Bouquet

Krisho drabbles

Drabble 14: Bouquet

 Junmyeon rolled his stiff neck as he yawned in boredom; EXO was on their way back from fan meet, and the meeting site was far away from the hotel. So far away, in fact, that they were driving through backroads in the countryside.

“Tired?” Baekhyun eyed him sympathetically from his seat on Junmyeon’s left side.

Junmyeon nodded sleepily.

Baekhyun reached out and tugged Junmyeon’s head so that it was pillowed on his shoulder. “Go to sleep hyung. I’ll wake you up when we get there.”

“I’m tired but I can’t sleep,” Junmyeon whined slightly even as he accepted Baekhyun’s offer as a headrest.

Baekhyun nodded wisely. “Ah…I know how you feel. Maybe if you look out the window, you’ll get sleep. I’ve been watching Exo-M’s car in front of this this whole time, and my eyelids have started feeling a bit heavy…”

“Mmmm.” Junmyeon decided to follow Baekhyun’s advice and let his eyes follow the black SUV that contained the other half of the band. He allowed his mind to wander as he stared mindlessly, and was both surprised and a little relieved when Baekhyun’s suggestion seemed to work…

Until suddenly, the car in front of them slowed down and pulled over to the side. Junmyeon sat bolt upright, his face paling with worry.

Baekhyun stirred sleepily beside him. “What?” he grumbled groggily. “Hyung, I just fell asleep…”

Junmyeon ignored him, and tapped their manager on the shoulder. “Is everything alright with them?”

The manager frowned as he scanned the text he’d just received. “It looks like everything’s fine. They didn’t say what they’re doing.”

Junmyeon frowned and settled back in his seat, his face paling slightly as his mind raced through various scenarios. What if the other members were ill, or injured?

He stayed restlessly awake for the rest of the car ride, unable to relax.

XXX

Naturally, the Exo-K members reached the dorms first. The others were tired and worn out, but Junmyeon chose to wait in the couch on the living room for the rest of the band to arrive.

When they did arrive, Junmyeon noted that all of them looked tired, but none of them seemed sick or injured. “Are all of you alright? We noticed you guys pull over earlier…also, where’s Yi Fan?”

“He’s coming.” Junmyeon blinked at surprise when the five boys shared a smirk. “He’ll be here in a sec…we’re going to bed, hyung, we’re tired.”

“Ok,” Junmyeon said automatically. “Rest well.”

“Thanks.”

Junmyeon settled back in to the couch, curiosity and worry tugging at his mind. What was Yi Fan doing?

The door swung open a second time and Junmyeon opened his mouth to scold Yi Fan for being late, only to stop with his mouth hanging half-open.

“Hi Junmyeon.” Yi Fan smiled sheepishly at him as he walked up to his boyfriend.

“You…” Junmyeon stared wordlessly at the bunch of flowers in Yi Fan’s hands.

“We pulled over because I saw the flowers, and I wanted to give them to you.” Yi Fan bent down and brushed a kiss across Junmyeon’s forehead before cheerfully presenting the bouquet to him. “Do you like them?”

Junmyeon sighed and smiled, too touched to yell at Yi Fan for making him worried. “They’re beautiful. Thank you.” He held the bunch in one hand as he softly ran his hands over the bright petals.

Yi Fan looked pleased. “I thought you’d like them.” He kissed Junmyeon’s forehead once more and then straightened up. “Well, I’m going to take a shower now.  You should put the flowers in a vase before they dry out.” With that, he left the room.

Junmyeon groaned and allowed his head to drop forward. No matter how many times Yi Fan did a small gesture like that to him, it always melted him in to a puddle of goo, and made it impossible for him to scold the older man. Sighing, Junmyeon pushed himself off the couch and padded in to the kitchen to look for a container to put the flowers in.

The flowers really were very nice, Junmyeon mused, teasing his finger down the edge of a soft petal. The corner of his mouth twitched at his next thought.

I’ll just have to repay him for the favor sometime.

a/n:Sorry if thist doesn't make sense...haven't had time to edit it yet. Enjoy, my lovelies, and thank you to the lovely prompter! as always, feel free to comment to let me know what you think, as well as to give me prompts or ideas for another chapter :) also, 100 SUBSCRIBERS!!! Thank you all so much! *cries*