When The Truth Comes Out? Or Not?

To Steal His Heart

"Oppa! Oppa!" Rolling his eyes, Kyuhyun continued walking down the street. It was early in the morning, and being hassled by Park Jaehwa wasn’t exactly his ideal situation.

“Oppa, just hear me out! I have something really important to tell you!” The look on his face was skeptical. Whatever she was trying to sell, he wasn’t buying. Besides, Jaehwa’s high pitchy tone was only emphasizing his morning migraine which wasn’t really helping her case.

“Oppa!” The girl squealed one last time. Her foot pounded against the cement of the sidewalk stubbornly. She looked like a kid throwing a fit.

‘Oppa...what an annoying word. Nana never calls me that.’ Kyuhyun thought dully. ‘Well, except for that one time when I treated her to cake...’ He almost laughed as the memory came to mind, but refrained from doing so when Jaehwa once again made herself known by screaming his name and stomping her foot into the ground.

Kyuhyun turned around. Irritation was evident from the look in his eyes, but the girl ignored it and grinned. She didn’t care about how he felt about her at the moment because she knew that it wouldn’t be she who he’d be annoyed with soon.

Siwon was nowhere in sight.

JaeHwa took note of this with a victorious smirk.

“What do you want?” His voice was full with…authority, was it? Possibly irritation?

She giggled in a mocking kind of way; much like how one would scoff at something incredulous, but no, Jaehwa preferred to sound like that innocent pixie one would just want to crush in the palm of their hand.

“I just want to tell you the truth, Kyuhyun oppa.” The snake-like woman approached him slowly.

“Your version of the truth?” The boy snickered, “I don’t want to hear it.”

“Oh yes, you do.” Her hands settled on her hips, and she opened , in a fresh breath of air. “Do you know why Nana-ssi stopped running away from you? Why she stopped attempting to avoid your stupid pranks?”

Pressing his lips together, Kyuhyun paused, before smirking and gesturing for Jaehwa to stop.

“Didn’t I just say that I didn’t want to hear it?”

She froze in mid-speech, and her grin fell. With confused eyes, the girl questioned his words.

“I don’t care for whatever you need to say. Do you hear how stupid you sound? However this started doesn’t matter, because I’m happy now.” Another pause. “And that’s all that matters.”

“Kyuhyun oppa!” The girl screamed only after he’d already turned to leave. She was aware of how unlikely it’d have been for him to turn at the sound of her voice, yet she insisted on screaming for him anyway.

Jaehwa stomped her foot against the ground.

“Kyuhyun oppa!” She screamed once more. The haughty girl crossed her arms across her chest and blew her bangs out of her face.

“Kyuhyun oppa…I’m not giving up on you, so don’t make this harder than it needs to be.”


“Ah!” The young girl sighed, exasperated, as she stretched out her limbs, promptly curling up into a tight warm human ball. Eyebrows furrowing, she frowned at the images passing through the small box she sat across from.

“Sungminnie! Pass me the remote. This show is so boring!”

“What am I, your slave?” The boy pouted in response before subsiding to her request. Misun grinned.

“Exactly.”

“Hey!” He gave a shout of protest to which she laughed. Once all the temporary fun had passed, she sighed heavily and pressed the television remote to her cheek.

“Why is it that I feel so uneasy?”

Sungmin laid an arm around her shoulder, and looked her in the eye, stiffening at her words.

“What is that supposed to mean? What’s making you uneasy?”

“That’s the problem. I can’t be sure. I guess we could call it a gut feeling.” Misun breathed a sigh.

“Is it something we should be scared for?”

She glanced at him in confusion.

“Why?”

“You’re usually right about these kinds of things.” Sungmin shrugged. “Now that I think about it, you’re usually right about everything.”

“You bet I am.” Misun laughed.

“Girls aren’t supposed to admit these kinds of things!”

“But it’s true!” She admitted snootily with a triumphant smirk. He smiled, entwining their fingers and giving her hand a comforting squeeze.

“Don’t worry too much. Everything’s good now, right?”

“Maybe.” Misun shrugged, speaking absent mindedly. “But I’m not so sure.”

“What’s there not to be sure about?”

“I don’t know.”