Chapter 11.

Love Story of An Ugly Girl.
It had been three months since they met. Study dates happened regularly but it was just about study. Sometimes, with Kris, Aecha also hung out with Exo. It was good that way.

Not that Aecha had anything to complain about, she just needed to be near Chanyeol. For her, it was enough. Under usual circumstances, a girl like her would never have a chance to be with a bunch of flower boys. 

Well, Chanyeol had something to complain about though, that was the reason of him whining to Aecha as they “discussed” what Chanyeol should do to make some more progress with Hana.

“Aechaaa~~, it has been three months and I haven’t had any alone time with Hana yet. Study dates won’t satisfy me.” Chanyeol brought his visage close to hers and pouted. But to his dismay, Aecha paid the childish boy no mind.

“Too bad, you've got to it up.” Aecha shrugged and diverted her gaze to her phone. Aecha was used to his many complaints about this and that. Well, she helped him all she could though; it’s just Hana didn’t want any flings yet, and Aecha respected her friend's decision.

“But you are my ally and her best friend, do something already”, Chanyeol ordered petulantly, like the spoiled brat he was. Aecha did spoil him to some extent, so it was expected.

“I told you three months ago it would take time, didn’t I? And you said that it was ok!” Aecha said, a hint of irratation apparent in her voice. The pair had already held this conversation, for how many times?

“But that was the me from three months ago, I'm different now. You have to help me, you agreed.”

Wow, new answer! Normally, when Aecha said that, he would shut up and sulk. However, this time around, she was greeted with a new reply from him. Aecha looked up from the device in her hands finally and said firmly, willing him to let it go,

“Why don’t you find the me from three months ago then? I’m kinda tired of your whining here already.”

Chanyeol glared at her, but made no move to come up with a smart come back of any sorts.

That did Aecha the favor of shutting Chanyeol up. He looked away from the female and sulked as expected. Aecha continued to surf a website, and she attempted to ignore the tall boy next to her. But the awkward silence bugged her, and Chanyeol was facing away from her. Aecha didn't like it, Chanyeol turning his back on her.

Aecha rolled her eyes, he was so childish. Softening her voice, Aecha soothed him, 

“You see, a really pretty girl like Hana, has tons of guys hitting on her already. If she weren’t that hard to get, would you be here courting her or she would be with someone already? Like I said, be patient. I told you that she wouldn’t think about these lovey-dovey things until after graduation. Just be content with being friends with her for now."

Seeing as Chanyeol didn't bug, Aecha didn't say anything more. She looked into distance and mumbled, "Is it good enough being near the one you like?”, she voiced out her thought unconsciously.

Looking at her finally, Chanyeol was appeased a bit.

The brunette muttered, “Ok, you're are right. But try to help me, alright?”    

Aecha smiled, the made up finally, it felt better than to have a silent treatment.

With that, they talked for a bit then separated their ways, going to each one’s home.

On the way to her home, Aecha stopped by a cosmetics shop.

She had tan skin, not too bad though. If she cared about it well enough, it’ll be good for sure. Since she met Chanyeol, Aecha had been trying to care about her body more.

Because she was not used to taking care of her “beauty”, she found it a little hard to start a new now. Her skin was the easy part to fixed. It’s her facial problems that caused her to be the “ugly duck”. The young adolescent thought to herself with a sigh.

Well, she would work on what she could for now. That, she would worry about later.

With those thoughts lingering in her mind, Aecha strolled in the shop.