Chapter 14.

Love Story of An Ugly Girl.

Friday, Aecha woke up early to prepare for their first date. Well, at least to Aecha, it’s a date.

After choosing a flowery summer dress, Aecha looked at herself in the mirror. If we didn’t look at her face then we would say she were a pretty girl. Thanks to the gym classes Aecha took, her body was well shaped. She was quite tall actually.

But then again, most guys cared about faces. Aecha looked at her face depressedly. Her cheeks were so full, when she was small, Aecha got compliments because of them. Not now, though. Her jaw was full too. They combined together and made her face look so big. She also had snub-nosed, which made her even uglier. And don’t start to talk about her eyes.

Of all the traits on her face, Aecha was content with her hair the most. It’s actually quite soft and smooth, if we winded our hand through it, it felt silky, a nice feeling.

 

Patting her chubby cheeks, Aecha smiled brightly, vanished her sour thoughts and encouraged herself,

“Let’s enjoy this day with Chanyeol. Fighting!!”

Just then, the bell rang informed her of Chanyeol waiting at her door. Aecha skipped happily to it and found an excited Chanyeol waiting for her.

“Ready to go?”, He beamed at her, his excitement showing.

“Yeah, let’s go,” Aecha smiled back and jumped to land beside him.

Together, they went to the bus stop near her house.

 

They got on a bus, which was full of teenagers. Well, it’s a day off for all the schools. Students also went to the amusement park.

The girls looked at Chanyeol in awe, then they looked at Aecha in disgust, some in jealousy though. Aecha ignored them and Chanyeol didn’t seem to mind either. The pair chatted happily, thinking of where to go and play.

 

They got off at the gate , Chanyeol grabbed Aecha's left wrist and ran, basically dragging her off to somewhere. Aecha had to sped up to keep up with his long legs.

 

Oh it’s an ice cream stand. Aecha nodded to herself when they stopped at their destination.

Chanyeol said excitedly, looking at Aecha in the eyes,

“This stand sells ice-cream that is so, so good. You’ll love it. I haven’t eaten here for so long and I miss it to death.”

“Really? Buy me one then,” she grinned back at him, feeling his excitement.

Chanyeol bought three cones, which made Aecha looked at him weirdly.

“What?” He asked and took the first .

“Why did you buy three? Is there anyone else?” Aecha asked, a bit bewildered. She wanted alone time with Chanyeol. She had looked forward to it so much.

He couldn't invite someone else, could he?

“No, I’ll eat two of them. Like I said, they are very good,” Chanyeol explained with a mouthful of ice-cream.

Aecha slowly heaved out a sigh of relief, not wanting to make it obvious that she was worrying.

Handing her one, Chanyeol ate his and they exploded the park together, earning glances here and there.

Maybe it’s because of the odd way Chanyeol ate or the weird couple theirselves that people were staring. Either way, they didn’t care, only themselves mattered.

 

After half an hour of playing here and there, they stopped at a shooting booth. Who shoots well and gets high score would get an animal stuffed toy.

This time, it was Aecha who dragged Chanyeol in and forced him to play.

“Shoot and earn me a stuffed toy,” Aecha stated with much authority in her voice.

“But I’m not good at these things,” Chanyeol shook his head and backed away from the fake gun.

“Try, please. I’ll take it as payment for all the things I’ve helped you with.”

Thinking about her words, Chanyeol played reluctantly but he got excited after a few tries. Too bad, he was really not good in these things. After 5-6 tries, he gave up and sulked.

“Arghhhh, I can’t. Why is it so hard?”, Chanyeol exclaimed.

“Oh come on, man up and try some more. You are improving," Aecha rolled her eyes but used a encouraging voice to coax him.

“No, don’t sweet talking me. I can’t,” Chanyeol threw his hands in the air dramatically.

The booth’s owner, whose name tag said Kzl, watched the two interacting. She chuckled lightly and decided to help Aecha.

“Yeah, she is right. You did improve. I’ve watched so many people play, I know,”

Chanyeol turned to her, asked suspiciously,

“Really?”

“Really. Just try 3 or 4 times more. I’m sure you’ll succeed. Besides, your girlfriend is pleading,” Kzl smiled reassuringly at him and gestured him to look at Aecha.

Turning to Aecha, Chanyeol saw that she was indeed using puppy eyes with him. Her eyes are small and it didn’t really suit her face but it’s still puppy eyes. And his heart sped up at the sight.

Oh, he would try for her.

Aecha jerked her head from the pleading pose and looked at Kzl by the girlfriend part, ready to explain that they weren't a couple. But Chanyeol didn’t seem to mind the misunderstanding though, because he then said,

“Ok then. I’ll only try 3 times more and that’s it.”

As Chanyeol played, Aecha skipped to stand beside Kzl. She was a young girl but she didn’t show any attitude to the pair like the girls in the bus did. Aecha was very grateful for it, and for her help earlier either; so she leaned in and whispered in Kzl’s ear,

“Thank you, for earlier."

Kzl turned to smile at Aecha.

“You are welcome.”

They then heard a scream.

“OMG! I DID IT.”

“Really? Chanyeol, you are awesome!!! Now let me choose a toy,” Aecha jumped up and clasped her hands together.

“No, you stand there with her, I’ll choose.” Chanyeol pointed to Kzl and ordered. 

Aecha was ready to talk back to Chanyeol, but she stopped. Actually, Aecha had thing to say to Kzl, so she stayed and didn’t argue with Chanyeol’s arrangement.

“Well, truthfully, I’m not his girlfriend,” smiled sheepishly at Kzl, Aecha explained and blushed.

“Really? But he seems so happy around you. You two interact like a real couple though,” the latter girl cocked her head to the side and stated.

“Do we?” Aecha asked, surprised.

Before Kzl could explain any further, Chanyeol returned with a stuffed toy in his hands, smirking at Aecha.

“Really, Chanyeol? You decide to choose me it out of all these toys? Like I haven’t looked at his face enough, you have to give me this one.” Aecha groaned, looking at the Angry bird in mock disgust.

“Well, I know you’ll hate it, so I choose it,” said Chanyeol as he winked at her.

“Can I get another one?”

“No you can’t, let’s go.”

With that, Chanyeol shooed Aecha out of the booth. Waving at Kzl and mouthing a good bye, out the door, they went.

It’s nearly noon so they ate lunch at a restaurant and went home. The morning ended at a high note and they both enjoyed it so much.

 

Calling for Kzl, my lovely reader. Hope I don't disappoint you ^^. Enjoy ^^.