Chapter 26.

Love Story of An Ugly Girl.

It had been two weeks since the time Chanyeol last visited Aecha. He had done according to his plan, trying to forget about her for the time being and focused on Hana instead.

 

Since Aecha was still at home and rested all day for the recovery to happen faster; Chanyeol and Hana had studied together twice, just the two of them. Chanyeol was contented with being with Hana alone like he had always dreamed, but a part in him felt empty and Chanyeol didn't know why. Hana was charming, nice and Chanyeol could never get bored of looking at her face when she didn’t notice. But, the girl was also boring to hang out with; clearly Hana wasn't the giddy type. Once she got into study, that was it; all she thought of was numbers, formulae, etc. Sometimes, Chanyeol really wanted to play a little to let out some stress, but his wish wasn't granted. Aecha wasn’t like that, Aecha was funnier to play with. And, she agreed to whatever Chanyeol wanted to do.

Come to think of Aecha, Chanyeol hadn’t met her for two weeks already. As he said, they would meet again after summer, but he missed her very much. He wanted to see her, to talk to her. What was holding him back? Oh yeah, his stupid plan! 

Maybe, he would just visit her for a while. Only a little while wouldn't affect anything, right? It wouldn't make them any closer if they met just once more. Nodding at his own resolve, Chanyeol had made up his mind. He walked to her house, which was about ten-minute walking distance, feeling a bit happy to be meeting her soon. Along the way to her house, he wondered how much Aecha had healed. Could she talk now? Or, would she still need her phone to text him? Would she miss him like he missed her? Chanyeol really hoped Aecha would also miss him like he did, because it would just be unfair otherwise.

 

Ringing her doorbell, Chanyeol got Mrs. Park to open the doors for him,

“Chanyeol, what a surprise to see you here! I’ve not seen you lately. Did you and Aecha argue about something?"

Chanyeol bit his lower lip in thought, he hadn’t expected her mother to notice the distance he put between the two of them. Adults usually don't pay attention to those things. Perhaps, her parents were just caring. Smiling at her, Chanyeol used his cuteness to distract the woman and replied sheepishly,

“I was just busy, I guess. I got many plans for the summer. But, I'm here to visit Aecha now. Can I see her?”

The mid-age woman smiled, she liked it when Aecha had a friend that cared for her. And, she could tell that Chanyeol cared for Aecha.

“Of course. You know, you are the only guy to visit Aecha at home. Her classmates mostly went to visit her at the hospital only. And, not many of them visited her. You are such a gentleman. Do you have desire to be my son-in-law? I’ll let her be in your caring hands.”

Aecha's mom smiled playfully, teasing the guy. Well, not really teasing him; she really hoped Aecha could find her such a nice son-in-law. But, she couldn't get her hope up high, she'd just tease Chanyeol for now.

Chanyeol smiled back at her, he liked the woman, she was nice. And, he liked her joke too, he would be glad to play along.

“Aww, really? It's such a honor that I’d love to take. But, I’m a bad guy. Can you trust me still?”

“Oh, I don’t know that you are a bad guy. But, I can bear with it. By the way, Aecha is in the garden.”

She smiled sweetly at him, seemingly unaffected by the ‘bad guy’ threat that Chanyeol just said.

“Ok then. I'm your son-in-law, you agree! I'd go to my WIFEY!!”

 

 Chanyeol grinned widely at her one last time, he then ran to the garden, shouting the last part intentionally for both Aecha and her mom to hear. He left the woman behind laughing happily.

“Aecha wifey! Are you happy your hubby visits you?” Chanyeol grinned teasingly at the confusing Aecha as he got nearer to her.

She was sitting on a chair in the garden, seemingly enjoying the peaceful atmosphere until Chanyeol ran in and started talking nonsense.

Narrowing her eyes, Aecha asked him in her broken voice, still affected by the surgery,

“W-whose wife? What are you talking about here?”

“Aecha honey, are you ok? Your voice sounds weird.”

Chanyeol kneeled in front of Aecha's chair, on the grass so that he was at her eyes’ level, his hands were on two armrests of her chair. He asked her sweetly with the tone a caring husband would use, looking at her attentively. His tone was too sweet that Aecha knew something was fishy and he was acting.

“Chanyeol!!” Aecha admonished, glaring at him, she wanted to know what was he up to.

“Baby, are you mad at me? I’m just worried.” Chanyeol tried hard to contain his smile as he saw that Aecha was slowly getting mad.

It's fun to and keep her in the dark, without knowing why he was acting weird.

 

Seeing his upper lift in a restrained smiled, Aecha growled in her broken voice, wanting to make Chanyeol scared. But, her voice broke so it sounded funny instead of scary,

“Chanyeol-l! That’s not fun. Tell me what is happening-g.”

Chanyeol nearly fell over the ground in laughter, just then Aecha's mom appeared with a dish full of cookies to treat them,

“Hey son! Enjoy the cookies and play with Aecha. Don’t let her eat though, she can’t eat yet.”

She strolled over to kiss Aecha's cheek, pushing aside Chanyeol, who was rolling on the grass and laughing at Aecha's frustrated face.

“Mom-m", Aecha raised her voice, but she stopped because the corner of her lip hurt, "not you, too. What are you two up to? Tell me what is happening?”

“Oh! Why don’t you ask your hubby?” Winking at Chanyeol, Mrs. Park left the two and returned to her kitchen. She was playing along with Chanyeol. And, it felt good to daughter.

“Well, will you tell me or not?” Aecha glared at Chanyeol, who was still trying and failing to contain his laughter.

“No, baby! It’s our little secret, I won't tell you.” Chanyeol sat up and scooted closer to Aecha.

“You guys don’t play fair!!” Aecha exclaimed, frustrated.

“Too bad, we don’t.” He was smiling at her.

===

Like that, Chanyeol played with Aecha all the afternoon, helping the girl kill her free time. And, at the end of the day, Aecha still couldn't get the truth out of her mom or Chanyeol. She still didn't know why she was suddenly called 'wifey' by Chanyeol.