Chapter 21.

Love Story of An Ugly Girl.

“Hey, girl! Go on the ferris wheel with me and Chanyeol!” Aecha beamed at Hana, walking over to where she was standing.

“Sure! But, what about the other guys?” Hana smiled back, agreed. She had always wanted to look at Seoul from a high place, the ferris wheel was a perfect choice.

”They would go and play what they want. We enjoy ourselves.”

“I see. Chanyeol, let’s go,” called Hana, catching Chanyeol's attention immediately.

Chanyeol smiled brightly, having Hana calling out for him. All the effort of persuading Aecha just now was paid off. Now, he could enjoy the fruit of his plan.

“Yup!”

With that said, Chanyeol bounced to the two girls' side, and together, they went to buy the tickets.

 

Once stepped inside the cabin, Aecha tensed a bit, but she played it cool and pretended to be alright. The two girls settled on the benches located on two sides of the cabin. Of course, Chanyeol sat beside Hana.

Hana seemed very excited about the ride; for once, she acted like the teenage girl that she was, chatting happily with Chanyeol. Chanyeol was talking with Hana about something, but Aecha couldn’t really pay attention. She was busy with listening to any announcement of the doors closing, she'd get off as soon as they announced it.

Once the staff announced that they would close the doors in a minute and reminded the customers to settle in, Aecha stood up quickly.

“Oops, I forget to bring my phone that I handed Kris earlier. You guys wait here, I’ll be back soon.”

Just as Aecha started to run off, Hana grabbed her left arm and looked at her earnestly,

“Don’t get off now. They’ll close the doors soon.”

“I’ll be quick.”

Aecha smiled reassuringly at Hana, tugging her arm a little, hoping that Hana would let it go; only to have Hana tighten her grip.

“It’s just a 15-minute ride, you can get it back later.”

“But, I really need it.”

Aecha retreated her arm again, but it was to no avail. Panic rose in her as time passed. She had to get off, now!

“Don’t go!”

Hana narrowed her eyebrows, shaking her head to show that she knew Aecha’s plan and, she didn’t want to be left alone with Chanyeol. She didn’t want that, because she had personal reasons.

But, it was not about Chanyeol's plan anymore, Aecha really needed to get off. The cabin shook a little and Aecha felt herself shaking in fear along with it.

The black haired girl turned her head to the doors when she heard closing sound. Her eyes widened at what she was seeing,

“Hey, WAIT!” she shouted.

But, it’s all too late, the doors were already closing in, and the cabin shook harder, started to go up. Hana smiled a little, succeeded in keeping  Aecha with her, the girl assured,

“Don’t worry, you’ll see Kris after about 15 minutes. Then, you can have your phone back.”

Smiling reassuringly at Aecha, Hana released her grip on Aecha's arm and pushed the girl to sit back on her seat. Then, she turned her back to Aecha and admired the views, not caring about Aecha anymore. Hana thought Aecha panicked just now solely because of her cell phone. 

Oh, if only she knew what Aecha was scared of.

Chanyeol just sat there, watching his friends pulling back and forth, he was not be able to do anything. He was on Aecha's side, hell, he did. It was his perfect plan for her to get off in time. But, things just happened too fast, about one minute or so, and he didn't reactfast enough. He watched Aecha returning to her seat, feeling a bit guilty. It was his fault that Aecha was put into this situation. He only hoped her fear wasn't extreme.

Aecha sat there immobile, gazing into space, chanting in her head to not look down. She mustn't look down, mustn't look down or, she would lose it. Her hands entwined tightly on her laps that her knuckles turned white. She was trying her best to keep her cool, so she wouldn't freak out and make a fuss in the cabin.

Though she looked like she just sat there doing nothing; Chanyeol knew better than that. He had been observing her since they moved. And, his guilt was eating him inside as Aecha's face turned white. But, the most prominent feeling in him was worry. From where he sat which was beside Hana, Chanyeol contemplated whether or not to go to Aecha. Five minutes passed with him commenting distractedly on some sights that Hana liked, Chanyeol kept glancing at Aecha every now and then. Worriness was eating him inside. Finally, he couldn’t take it anymore, Chanyeol left Hana's side and went to sit by Aecha.

“Hey, are you ok?”

He began gently so as not to startle Aecha.

Aecha blinked out of her daze, turning slowly to look at Chanyeol, she muttered,

“Yeah, I'm alright. N-Not really, though.”

Grabbing her left hand in his, Chanyeol rubbed his thumb on the back of her hand comfortingly.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t expect my plane to turn out like that. Just bear with it a little more.”

“Um, yeah.” Aecha smiled weakly at Chanyeol.

Aecha loosened up a bit with Chanyeol by her side. It's the effect he had on her. But still, she was stiffen in her seat, waiting for the ride to end already.

Chanyeol's hand still held onto Aecha's tightly, his thumb rubbing her skin soothingly. However, Chanyeol wanted to do something more to distract Aecha.

After hesitating for a while, Chanyeol slowly draped his arm over Aecha’s shoulder and pulled her head on his shoulder, patting it lightly, he cooed,

“It’s ok. I’m here.”

Despite her state, Aecha found herself blushing hard. It was good enough to have him holding her hand, but she was now in heaven. She snuggled to his side, taking advantage of the event; her inside warmed up all over. It’s her once in a life time chance to be in this situation. Maybe, the ferris wheel was not that bad after all. It wasn't as scary if Chanyeol was near her like that. 

Aecha smiled sheepishly to herself and savored the feeling of being in his arm. A question wandered in the back of her mind.

Would she ever have the chance to be with him like that again?

 

This ride was for Chanyeol to spend some time with Hana, not with Aecha. But, Chanyeol didn’t know why he liked it, a little too much for his liking. He didn't mind it at that moment.

Tightening his arm on her, he and Aecha sat there together. Hana was forgotten, again.