Magazine

Krisho drabbles

a/n: I've been wanting to write this one for a while, but I couldn't remember where the magazine article was from...then I was reminded of it by this post on exochocolate! http://exochocolate.livejournal.com/520543.html# and then of course I had to write a drabble about this moment...I hope you enjoy!

Drabble 32:

Junmyeon sighed as he and Kyungsoo waited in line at the grocery store. The people in front of them were taking forever, as they argued with the cashier while waving a handful of coupons in the poor employee’s face. Junmyeon briefly pitied the young man for a moment before he began browsing through the magazine rack in front of them.

His eyebrows went up when he saw the November issue of Mina Magazine, emblazoned with EXO-M’s familiar faces on it. “Eh? I didn’t know that they had this interview…” He reached out and took the magazine off of the rack. “This is so old, why is it still being sold in the store?”

Kyungsoo shrugged. “Well, this isn’t really the best store to come for magazines, hyung.”

“I guess.” Junmyeon leaned against the cart and opened the magazine up, flipping to the page with the interview on it. He began reading, vaguely aware of Kyungsoo gently pushing him away from the cart and then leaning down to put their items on the conveyor belt.

He was so immersed in the interview that he absent-mindedly picked up bags and put them in the shopping cart with one hand while the other hand held the magazine. Finally, when they were in the car, Junmyeon put the magazine down and stared blankly out the window for a few minutes.

Kyungsoo reached over and patted his knee. “Junmyeon-hyung?”

“Hm?” Junmyeon turned to face him.

“Why were you so interested in the interview? We’re all very close and already know most things about each other.”

“I guess. Sometimes it’s…” Junmyeon seemed to struggle with the word he wanted to say for a few moments. “It’s…it’s fun to read how the others answer questions though.”

Kyungsoo looked at him skeptically, but chose not to push the issue as the car pulled up in front of the dorms. “Are you ok hyung? You seem so out of it.”

“I’m fine.” Junmyeon flashed his angelic smile at Kyungsoo as he unbuckled his seat belt. “Don’t worry about it.”

XXX

“Yi Fan?”

“Hey Junmyeon.”

Junmyeon clutched his phone tightly and stared down at the magazine in his lap. “Um…”

“What’s up?” Junmyeon could hear Yi Fanshifting around on the other end of the line, and for a moment, he closed his eyes and imagined Yi Fan's expression at the moment. It was probably relaxed and open, but with a hint of worry shining through his eyes.

“Junmyeon? Are you still there?”

Junmyeon opened his eyes and shook himself out of his reverie. “Yeah. I’m here.”

“So what’s up?” Tonight, Yi Fan was visiting his mother who had come to Korea to spend some of the holiday season with her son. He’d gone off to her hotel for the evening, and Junmyeon could hear the slight impatience in Kris’s voice, as he wanted to get back to his parent.

“Is now an ok time? I can call later if you want.”

“No, now is alright. It’s already past midnight, so Mom’s already in bed.”

Junmyeon’s eyes widened slightly. “Did I wake you up? I’m sorry!”

“Junmyeon, it doesn’t matter. Just tell me why you called.”

Junmyeon flinched at Yi Fan’s impatient tone. “Well, do you remember having a photo shoot with Mina Magazine a couple of months ago?”

“Yeah. What about it?”

“In the interview…you said…your ideal type of girl is…” Junmyeon hesitated, not wanting to expose his thoughts to Yi Fan.

Yi Fan sighed through the line. “I said my ideal type of girl is like an angel. With pretty eyes. What I’ve been saying for most interviews lately. What’s the matter with that?”

“You have?”

“I have what?”

“You’ve been saying that for interviews lately?” Junmyeon bit his lips as he waited for Kris to respond.

“Ah…I see what this is about.” Suddenly, Junmyeon felt as if he could hear Kris’s cat-like smirk through the phone line. “You want to know if I was talking about you?”

Junmyeon gulped. “Yes.”

“I was talking about you. There’s a reason why your nickname is “Angel”, Junmyeon.”

Junmyeon felt blood rushing to his face as he stared blankly down at the magazine. “But once, I heard you talking to Luhan-hyung about how muddy my eyes are.”

“What? When did I say that?”

“It was a while ago. It doesn’t matter, I was just being stupid.” Junmyeon was regretting making this call more than ever. “I shouldn’t have woken you up. Sleep well, Yi Fan.”

“Junmyeon—“

Junmyeon took the phone away from his ear and ended the call.

XXX

The next morning, Junmyeon woke to the feeling of someone his hair. He instinctively curled into the soothing hands, only to open his eyes and flinch backwards. “Yi Fan!”

“Good morning, Angel.”

Junmyeon flushed when he remembered the stupid call he’d made at midnight. “Uh…”

Yi Fan leaned down and kissed his forehead. “Why can’t you see how beautiful you are?”

Junmyeon shifted, slightly uncomfortable at all of the attention he was receiving. “It’s too early in the morning for this,” he mumbled, trying to lighten the situation. “Don’t I get a little time to adjust?”

Yi Fan just shook his head and ruffled Junmyeon’s hair. “You’re beautiful, Junmyeon. Really.”

“Yeah, whatever.”

However, Yi Fan knew that Junmyeon had taken his words to heart when he noticed that the corner of Junmyeon’s lips stayed curled up in a small smile for the rest of the day.

a/n: First of all: the ending . I know, and I'm sorry but I just couldn't come up with a good ending. Secondly, I know that Kris has been saying this for a while ahaha. Thirdly: Thanks for reading! And yes, I have heard all of your requests for first snow (I think literally fifteen people asked for the same thing! Ahaha that's the most I've ever gotten for the single event. And I agree that it was a very special moment)...I will post the one-shot as a chapter here very very soon! Please anticipate. After that, I have finals for the rest of the week, so unless a really big krisho moment happens, don't expect another update until Friday (or Saturday to all of my asian subbies) for an update after the first snow. As usual, feel free to leave requests in the comments below; comment, subscribe and upvote if you enjoyed please, and see you next drabble!