Apologize

To Steal His Heart

Aish. I really rushed the ending, but it was late at night, and I was tired, so please forgive me. Sorry >.<

Kim Nana just couldn't stand it anymore. She'd been biting on her lip so hard, that it started to bleed. She felt so guilty that nausea began to hit her hard. She'd gone the whole school day like this, ever since the incident of the morning. Her mind was reeling, and she couldn't pay attention in class, not that she ever did on a regular basis. She just couldn't function correctly anymore. For the first time in her life, Nana felt a cold hard guilt gnawing at her heart. She fidgeted nervously each time her thoughts drifted back to Kyuhyun and the events of the morning.  
 
She had been rude. No, she was just plain horrible. That was mean of her, and she knew it. Yet, there was nothing she could possibly have done about it. What was she supposed to tell him? The truth? That would've just made matters worse. It wasn't her fault that he decided to find joy in making her miserable. Did he expect her to want to be his friend after 13 years of that kind of abuse? Still, no matter how much she tried to convince herself that it definitely wasn't her fault, she couldn't help but feel guilty. 
 
Throughout class, her eyes continued to dart from the clock on the wall to Kyuhyun, himself. He still looked pretty bitter and glum, and she caused that. Never, in her 17 years of living, had she ever made someone look that sad. She didn't like it. It made her feel like a bad person. She felt like she had committed a crime or something. It wasn't fair. It just wasn't fair that she had to feel so bad even though she was usually the victim. It wasn't fair how he acted like she was at fault. Most of all, it wasn't fair how he was so affected by just one little thing she said...because she really was the guilty one, and she knew that somehow, she did deserve this in a way. 
 
She trudged through volleyball practice like a zombie. EunAe, the captain of the team, shot her a worried glance, as their star player wasn't doing too well today. She'd lost track of just how many times she missed the ball, or earned herself a foul by shooting the ball off in a haywire direction. At this point, she just didn't care anymore. She was dead tired, and just too frustrated with herself. Nana couldn't do anything right. She couldn't say the right things to save herself from guilt, and now she couldn't even serve a volleyball the right way. 
 
She smacked herself in the forehead, and slumped her way to the changing room. Lazily, she shrugged on her uniform. It was as if everything she was doing was happening in slow motion, and she began questioning why Cho Kyuhyun, who bullied her for years, even had the right to have this kind of effect on her. With a sigh, she made her way out of the changing room, only to collapse against the wall. Her eyes darted down the hallway, hoping to find Kyuhyun again, as she had yesterday, since he hadn't yet today. 
 
"He's not here." She whispered to herself in realization, since the hallway turned out to be empty. She allowed her head to roll against the wall, and closed her eyes. "Kim Nana. What have you done?" At the sound of footsteps, her head shot up. 
 
"Are you alright?" She stared up into the eyes of Choi Siwon. She suddenly found herself pouting in disappointment at the fact that it wasn't Kyuhyun. On any normal day, she would've been squealing with joy just at the fact that Siwon had spoken to her for the first time, but this wasn't a normal day. She couldn't get the annoying fly, known as Cho Kyuhyun, to stop buzzing into her mind. 
 
"I'm fine, Siwon oppa." She muttered quickly, swatting his hand that he held out to her away. Her eyes widened as she realized what she did, and she quickly got up and bowed as she apologized. What was wrong with her? How could she have acted so rude to Siwon? She has had a crush on him for years, and this was the first time they'd even exchanged words. 
 
"Are you sure?" He questioned. No. No, she sure that she was fine. In fact, she was certain that she wasn't. She'd just done the worst thing she possibly could have ever done, even if she didn't mean to. She should've never lied and told Kyuhyun she wanted to be his friend. How was she supposed to know that he could read her like a book? How was she supposed to know that he knew how she acted when she was lying? Why did she even lie in the first place, if she knew she wasn't good at it? 
 
"No, I'm not alright. I can't believe I just did that!" She let her head droop down, feeling too tired to even bring it back up again. 
 
"Do you need to talk to someone about it. I don't know what's wrong, but you looked a bit down, so-" 
 
"That would be great." Nana answered, leaning her head against the wall. "You see, I have this...well, no, he's not really my friend. Okay, there's this person, who I've known for almost my entire life, but I practically hate him because he's mean and is always trying to ruin my life." She shut her eyes tight, and fidgeted uncomfortably. How was she supposed to tell the story, without actually telling the whole story?  
 
