Chapter 49.

Love Story of An Ugly Girl.

Chanyeol was very excited about his new life in New York. Not because he was admitted into a good university there, but because he couldn’t wait to look for Aecha there.

He was also nervous to meet her, not knowing what to tell her if they met. And he wondered how she would look after two years.

With burning enthusiasm, Chanyeol went to New York.

===

It had been two months since Chanyeol settled down in the busy city. The environment didn’t make things difficult for him to adjust with a new life here. Well, Aecha did though. The girl made it impossible for Chanyeol to find her. With so much effort, Chanyeol could finally get some information from a guy in his school.

That guy said he had meet a girl named Aecha in a group date with his friends, but when he asked for her number, or her address, he got neither of these things. Even when Chanyeol begged his friend to ask people more about her in hope of finding some information, he got nothing either.

So Chanyeol didn’t know anything new from that guy, but his anxiety had increased tenfold. The guy said Aecha had gone to a group date. So, so…that meant she was finding someone to date? Chanyeol’s head was in a whirl wheel with that thought.

Had she forgotten about him? Didn’t she love him anymore?

Those thoughts gave Chanyeol all the more reasons to find her.

But he still couldn’t do it in one year, Chanyeol returned to Korean after a year with daunting heart.

===

Three months after Aecha graduated from the university in New York and she was still looking for a job, a decent job to be exact. She was hired here and there to be a temporary employee, but that kind of job wasn’t what she wanted.

She had thought that studying abroad would give her more work opportunities to work in international companies. But seems like it was not the case.

The employers needed something more than just a degree and qualifications, something like appearance.

 Aecha sighed inwardly to herself. It once more time pointed back to her weakness, and she didn’t know what to do about it. She had thought of taking plastic surgery some times, but she dismissed the thought after thinking about it thoroughly. Aecha still didn’t have enough courage and reasons to do it.

After years of studying abroad, Aecha had taken care of her body and she didn’t look as bad as before. But some permanent traits on her face were still there and they couldn’t be any better even if Aecha tried to do anything about them.

===

Inhaling a deep breath to calm herself down, holding the job application in her hands, Aecha stepped in the interview room.

There were four people who would interview her today, one of them she couldn’t see the face though. His tag name said he was a manager in the company.

That guy sat opposite to Aecha, his face was hidden behind a newspaper. Aecha craned her neck to get a view of his face but it was no use. She was curious, but Aecha had more things to worry about at that moment.

She then shrugged and settled on her chair, waiting for her interviewers to ask her questions.

It had been her fifth time going to an interview so she was quite familiar with all the settings; she had experiences. Answering the questions smoothly, she got nods from the interviewers. And it made Aecha feel a lot calmer.

There was one weird thing about this interview though. The guy in front of her hadn’t asked her any question since she set foot in the room. It was not that she minded him, but she was curious about him. What was he supposed to do in this interview?

When the interview had come to an end, Aecha was nearly dismissed when the guy suddenly spoke up. His voice was somewhat muffled but familiar to Aecha.

 “You write in your resume that you have studied abroad for three years?”

Aecha was surprised at his sudden question, but she replied calmly.

 “Yes, I have.”

A moment of silence passed then he asked, “Did you have a boyfriend when you lived there? Or do you have a boyfriend now?”

Appalled by his personal question, Aecha glanced at the other people in the room to see their reactions. One of the interviewers was hiding his smile. The other two were just as confused as Aecha, looking between her and the one facing her in question. She wondered what all this was about. But Aecha didn't have to think much before the guy continued with his acquisition.

"So tell me, while you were living over there did you kiss anyone?"

 

Aecha's mouth dropped opened at his words. He just did not ask that! 

 

She looked at the other ones in the room again. All of them were blushing like highschool girls, appearing to be as embarrassed as her at this question. Aecha mumbled nonsense to herself, wanting to avoid answering it and surely, he'd forget it and get on with his quest...

 

"Well?" His voice rang clear in the soundproof room.

 

No luck waiting for him to let her off. After clearing and looked anywhere but her personal interviewer, she finally mumbled.

 

"Uh, no."

 

"Excellent!" Slapping the newspaper on the table with a loud noise, he might as well shout his announcement. "You can start working from tomorrow." And with a wicked smirk, he finished. "You will work directly under me."

 

Aecha could only gape at Chanyeol, the guy she had been avoiding for three years now.