Chapter 4.

Love Story of An Ugly Girl.

That day, Hana decided she would study at the school’s library, so Aecha ended up walking home with Kris. He seemed curious about Aecha and Chanyeol’s deal so Aecha did Kris a favor and said,

“Just ask away.”

Kris was momentarily surprised, but he recovered fast enough and asked,

“What?”

“You were behind Chanyeol’s actions, weren’t you?”

Aecha had seen them sneak out together yesterday, so she was suspicious. Kris's reaction had confirmed it for her.

“Yes. I-I mean no, I was not.”

Kris smiled at Aecha, hoping he could fool her.

Yeah right, you were. Aecha scoffed in her mind. But she kept it to herself and said,

“Yeah, like I don’t know you already.”

Aecha smirked at him and Kris knew he lost the bet.

“Ok ok, I was. So why did you still agree with him? You like him, right?”

Kris gave in just so Aecha would tell him.

“Yes. Because he is tall and handsome, but unlike you, a tall, arrogant jerk.”

Aecha smirked, mocking Kris is fun.

“An ugly duck like you don’t have the right to say something like that to me. Anyways, stop changing the subject. Tell me, do you like him? I can help.”

He offered, unfazed by Aecha's rude remark.

“No thank you, I can manage it myself. And I agreed to help him because I want to, I don't like him. End of discussion.”

“Ok, I won’t dig in further. Will you go to the gym with me later?”

Kris held up his hands, promising not to press her to tell him the truth and asked.

 

“Do I need to? I’ve haven’t been there lately, but I think I’m still fit.”

Aecha answered and looked down at her own body. She was fit; she had a nice body even.

“Yeah, I don’t think you need to but I think you should. I'm going to meet up with my new friends there, the Exo guys. Sighs, the benefit of being handsome is that our group will be surrounded by girls there. You should come and see me shine.”

 

With that being said, Kris winked at Aecha then headed to his house, leaving Aecha standing there and looked at him in disgust. Could that guy be anymore arrogant? Shaking her head, Aecha contemplated the options of going or not.

 

Aecha had been going to the gym since she was 12. Because she isn’t pretty, she thought that at least being fit would do her good. When she walked through the streets, she would be more confident. And it surely did that for her. But lately, preparing for high school took a lot of her time so she stopped going. Maybe it’s time for her to keep track with her gym class. And she could meet Chanyeol there too, double shots. She walked back home deciding that she would go.

 

While she was walking home, Aecha thought that she would learn how to use make-up. She was never really into these things. But with Chanyeol's presence, trying to be pretty has never felt so good to Aecha. Kris was the king of fashion, so maybe he could do something useful and help her. With a determined spirit, Aecha went home and started her plan of attempting to get Chanyeol's heart.

 

After texting Kris, Aecha chose a nice outfit that flattered her nice body, styled her hair a little and applied some lip gloss. Well, not much because see was new to those things. She hasn’t been into any guy, and hasn’t dressed up for any either. Aecha only hoped that she didn’t look too bad.

 

At 5 pm, Kris was at the door steps, waiting for her. Aecha opened the door and saw a shocked Kris looking at her.

“How do I look?”

Smiling brightly, Aecha looked at him expectantly.

“Woah woah, look at you. Trying to impress someone?” He didn’t let Aecha answer and continued, “Too bad, you are still the ugly duck I know. Try harder next time.”

Shrugging his shoulders, Kris fixed his shocked face back to normal, turned his back to her and walked ahead, leading the way to the gym.

Aecha glared at his back. So much of a cousin he was. Walking briskly up to him, she stomped on his left foot hard then dashed, leaving behind a crying Kris.

 

They talked loudly along the way, bickering as usual. While dealing with Kris, Aecha noticed her heart racing as they neared the gym. So this is  what it felt like to have a crush on someone.

 

It’s such a new and nice feeling to Aecha.