Let The Games Begin

To Steal His Heart

Hehehe. Thank you all for commenting and subscribing ^.^ I'm sorry if this chapter is a little long. It's just an introductory kind of chapter. I'm really sorry if it's kind of boring, but I hope you all like it. Thank you!~


A five year old Kim Nana tapped the ground impatiently as she hummed the tune to a made-up song. Her head bobbed from side to side, her ponytail swinging behind her. She turned forward to meet her umma's face, and smiled pleasantly. Although she wasn't very sure what was happening, what she did understand was that her umma had brought her along to meet with her friend and her friend's son. Nana's umma had deemed this a "play date" although Nana preferred to think of it otherwise. She had many friends, so Nana was certain that it wouldn't be hard to make friends with one more person.  
 
Nana's gaze rose to the sound of footsteps. Her eyes trailed from the woman who approached and immediately started making conversation with her umma, to the small boy tagging along beside her. Their eyes met for a second, and Nana blinked in curiosity. Suddenly, he smiled, so she politely smiled back and waved. Much to her disappointment, he didn't wave back, but she dismissed this. Instead, she broke away the slight contact and stared up at her umma. 
 
"Nana." She began, grasping her hand and leading her to the boy. "This is Cho Kyuhyun. Say 'hello'." Nana did as she was told with a meek yet bright greeting. Her umma patted her head and smiled. "Play nicely." Once her umma had turned to talk to the woman again, Nana turned to face the boy. Strange enough, he hadn't said a word, and was kicking a pebble with his foot. Was he shy? 
 
"Um...hello?" Nana called, waving her hand in front of his face. "What's your name?" 
 
"Didn't you hear? I'm not going to repeat it if you're too stupid to remember."  Nana crossed her arms and pouted, shooting a glare towards his direction. 
 
"I heard it the first time." She clarified, "I was just trying to be nice. You weren't saying anything, so I was going to start talking, but now I don't want to. You're mean and I don't like you." She huffed and stomped her foot into the ground before turning to run off to her mother, but she was stopped in her tracks. She felt a hard tug on her ponytail, causing her to fall backwards into the dirt. Her eyes shut tight in pain and her eyebrows furrowed, but she didn't cry as a normal five year old would. When she finally opened her eyes, they met with those of Kyuhyun who had an amused smirk settled on his face. 
 
"Your name is Nana? I'm Kyuhyun. Nice to meet you." He greeting, although it didn't sound like a greeting at all. It sounded like he was making fun of her. She glanced down at her clothing, only to find her favorite dress dirty and soiled by the fall. She frowned and glared up at Kyuhyun. Nana was not about to let this one go, but neither was he. 
 
"You're interesting." He stated, although it was an empty statement. It could have been interpreted in multiple ways, and Nana chose to think of it as a compliment. Only later would she find that it wasn't a compliment at all. It was the beginning mark of 13 years of torment all caused by one boy. So much for trying to make friends. 
 



A loud noise was heard as Kim Nana's body hit the ground, causing her to awaken from her sleep. She tiredly opened her eyes, but closed them shut again as the sunlight entered the room. A groan left her lips, and she pulled the covers up over her head in hoped of blocking out the light. 
 
"Ten more minutes!" She groaned, burying her head in her pillow. I knock was heard at her door, followed by the creaking sound of the door opening. 
 
"Kim Nana, why aren't you awake yet?" The girl's umma demanded, "You're late. It's already 7:45." The girl tore through the covers until her head poked out from the blanket. 
 
"Really?" She gasped as though she were expecting someone to tell her that they were just kidding, and that she could go back to sleep. "It's already that time? Yah! I'm late! Why didn't you wake me up earlier?!" She practically jumped over mounds of clothes, blankets, and pillows, and raced to the bathroom to fix herself up. Her umma rolled her eyes, annoyed, yet amused by the fact that she could jump over the stacks of filth she called a bedroom so well. Nana smoothed her hair into a ponytail and struggled her uniform on, before racing down the stairs. 
 
"I made you some coffee." Her umma announced, holding the cup out to her. She muttered a quick "thanks" only to have the liquid spill down the front of her shirt as she lifted it to . 
 
"Aigo. Now what am I supposed to do?" She whined, dabbing at the fabric with a napkin. A frown fell upon her face as she realized that she wouldn't have enough time to change, and that she had forgotten to do her homework too. She stumbled up the stairs to retrieve her bag, and tripped on the way down, falling on her . A grumble left her lips as she shoved a piece of toast in , leaving it hanging. Nana threw the bag over her shoulder and hurried outside, hopped on her bicycle, and immediately left. 
 
She apologized countless times as she sped down the street, almost running into people along the way and getting run over herself. She was short on time so she didn't have much of a choice. Her focus was left on making it to school on time, as she hurried there, feeling out of breath once she finally made it. 
 
"Nayan!" The sing-song voice was heard from behind, so Nana swerved to meet MiSun, her best friend. "You're here early. That's not something we see every day." 
 
"What do you mean by that? I thought I was late. Umma said that it was already 7:45 by the time I left!" Nana exclaimed. MiSun covered and turned away, giggling. Nana felt her face go red in embarrassment. 
 
