Maybe This Time...

To Steal His Heart

Wow! I just noticed that this story is already on its 24th chapter. Ah...that's a lot, isn't it? Ah, again, I just wanted to tahnk all you subscribers! Especially those who comment. Ah, and the new subscribers. I can't believe I already have 74 subscribers on this. It just seems surreal to me. Hahaha. It still hasn't sunken in. It's like I can see the numbers but I can't render the actual meaning into my head. Anyway, I have a lot planned for this, so I hope you all continue to enjoy the story. If I disappoint and fail to amuse, feel free to criticize me. >.< Hahaha. I hope you all continue to support me and this fic in the future >.< I have a lot planned for this, so I hope you'll all stick with me until the end!

So...I wrote this chapter really quick, and I didn't want to make it that long, so it kinda towards the end. Ah...let's just say I lost my inspiration. I planned so much better for this, but it just didn't come out the way I planned. Still...I hope you'll enjoy it. After this chapter I have planned...major drama. If you would like a hint as to what that drama is....well, let's just say that it'll make orangezzang a very happy person >.< Hahaha.

So, this will probabaly be the last peaceful chapter before all the drama starts. Hahaha. This mess is just about to get a lot messier >.<

Enjoy!~ I'd give subscribers virtual cupcakes. but I've never been great at making virtual food let alone real food, so...nah. See ya until whenever I have time to update next >.<


"Kyu! Kyu! Kyu!" Nana squeaked repeatedly, while poking Kyuhyun's cheek. He swatted her hand away, shooting her an annoyed look. "Take me somewhere fun!" 
 
"Since when am I 'Kyu' to you?" He questioned. Her face turned red in embarrassment at her small mistake, and she quickly looked down at her feet instead of meeting his gaze. She pursed her lips, anxiously trying to think of something smart and witty to say. Unfortunately, smart and witty had never quite fit her. Instead, she muttered a quick response, and her cheeks grew a deeper shade of red. 
 
"I-I felt like it." She muttered too quietly for him to hear. He leaned in closer, to hear her better, causing her face to flush even further. She jumped back a bit, flustered at the closeness between them. "I can call you whatever I feel like." She pouted, bashfully. Kyuhyun smirked, amused. 
 
"And you feel like giving me a nickname?" He questioned. "I didn't know you liked me so much." She shook nervously, feeling as though she could just die right then and there from embarrassment. She shook her head rapidly at his comment. Nana just couldn't find the ability within herself to open and directly deny it. She felt around her face, and groaned at how warm her cheeks were. If this weren't natural for her, one would think that she was sick with cheeks that red. 
 
"I'm just teasing you." Kyuhyun smirked, as she jumped back when he laid a hand on her warm cheek. He laughed at her cute little reaction, which just added to her embarrassment. 
 
"I know." She pouted bashfully. She lightly slapped his arm, hoping the laughing would stop, yet it only got louder. With a loud sigh, she finally gave up. Instead, she continued poking his cheek as she did before, with the only intention of annoying him as much as he was annoying her. 
 
"Take me somewhere fun." She whined. His laughing finally came to an end, and he shot her a very irritated look. She grinned victoriously as she met her goal. 
 
"First you force me to skip school with you, and now you want me to pick where to go?" He rolled his eyes with a sigh. Nana pouted, a contemplating look appearing on her face. She thought for a while before finally coming to a decision. 
 
"Kyu! Take me bowling. I want to go bowling!" She squealed happily, jumping up and down. He shrugged his shoulders, and nodded. It wasn't that bad of an idea...or was it? On the bright side, he could think of this as a date. It'd probably be his first and last one with Nana. 
 



Nana threw the bowling rental shoes on her feet, and kicked her legs, allowing them to dangle off the side of the chair, while humming a tune. Her head swung from left to right as she hummed along to some random song she made up herself. With a huge grin spread across her face, she glanced around at her surroundings, mesmerized. This was the first time she'd ever gone bowling in a bowling alley. She never expected it to be so...huge. The lights were slightly dimmed, but there were neon flashing lights at different areas. The lights were brightest towards the end of the alley, near the bowling pins. 
 
