Chapter 9.

Love Story of An Ugly Girl.
They continued to study as a trio. However, Hana was completely oblivious to the heavy tension that lay between Aecha and Chanyeol.

Chanyeol felt guilty as he had unintentionally ignored Aecha during their study sessions. Aecha herself was still pissed off and sad about how Chanyeol had treated her. It was as if she was only a speck of dust to him.

Normally, she wouldn’t really care if guys surrounding Hana had ignored her. But with Chanyeol, she didn’t like it, she hated it, because she liked him, she wanted him to pay attention to her. As selfish as it might sound, it's what she wanted.

When Hana left, Chanyeol decided he would stay behind to apologize. Aecha actually was a nice girl, she didn’t deserve to be treated the way she did. He was at fault, he should make it up to her somehow.

 

Since Aecha saw Chanyeol still lingering around and hasn’t left yet, she asked,

“Well, did you forget something? I’ll find it for you, it’s my house after all.”

Actually, Aecha really hoped that Chanyeol stayed behind to say something about earlier. She just mocked him to let out some anger she was feeling.

“Ah yes, I do forget something.”

Aecha's face fell, so Chanyeol just forgot his thing? Seem like Chanyeol was not better than all the guys she knew in the past. Her eyes casted down a little, her voice just above a whisper,

“What is it?”

“I forgot to apologize”, looking at her straight in the eyes, he continued, "about earlier. Truthfully, I didn’t intend to ignore you. I guess, I just got carried away when I was with Hana. She was a very sweet girl. I like her very much, I guess you noticed already.”

Smiling bitterly, Aecha nodded her head. She got it that he liked Hana, a little too much.

“Yeah, I’ve noticed. Just don’t ignore me all the time. It’s not a nice feeling to be left out.”

Especially by the one you like, Aecha added to herself sadly.

“Of course not. I’ll behave next time. You still have so much power over me, my one and only ally. My love life depends on you, right?”

Chanyeol beamed brightly at Aecha, copying her words.

 

Aecha couldn’t help but smile, Chanyeol was nice when he wanted to. He was just irresistible with his smile, the one that made her fall for him on her first day of high school, and she was still weak to it.

“All right then. You should go home, it’s …” glancing at her clock, she continued, “7:20 pm now. Quite late already.”

 

Just then, Kris appeared at the doorsteps. He spotted Chanyeol immediately and said out loud,

”Yo man, you should eat dinner here and join me teasing ugly duck later. You don’t know, but it’s so much fun.”

 

Chanyeol also wanted to stay, to make up for the time he had ignored Aecha, he thought he should talk to her more. So he asked hesitantly,

”Will her parents mind though?”

 

Kris smirked, he was so smart, his plan went so smoothly. He wanted to invite Chanyeol over for him and Aecha to have more time together. He would eat dinner, locked them in Aecha's room and excused himself in the living room. Mrs. Park liked Chanyeol very much so it wouldn’t be a problem. Shouting to the kitchen, Kris asked in a sing song voice,

“Auntie, would you mind if Chanyeol stays over to eat dinner?”

“Really? Not at all. Invite him for me.”

Kris chuckled, winked at Aecha and said,

“So it’s settled then.”

 

Aecha just stood there, watched things unraveled. It was like this house was Kris's, not Aecha's. He acted like it was his. But she wasn’t against it that time. Even with Kris disrupting them, she would still have more time with Chanyeol.

And Aecha liked it very much.

 

Little did she know, she and Chanyeol would spend a night all by themselves, talking.