Bubble Tea

Krisho drabbles

a/n: Inspired by this picture:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRWNAlmMuS0ueQr0gybyN

Drabble 02: Bubble Tea

“Junmyeon.”

“Yes?”

“Wanna go for bubble tea?”

Junmyeon looked torn as he glanced uncertainly from his book up to Yi Fan’s expectant face. “...I’ll go with you.” He placed a book mark between the yellowing pages of his novel and got up from his seat in the kitchen of the EXO dorm.

“Don’t forget to grab a coat. It’s cold outside.”

Junmyeon rolled his eyes, but grabbed a hoodie anyways. “Yes mother.

Yi Fan just laughed and tapped his foot impatiently while Junmyeon tied up his shoelaces.

“Someone’s excited,” Junmyeon commented drily.

Yi Fan shrugged and stuck his hands in his coat pockets. “We haven’t had any time for just to the two of us in a while. Of course I’m a little excited.”

Junmyeon’s face went pink at that. Ah…so this is a date. He glanced down at his clothes, and then decided that it didn’t really matter because his patterned hoodie was covering up most of his torso anyways.

Yi Fan raised an eyebrow at him. “You look fine.”

Junmyeon just scoffed, although his heart warmed up a little when his boyfriend correctly guessed what was on his mind. “Who goes to bubble tea on a day like this though? Maybe we should get something warmer to drink.”

“You can order hot tea drinks,” Yi Fan said absently. “Although, I thought that you said that you liked cold drinks on snowy days.”

“I do! Just not right after wandering around in the snow.”

“Ten minutes is hardly ‘wandering around’.”

“Yi Fan. I’m not complaining, I just don’t want you to feel too cold.”

“I’ll be fine. After all, how can I be cold when you’re right next to me, warming my heart up?”

Junmyeon swore that he died a little when Yi Fan kept straight face while saying that. “Oh god. Yi Fan, I’m sorry, but your face just doesn’t suit cheesy couple lines,” he teased.

“It doesn’t?” Yi Fan asked, but his lips tilted up in to a smile that had Junmyeon’s heart trembling in his chest.

“I-it doesn’t.”

“Liar.” Yi Fan reached over and looped his arm through Junmyeon’s elbow.

Junmyeon just looked down at the ground, his face glowing at the close contact.

XXX

At the tea shop, Junmyeon decided that he actually wasn’t thirsty, and let Yi Fan order a drink for himself. They passed the time just talking about nothing in particular until Yi Fan’s drink arrived.

“How are you going to carry that? The plastic is probably too hot,” Junmyeon said, eyeing his boyfriend with worried eyes.

“I have gloves. That way, the container won’t burn me. Now come on, let’s head back…you know the kids can’t last too long without us.”

“Lu Han and Xiumin are your age,” Junmyeon laughed at him. “Who are you to call them ‘kids’?”

Yi Fan just shook his head and took a sip of his drink. “Want some?”

“What did you end up getting again?”

“It’s a thai tea.”

“I’ll pass.”

Yi Fan curled his fingers around the top of the cup and let it dangle by his side as he and Junmyeon walked back towards the SM building.

“Yi Fan?”

“What?”

“If…” Junmyeon hesitated for a moment. “If you see Lu Han and Xiumin as kids, then how do you see me? Am I just a kid to you as well?”

Yi Fan sighed; while Junmyeon was innocent and kind, just like an angel, he was overly sensitive at times. “No, Junmyeon. You said it a long time ago yourself, didn’t you? ‘If I’m the mother, then you’re the father, right?’ Of course I don’t see you as a kid, even though you’re a few months younger than me. In my eyes, and in my heart, we stand on equal ground. Ok?”

Junmyeon bit his lip and berated himself at the hint of irritation in Yi Fan’s voice; of course he shouldn’t have bothered asking such a childish question. And yet…it felt so much better to have insecurities set aside. “Ok.”

Yi Fan lifted his free hand and ruffled Junmyeon’s soft hair. “Don’t over think things.”

Junmyeon just hummed gently in response.

XXX

When they arrived back at the EXO dorms, they found Sehun in the kitchen, pouring himself a glass of water. “Where’ve you guys been?”

Junmyeon threw off his heavy jacket and kicked off his boots before picking them up and placing them neatly by the shoe rack. “We went out to bubble tea.”

“Eh? Why didn’t you take me with you?” Sehun whined. “Junmyeon-hyung…”

“Ask Yi Fan,” Junmyeon didn’t bother trying to hide the smile that fought it’s way on to his face from Sehun’s cuteness.

“Yi Fan?”

“Ah…so they were on a date,” Yixing snickered as he entered the kitchen.

“Shut up Yixing!”

“But it’s true!”

Sehun watched Yi Fan and Yixing yell at each other with complete bemusement. “What are they talking about, hyung?”

Junmyeon just patted his bandmate’s shoulder. “…Don’t mind them, Sehun. They’re just being crazy.”

Yi Fan turned around and glowered at them. “I heard that, Junmyeon.”

Junmyeon just smiled his million-watt smile and left the kitchen, the smile growing even brighter as he wallowed in the fuzzy feeling in his stomach that he had from his bubble tea date with Yi Fan.

 

a/n: Yay more fluff! Let me know your favorite bubble tea flavors in the comments; mine is mango milk tea :)