"Um...Nana, it's 7:50 right now. She tricked you." 
 
"Just another reason why I already hate today." Nana sighed, pouting. MiSun rolled her eyes at her friend's behavior. Suddenly, her eyes widened and she sighed. 
 
"Well, another reason is coming right your way." A confused look fell upon the girl's face. It wasn't until she looked behind her shoulder that it hit her. 
 
"Oh great." She murmured sarcastically. She shut her eyes tight, mentally preparing herself for the next few seconds of humiliation. What did he have to torture her with today? She winced as she felt a tug on her ponytail. 
 
"Hey Nana." She grimaced as she turned to face Cho Kyuhyun, or as she liked to call, the devil himself. 
 
"What do you want? Oh wait...what don't you want." She smiled triumphantly at the sarcasm in her tone, but her grin dropped as she realized that he, too was smiling. He had a plan...great. 
 
"So, Nana. Yesterday I was digging through some old photo albums, and guess what I found." She narrowed her eyes, as he pulled out an embarrassing baby picture. She felt her cheeks heat up like they were on fire. She bit her lip hard, and glanced around nervously. 
 
"Don't you dare." She warned. The evil smirk was still plastered onto his face, so her expression softened as she shot him a pleading look. "Cho Kyuhyun! You can't just go around showing these things to everyone! Put it away! Now!" She whined. She glanced around her surroundings, only to spot Choi Siwon, a senior who she'd had a crush on for years. Her cheeks grew a deeper shade of red, if it had even been possible to blush any deeper, and she panicked. 
 
She stood on her toes, and reached to grab the photo, but he was taller than her. Desperately, she jumped to grab the photo, but failed. She pouted and glared at the smirking Kyuhyun. One day, he was going to pay for this. This, and everything else he had done. One day, karma was going to get him, and it was going to hit hard. With a growl, she tackled him to the ground, and ripped the photo out of his grasp. She smiled triumphantly, and kissed the photo, relieved that it was back in her hands. 
 
Nana turned to show off her victory to MiSun, but instead found half of the students outside, staring at her wide eyed. Among those students, her eyes locked with Siwon's, as he too, gaped at the scene. MiSun gave Nana a warning look, and tried to mouth some words that Nana couldn't understand. Instead, she found her cheeks heating up at the sudden amount of attention being directed towards her. 
 
"I know you like me and all, but it's kind of weird to just jump on me out of no where." Kyuhyun smirked, delighted with the fact that he was most definitely getting under her skin. If she wasn't blushing already, then her face was on fire by now. She immediately jumped off, and dusted her skirt off before darting in the other direction. She felt humiliated. Once again, Cho Kyuhyun had gotten her feeling embarrassed and humiliated...and worse, in front of Siwon. 
 



"You know what? I'm done with this. I can't believe I put up with this crap for the past 13 years." Nana fumed. Her voice resonated the room as she ranted hysterically. Her face was practically tomato red from her half anger-half embarrassment and humiliation. MiSun had been Nana's best friend for the past five years. By now, she was used to these everyday rants about how Kyuhyun was an evil devil sent from hell to make her life miserable. By now, she could almost predict every word Nana was about to say. It was always the same. 
 
"You know I've just about had it. I swear this ti-" 
 
"Yeah, yeah. This time you won't just stand and let it happen again. You'll do something about it, won't you?" MiSun rolled her eyes as she spoke with obvious sarcasm almost oozing from her speech. She clicked her tongue in annoyance, staring expectantly at Nana, waiting for a reaction. Nana pouted at this, and slumped in her seat with a sigh, crossing her arms over her chest. Swinging her feet off the side of her bed, MiSun slammed the magazine she had been reading down, and turned to face the childish girl. 
 
"You know why this keeps happening to you, Nana?" She started, irritated by the other girl's lack of reaction, "Because you never have the guts to actually stand up for yourself." 
 
"The guts?!" Nana protested, angry at the insult. "I have plenty of guts. I just...don't know how to get back at him. He's always one step ahead of me." 
 
"Then why don't you get one step ahead of him. Actually, go 20 steps ahead of him. Do something he'll never expect from you." MiSun's eyes glinted with excitement as she approached the petite girl as if she were a piece of candy to a baby. Nana leaned back in her seat, eyeing MiSun suspiciously. 
 
"Where are you getting at?" She wondered aloud, leaning so far back in her chair that she tumbled backwards, falling flat on her . She rubbed the sore spot as MiSun giggled to herself, earning a glare from Nana. 
 
"I have a plan." MiSun announced. "I'm tired of all your complaining, so I decided that I'm going to help you." Nana pulled herself up, smoothing down her wrinkled sweatshirt. 
 
"And what would this plan be?" She questioned skeptically, positioning her glasses in place. A wide grin spread out across MiSun's face. A wide mischievous grin. Nana shivered uncomfortably. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea. 
 
"We're going to trick Kyuhyun with the one thing he'd never imagine that could happen." MiSun smiled, "Nana, you're going to steal his heart and break it into a thousand pieces. He won't ever think about teasing or bullying you ever again after your done with him."