them turn to look at her, she immediately turned away, nibbling on her lip anxiously. 
 
Now, they were at a restaurant for dinner. Luckily, this was the last thing on their agenda that Nana would have to survive through. It was a relatively short date, and Nana enjoyed that. The sooner she was away from Cho Kyuhyun, the better. 
 
"So..." Siwon started, attempting to break the silence. She could tell that he felt it too. Normally Kyuhyun and her would be arguing playfully, but today...it was silence. She hadn't said a word to MiSun either, which she was angry at herself for. It was unfair that because of Kyuhyun, she had to act this way around her best friend. She couldn't bring herself to talk to MiSun either, and she knew it was just wrong of her. "The weather today is nice." He awkwardly finished, having nothing else to say. Nana blinked, knowing that he probably regretted saying something so...boring. 
 
Suddenly, Nana felt like the tension had been lifted off of her heart. She giggled a bit at Siwon's cute failure of a try at conversation. With a satisfied smile, she laid her head on his shoulder and shut her eyes closed. She hummed quietly to a song that had been stuck in her head recently, SNSD's Genie. Siwon glanced down at Nana and smiled, unaware of the fact that only across the table Kyuhyun was feeling mixed emotions of regret and anger due to jealousy, and MiSun was rolling her eyes. 
 
Kyuhyun glared at the cute couple, obviously feeling jealous. But worse than that, he felt regret because he deserved this. He hurt Nana and pushed her away, so what right did he have to get angry. Although he thought this, it didn't stop him from feeling jealous, and put his arm around MiSun, hoping that it'd arise some reaction from Nana. 
 
"MiSun-ah!" He cooed, attempting at aegyo. Finding that his aegyo pretty much and sure wasn't working, he switched his approach. "You look beautiful." He glanced over at Nana, only to see that her eyes suddenly shot open. Her gulped uncomfortably, and her gaze darted all over the room, as if she didn't know where to look. He wasn't sure what to make of that sort of reaction, so he decided to try again just to verify a few things. 
 
He leaned in closer to MiSun, so that he was only a few inches away from her face, managed a smirk, and rested his arm around her waist. He once again, glanced back at Nana with interest. She now was staring straight at them. She tense up, sitting ridged and squirming in her seat. Her face was scrunched up, as if there was something about this that she didn't like. He wanted to take this as a ray of hope, but he'd already wrecked anything that could have been in his anger. He was now grasping at straws...although he knew there was no real hope for him. 
 
He sighed loudly, and a bit irritably. He then resorted to his last resort. He leaned in to MiSun, placing a thumb over her lips, before pretending to "kiss" her. He cringed, knowing MiSun was smirking from underneath him. He suddenly broke the "kiss", and turned back to Nana. This time, her face was bright red, and she was trembling. Her eyes went wide, and her breath hitched in . 
 
"I-I..." Nana stammered. She took a deep breath and shook her head, as if shaking off unwanted thoughts. "I need to go to the bathroom!" She abruptly stood up, and darted out of her chair, towards the hallway leading to the restrooms. 
 
Kyuhyun blinked, incredulously. His gaze darted towards a shocked, slightly disturbed Siwon. It worked? Did it? Anxious thoughts ran through his mind. He suddenly stood up, using the same excuse as Nana, and darted off towards the direction she went. 
 



Nana winced, feeling a sharp pain deep inside her chest. She rested a hand against her chest, near her the area her heart was supposed to be. She pouted as she realized just how quickly her heart was racing. She bit down on her lip, feeling another sharp pain.  
 
Why did it have to hurt so much? Where was this pain coming from? Never in her life, had she ever experienced something like this. Right now, everything seemed so surreal. Her mind was a mix of a bunch of jumbled thoughts. Her mind was reeling and she felt dizzy just at the slightest thought of Kyuhyun.  
 
It wasn't fair. Why did everything they had have to be a lie? Why does everything he has with MiSun have to be so real? It was like a slap across the face. It wasn't fair at all...but then again, she knew that she wasn't being fair either. 
 
She should have been contempt with Siwon, but instead she could only think about Kyuhyun. She knew that love was when you always wanted to be near someone and always thought about them, but...did that mean she wasn't in love with Siwon since she always thought about Kyuhyun. How could that be? She used to think about Siwon all day long. She used to dream about him, but now Kyuhyun ruined that all. He just loved making her life miserable, didn't he? 
 
She rested her head against the wall behind her, and sighed. This was just too confusing for her. The thing she wanted most right now was to escape. Why couldn't she choose her own feelings. If she was able to do that she would've stopped herself from falling for someone who didn't feel the same way because she never expected it to hurt this much. 
 
Thoughts of Kyuhyun and MiSun's scene back at the table ran through her mind once again. Her face turned pale and her breathing quickened. She felt like crying, but that would go against all her morals. She didn't cry often...she promised herself she wouldn't cry. She already went back on that after being betrayed and she didn't want to do so a second time this week. 
 
She shook her head, attempting to shake the thoughts away, after realizing that she was thinking about Kyuhyun again. 
 
"Distract yourself. Think happy thoughts, Nana. Happy thoughts." She growled, balling her fists up. She thought back to her date with Siwon, smiling slightly at the thought. That slight peace was suddenly disrupted as her thoughts traveled further back towards her "date" with Kyuhyun. Nana grinned, giddy, before realizing just where her thoughts managed to roam. She wanted to slap herself for being unable to control herself. 
 
"Why do I keep thinking about him?" She demanded towards herself, obviously frustrated. She ran a hand through her hair, slightly tugging at the strands. "Stop it, Nana. You can't. Don't let him get to you...Don't..." Her inner argument was suddenly weakened. 
 
Love is when your heart beats faster around a person. When you just want to be with them and think about them all the time. When seeing their smile makes your heart jump. When their happiness becomes your happiness. Loving someone is when they have such a spell on you... 
 
That was when she suddenly came to her final conclusion. She didn't love Siwon...she loved Kyuhyun.