Nervous

Krisho drabbles

a/n: More of a suho-centric drabble than krisho-centric.

Drabble 52: Nervous

Everyone was nervous. The twelve bandmates milled about anxiously backstage as they waited for their fan meet with Japanese fans to start. A lot was riding on this meet—the reaction of the fans, and the impact of their first major performance event for a new market. It was the first long program they’d done in a while, and it also signaled the dawn of a new era for Exo.

Suho corralled everyone into a tight knit circle and put his arms over as many member’s backs as he could. “Hey guys. Everyone just stay calm. We’ve done this all before, right? It’ll be just like the start of the other eras—”

“Except everyone will be speaking in Japanese,” Baekhyun interrupted.

“Shut up, Baekhyun,” Suho said, without any real heat behind his words. “Yes. They’ll be speaking Japanese. Hopefully there are no terrible language mistakes. But just remember—this is like any concert we go to. We’re going to go on stage and sing and dance. We’re going to answer questions for Japanese fans. We’re going to play games and act absolutely ridiculous and feel like we’re going to vomit while feeling the spirit of the crowd lifting us off our feet at the same time. And then it’ll be over, and it’ll be just like any concert, where we perform for the fans who love us, and we perform to spread music and spread our influence, ok?”

Eleven people nodded their heads quietly, and Suho smiled affectionately as a few faces lightened slightly. He slipped his hands off the other member’s shoulders and clapped his hands. “Exo, let’s love!”

A stage manager hurried over to the group and beamed at them. “Two minutes until you guys go on!”

“Thank you.” Suho turned back to the group. “We’ll be fine, guys. It’ll be great. We’ll be great. Ok?”

The manager began chivvying them into their places to enter the stage, and Suho smoothed his face out into a cheerful expression. But as his eyes flashed across to the other members, a hint of worry and concern filtered through his expression as his gentle gaze assessed every man that stood at attention in the wings.

His eyes met with Kris’s from across the line, and understanding flashed between them.

Suho was lying through his teeth when he told the members that they would be alright. He didn’t know—he didn’t know if Japanese fans would love them or not. He didn’t know if someone would have a language mistake or not. He didn’t know if someone mess up the choreography or mix up one of the answers to the questions that the emcee would ask.

But no matter what happened at the meet, they could depend on each other. The two leaders would meet and pick each other up off the ground, and life would carry on.

Because Kris and Suho working together brought the group into a perfect harmony, and kept the group up on it's feet, no matter what uncertainties lay in the future ahead.

 

 

 

a/n: I'M BACK!!! Did you guys miss me? :D

So, with Exo's comeback in a couple days into the Overdose Era, I thought it was time to have this series have a comeback as well! I know that there are fancams from the meet, and that there were some krisho moments, but I thought that this first drabble would be a good start off to a new era...we'll see if I can squeeze in some more drabbles about fancams later in the week :)

Thank you guys for reading! If you like this series so far, please comment, subscribe and upvote with your thoughts, potential requests, and suggestions! Really thank you guys for reading, and I"m looking forward to continuing this series through the Overdose Era :)

Also, I hope you guys liked my Code 100 reference at the end ^_^ Krisho is love! <3