Her eyes gleamed with an obvious excitement as she glanced around happily, like a little kid at an amusement park. 
 
"Don't just sit there. Tie your shoes." Kyuhyun ordered, ruffling his hair at her airhead attitude. She was totally spaced out, and heard nothing he just said, although he was purposely speaking pretty loud. With a sigh, he knelt down and tied her shoes. "There." She smiled, and happily jumped up from her seat. 
 
"Let's play! Let's play!" Nana cried happily. She skipped up to a rack of bowling balls, and picked one up. Immediately, the ball weighed down her arm, and she struggled to keep it in the air. 
 
"Omo! It's heavy!" She whined. Nana pouted, struggling to lift the bowling ball to put it back in its place. Once she did, she examined the remaining colored bowling balls with interest, trying to decide which one would seem lighter. Unfortunately, she was stumped since they all pretty much looked the same. A purple bowling ball was suddenly placed right in front of her view, and she jumped back in surprise. Nana looked up to find Kyuhyun holding it out to her. 
 
"It's lighter." He bluntly explained. She grinned and said a quick 'thank you' before poking her fingers into the holes.  
 
She slowly stepped up to one of the lanes, and tilted her head, wondering what to do. She'd watched bowlers bowl before, but she'd never actually done so herself. With a confused expression, she drew the bowling ball back, and released it. It hit the floor of the lane with a loud thump, and slowly rolled into the gutter, causing Nana to pout. It was much harder than it actually looked. 
 
She trotted up to Kyuhyun with a frustrated pout on her face, while he had a satisfied smirk on his. 
 
"Look at you looking all smug." She muttered bitterly, which just further amused him. He frowned as the excited smile fell from her face. Wasn't she having fun? It was their first date together and she didn't even like it. She was even the one who suggested it! 
 
He reached up and pinched her cheeks, stretching them. He laughed, watching her flail around as she attempted to escape his grasp. 
 
"Lemme go, Kyu! Lemme go!" She choked, although it was hard for her to speak while having her cheeks stretched. He finally let go, and she gasped for air. At first she shot him an irritated glare and a small pout, but seeing as he was laughing, she soon joined in. Relief washed over him as her mood began to pick up again.  
 
That fluttery warm feeling was back, and he knew exactly why. Kyuhyun felt proud. Extremely proud. He just made her laugh. He made her happy. How much better could this get? It was only hopeless dreaming, but still...it was something. It was something that made him feel warm, and happy inside like he was something to her. Was it so wrong to want to believe that he could be something to her? Pretending was fine, wasn't it? 
 
Next, he effortlessly got a strike as he bowled, which seemed to amaze Nana. He grinned as dropped open, and her eyes sparkled with amazement. She suddenly turned to him eagerly, and latched onto his arm. 
 
"Teach me, Kyu!" She exclaimed. He grinned, as she held up her bowling ball. 
 
"You're not holding it correctly." Kyuhyun stated. He stood behind her, and placed his hands over her's to show her how to hold the bowling ball. He then proceeded to show her the correct stance, and how to draw the ball back, and when to release it. He smirked as she turned red when he had his arms around her as he directed her. She quickly swatted him away with a flustered expression. 
 
"I got it. I got it." She repeated, attempting to do something on her own. She followed his directions, and did as she was told. Although it didn't get her a strike, she knocked down every pin except for one. That was more than good enough for her.  
 
With excitement and glee, she skipped up to Kyuhyun and pulled him into a tight hug, while jumping up and down like she was hyper. 
 
"Did you see that, Kyuhyun?" She exclaimed. "I did it!" He smiled, and his cheeks tinted a light pink as she continued to hug him. 
 
"Yeah. I saw." He replied. "But you still kind of at this." He grinned as a pout fell upon her face. She playfully slapped his arm, and turned her head. 
 
"I'll get better. I'll win against you!" 
 
"You want to bet on it?" 
 
"Of course." Nana huffed with a nod. She crossed her arms across her chest to show her frustration, although she couldn't look intimidating even if she tried. 
 
"But I always win." He stated with a grin. 
 
"Well...maybe this time I will!" 
 
"Maybe this time we both will win." Kyuhyun replied in wonder. And he wasn't just talking about bowling anymore.