Slow

Krisho drabbles

Drabble 03: Slow

Junmyeon threw a hand over his eyes as he flopped back on the couch in the EXO dorm.

Sometimes, he seriously wondered if this was going to work.

They were both slow when it came to loving, trusting, speaking, and simply being together. They didn’t know how to act in a relationship with another male; in some aspects, it was like dating a girl, but then in others, it was so different.

Junmyeon was trying so hard to make it work. He forced himself to move forward, to sometimes hold Yi Fan’s hand in public, to talk about his feelings, and when no one was looking, to sometimes reach up and steal a kiss.

On the other hand, sometimes Junmyeon felt like Yi Fan wasn’t trying to change at all. Yi Fan had never really had a problem with skinships at concerts, but everything else: talking, communicating, touching, and expressing their emotions. Yi Fan just didn’t seem to be trying to push their relationship forward.

“Hyung? Is everything alright?”

Junmyeon sat up and blinked the tears forming in his eyes away. “Everything’s fine, Sehun-ah.”

Unfortunately, Sehun chose to persist. “Are you having problems with Yi Fan-hyung? He also seems very gloomy…”

Junmyeon just pursed his lips. “I’m ready to talk when he is.”

“So you are having problems?” A small crease appeared between Sehun’s eyebrows. “Hyung, you shouldn’t say that everything’s fine when it obviously isn’t.”

Junmyeon shook his head and reached up to ruffle the maknae’s hair. “Sehun-ah, don’t worry. It’ll resolve itself over time.”

Sehun looked unconvinced, but allowed the matter to drop. “If you’re sure. I’m going to bed now, ok? Don’t stay up too late.”

Junmyeon smiled. “I won’t. Thank you, Sehun-ah.”

Sehun left the room, and Junmyeon let his head fall back once more as he stared up at the ceiling. This was all just so frustrating.

Junmyeon looked up in surprise when the door opened once more; all of the Exo-K members were back in the dorm, as far as he knew. Who was trying to come in…?

Junmyeon’s eyes narrowed slightly, and he turned his head so that he was looking at the wall, rather than at the handsome young man who entered the room.

“Junmyeon.”

Junmyeon remained silent, even as Yi Fan cautiously approached the couch. “Junmyeon, I’m sorry,” Yi Fan whispered as he knelt in front of his boyfriend.

Junmyeon’s mouth tightened, and his hand went up to brush the tears out of his eyes. “Whatever.”

Yi Fan persisted, and placed his hands on Junmyeon’s knees so that the younger boy couldn’t get up and run away. “Junmyeon, I’m sorry. I should’ve told you what was on my mind. I’ll try and be more open with you, I promise.”

Junmyeon’s gaze reluctantly moved so that he was looking straight into Yi Fan’s eyes. “Promise?”

“Promise,” Yi Fan said firmly. “I’ll never leave you in the dark like that again.”

And for Junmyeon, that was good enough. Before he could overthink things, he leaned forward and pressed his lips to Yi Fan’s.

“I’m sorry,” Yi Fan murmured against his lips when they broke away. “I’m trying really hard to change, but sometimes I just—I just can’t, and I’m afraid that you’ll leave me because—”

Junmyeon cut him off with another kiss. “I know,” he said quietly. “I know.”

Sometimes, it was nice to know that he wasn’t alone in not knowing where and how to go there next.

a/n: Yeah, I wasn't really happy with the title. But anyways, I hope that you guys enjoyed this chapter, and thank you to all of the lovely comments with your support for the story and your favorite bubble tea flavors!