Chapter 15.

Love Story of An Ugly Girl.

Friday’s afternoon, Aecha met up with Hana to go shopping with her. Aecha wondered what Hana wanted to buy. Really, that girl hardly went shopping for anything.

Hardly had Aecha known that they went to buy her birthday present. Hana had asked Aecha what she wanted to have and was surprised to find the answer was a make-up kit. Aecha was never into these things. But Hana didn’t ask further and kept it in mind, and today, she would buy Aecha what Aecha wanted. As they went together, Aecha couldn’t help the stupid smile plastering on her face.

Hana noticed it immediately,

“Something good happened, right? Tell me, tell me,” Hana nudged Aecha with each ‘tell me’ being said.

“Ah, yeah. You know my plan for this morning that I told you yesterday?”

Aecha turned to Hana, smiling slightly. Hana nodded for Aecha to continue. 

“Well, I and Chanyeol went to the amusement park. We had so much fun.” Aecha giggled as she finished, she was definitely a girl in love.

Hana frowned and said distractedly,

“So that’s where he wanted to invite me to go?”

“Huh?” 

Hana's statement got Aecha's attention, she was confused by it.

“Ah, two days ago, Chanyeol asked me to hang out with him but I have plan,” Hana answered nonchalantly, didn’t really seem interested.

Aecha's mood fell a little. So he only turned to hang out with her when Hana rejected him? Not that he wanted to go with her in the first place. Whatever, at least he turned to her. With that thought in mind, Aecha grabbed Hana's arm and they resumed shopping.

After the afternoon, the two girls had fun together and Hana got Aecha a gift. Returning her house, Aecha crashed on her bed.

What a tiring but interesting day she had!

As she saw the angry bird stuff at the foot of her bed, Aecha smiled happily. As much as Aecha “hated” Kris, she couldn’t help but adored the animal stuff. After all, it’s the first gift Chanyeol had for her. Hugging the bird to herself, Aecha let sleep take over her body.

===

After two precious days off, school resumed with a biology exam await for Aecha's class. So Aecha went to the library to prepare a bit. She’s not bad at school if she wanted to study. Actually, Aecha learned faster than Hana but she wasn’t as determining as the said girl.

Finishing her study in the morning to prepare for the exam in the afternoon, Aecha exited the library and found herself being dragged somewhere by Chanyeol. He seemed to be in a hurry.

“Slow down Chanyeol! What is bugging you?”

Not answering her, Chanyeol continued to take her somewhere. At some point, he finally stopped, out of breath, and asked anxiously,

“You know where Hana is, right?”

“Yeah, w-with Myungsoo. S-so what’s the problem?”, Aecha also caught her breath after being dragged all the way there.

”Exactly. Are they dating?”

Aecha rolled her eyes,

“No they aren’t, stop being delusional. She just wants him to assist her with biology. The exam is dued this afternoon, remember?”

“What if they have something more?”, Chanyeol was insistent.

“How could I know? But don’t worry, Hana won’t date just yet.”

“No, I’m still worry. You go spying on them with me, please.”

Chanyeol learned from the past and pleading rather than asking. Aecha was weak with his pleading and aegyo, he knew it and took full advantage of it.

Aecha sighed, she knew it too but she just couldn’t reject him. After a while of pitying her own weak self against Chanyeol, Aecha agreed and they went spying on Hana with Myungsoo.

===

 

After looking for a while, the two spotted Hana and Myungsoo on a bench under the tree, they were reviewing something. Chanyeol looked at them and stated,

“You see, the scene is so romantic, so suitable for a date.”

Aecha rolled her eyes. Why was it that she felt that Chanyeol was excited about these spying things, rather than being jealous about Hana being with another guy.

They were currently bending under view in the school’s corridor near where Hana was. From there, they couldn’t hear what the other two said, so it’s pointless to spy from here. But Chanyeol insisted on staying, so Aecha decided they would move.

With Aecha first, they tiptoed nearer to where Hana was and tried not to be seen from above the rail of the corridor. As Aecha was going toward her aim, Chanyeol poked her from behind. He grinned widely when she looked back,

“We are like two cats stealing food.”

See, he was excited, not jealous. Aecha narrowed her eyes at him, asking him to be serious and turned her head back, smiling lightly to herself.

She liked childish Chanyeol.

 

When they were near hearing area, Aecha suddenly shrieked, jumping on Chanyeol's back,

“CHANYEOL!!!! It, it, it….”

Aecha clutched his neck tightly, suffocated him.

Sensing her panic, Chanyeol also hyped up, forgetting the nearby couple and asked loudly,

“What’s it? Where?”

“This cockroach, see it there. See it? See? You are a cat, right? You catch it!”, Aecha was still clinging to Chanyeol's back, pointed shakily to the insect, which was crawling on the ground in front of them.

Cockroach was one of her worst fears.

Chanyeol scrunched his nose, and kicked the insect away.

Why so panic? It’s just a small thing.

“There, done! Nothing to hyped up about.”

Aecha heaved out a sigh of relief, patting his shoulder and grinned,

“Such a good cat!”

Just then, Hana and Myungsoo looked down at the two weirdly, all crouched down in the hallway, Aecha on Chanyeol back.

“Aecha, what are you two doing here? And what’s with the shriek just now? Did something happen?”, Hana's voice startled both Aecha and Chanyeol.

Immediately, Aecha jumped off his back, straightening her clothes.

Aecha and Chanyeol stood up straight, laughing awkwardly at the other couple,

“Haha, nothing much, just messing around. We gotta go,” and they signaled each other to get going.

 

They walked away together briskly. So embarrassing, and they got nothing from the spy, all because of this small animal called cockroach.

The poster goes to Kkberry.