"Well, my friend wanted the fighting between this person and me to stop, so she urged me to get along with him. The thing is, I don't actually really want to get along with him, but my friend is kind of forcing me. I told him I wanted to be his friend, but I really don't. For some reason, he was able to tell that I was lying, and now I feel all guilty about it. He looks really upset about it, and it's all my fault. I feel like I've done something really bad, although it's really not my fault."  
 
She stared up expectantly, waiting for Siwon to speak, as though he had all the answers in the world. If he didn't have an answer, then who would? She sure didn't have an answer. The most she could do was sit and complain. 
 
"If you were worrying about this person all day, then do you really hate him?" She shifted uncomfortably, and rubbed the back of her neck. She pursed her lips as she thought hard about what he said. She didn't care about Cho Kyuhyun...not at all. She just felt guilty about herself. It wouldn't matter to her who she hurt. It was just the fact that she hurt someone that bothered her, right?  
 
She bit her lip in wonder. For some reason, that didn't feel right to her. Coming to that kind of conclusion, it just felt...wrong. 
 
"I guess you're right. I don't really hate him." She murmured under her breath, since she didn't actually want to admit it out loud. Siwon smiled, and patted the top of the short girl's head. 
 
"What's your name?" He questioned,, "I've never seen you before. Are you new here?" 
 
"Oh, I'm Kim Nana." She grinned, feeling a weight lifted off of her after talking with Siwon. How was it that he made her feel so relieved and calm? She suddenly felt as though her old self was back as her cheeks flushed red. 
 
"Kim Nana? The girl with the glasses?" She giggled at the thought of Choi Siwon actually having noticed her before. Surprise was evident on his face, causing her to smile. 
 
"Yeah, My friend gave me a make-over." She grinned at his shocked expression and wide eyes that quickly faded into a gentle smile. "By the way, thank you, Siwon oppa." 
 



Nana's eyebrows furrowed and her hands shook. She was here, so now what was she supposed to do? The answer was simple, ring the doorbell or knock on the door, yet she couldn't bring herself to do it. She felt beyond nervous, although she really didn't have a reason to be nervous at all. She turned around, and debated hopping back on her bicycle and just going home for the day. She could try again tomorrow. There really was no need to rush things. 
 
No. If she left now, she'd never come back. She'd just keep making up excuses, and she'd never actually do anything. Nana was internally fighting with herself on this. Did she want to talk to Cho Kyuhyun or didn't she? She flipped open her phone, and debated calling MiSun to ask for help. MiSun was so much braver than she was. It would be so much easier if MiSun could just apologize for her. 
 
With a heavy sigh, she shut her eyes closed tightly, and rapped her knuckles against the door. She hadn't visited this house since she was 10 years old, and her mom forced her to stay over there for dinner. After that, she blatantly refused to ever step foot in it again, afraid that she'd only have to face extra hours of torture. Well, now she was going back on that promise to herself. She cringed at the sound of footsteps, and only opened her eyes once they stopped. 
 
"Cho Kyuhyun." Nana spoke, not even looking up to make sure it was him at the door, "I'm sorry." She bowed down at a 45 degree angle, peeking up over her bangs to find Kyuhyun's shocked expression. Her cheeks reddened at the thought of what exactly, she was doing. Never in her life before, would she have imagined apologizing to Cho Kyuhyun, let alone bowing down to him. 
 
"What's wrong with you? Who are you, and what have you done with Nana?" Kyuhyun gasped, pulling her up. "Stop doing that. Just stand up straight." 
 
"You don't get it do you?" She exclaimed, "Because of you, I've felt guilty all day. I can't concentrate on anything, and I at volleyball practice which never ever happens to me. I didn't even feel happy when Siwon oppa came up to talk to me, so I need to apologize to you, now. Otherwise, I'm going to be feeling like this all my life." She was out of breath by the time her rambling was over. Nana peeked up only to find the oh-so-very familiar smirk back on his face. She sighed in relief. Who would have though his evil smirk would actual make her feel so relieved? 
 
"So we can be friends then?" She questioned, smiling as she watched him nod his head. 
 
"On a condition." She was no longer smiling. Of course, there would be a condition. "I need you to do me a favor." 
 
"What?" Nana demanded. This was just too tiring. They already made up, so what did he want now? 
 
"I need you to be my fake-girlfriend for a day."