Chapter 50.

Love Story of An Ugly Girl.

Seeing that she was able to go home, the black haired woman sauntered up to the male and asked him politely, “Can I have a word with you, sir?”

“Sure,” he said.

Chanyeol beamed at her and stood from his chair, leading the way to a secluded place. The pair sauntered off together, leaving the other interviewers confuse because they didn't know what was happening.

When they were alone, Aecha turned to him, and crossed her arms over her chest. “What was it just now?” She demanded.

Chanyeol simply shrugged. “Nothing. I interviewed you and you're qualified enough. So, you'll be working with me, Aecha.”

Aecha quirked an eyebrow at him, “Really? Can you recall what you asked me? I’m qualified that way?”

“I asked…” Chanyeol opened his mouth, ready to reply but closed it again. Well, what he asked wasn’t really appropriate for a job interview at an international company after all. The male scratched his head and smiled sheepishly at her. “Don’t worry about it. I believe that you're qualified…”

“You let me in, didn’t you? I can get a job by myself.” Aecha cut him off and stated firmly.

She turned around and was about to leave when Chanyeol grabbed her arm quickly. The skin contact shocked the female for a second before she shook his hand off.

“No, I have read your application. You are more than good enough for the position. I swear.” The male explained, desperation apparent in his voice.

 Aecha eyed him skeptically and she saw his eyes shine with sincerity.

Aecha did study hard when she was in New York, and Chanyeol didn’t understand why she was not employed in the first place. But he would surely keep her this time, he had more than enough reasons to do so.

Chewing on her lower lip, Aecha contemplated this opportunity. She didn’t want to work with him, because she knew her feelings for him weren't forgotten, they were just buried deep down somewhere in her heart. It would torture her to work with him and to see him hand in hand with Hana.

On the other hand, Aecha really wanted to have this job. Finding a job wasn’t easy.

And did Aecha really not want to work with him? Maybe that was just a lie, Aecha did want to be near him. Who was she kidding? She still loved him so.

Sensing her dilemma, Chanyeol pleaded, adding on, “Please, Aecha. You are good for the job. I want to work with you.”

Looking in his puppy eyes and Aecha couldn’t say no, she was just like the girl three years ago, being weak against him. Aecha finally nodded, giving in to him yet another time.

Chanyeol's eyes brightened up immediately when he knew her decision. He enveloped Aecha in a tight embrace and blurted, “Oh, thank you. I miss you so much.”

Aecha just stiffened in his arms. Did he just say he missed her? Her heart swelled with affection. Even when he was with Hana, he missed her. To Aecha, that was enough. Aecha slowly leaned into his chest, and she allowed her little heart to relax and feel him for a moment. Just a moment, then they would be back to the cruel reality.

Chanyeol pulled away shortly after much to Aecha's disappointment, thinking it was inappropriate of him to hug her any longer. He scratched his head and waved his hands around.

“Uh, sorry but I-I…” He started off.

Aecha interjected, “It’s ok, just don’t do it anymore. I don’t want Hana to misunderstand us.” 

Aecha cut him off. She then gathered herself together and proceeded to leave. 

“I’ll start working tomorrow then. I’ll go home now, bye.”

Chanyeol stood there, trying to digest what just happened. So Aecha still hadn’t known that he and Hana had broken up? If he wanted to have her, then he must let her know. The thought made Chanyeol run after Aecha and hold her back.

“Wait, I’ll take you home. You still live with your parents?”

Aecha stopped, looked at him and refused. “No. You don’t have to.”

Chanyeol insisted, “But I want to.”

“What if I don’t want to?” Aecha challenged.

She stood up a bit straighter and quirked an eyebrow at him.

“Don’t be stubborn, come on.” With that said, Chanyeol took her hand to lead her to his car.

“Park Chanyeol, I’m not like before anymore. Don’t think you can get anything you want from me. Let me go!”

Aecha struggled to get his hand off of hers, but he was just too strong. Chanyeol tightened his grip and hissed, “Don’t make a scene. Go with me, we have things to clear up.”

Aecha looked at people around her, some were whispering and it made Aecha lower her head in embarrassment. She didn’t put up a fight anymore but glared a hole in the back of Chanyeol’s head. Chanyeol succeeded on dragging Aecha to his car.

Once getting inside the car, they drove in silence. Just like Chanyeol guessed, Aecha didn’t live with her parents anymore. So he was grateful for his actions, because he got her address now. Chanyeol could tell Aecha was mad at him, but he still broke the ice and talked to her.

“So you sure you didn’t have any boyfriend. And none at the moment either?”

 Chanyeol just wanted to be sure. He couldn’t stand the thought of her being with someone. Now he understood what she must have felt before, when he dated Hana. He felt sorry for Aecha, and he was determined to make it up to her this time. It was, if she let him.

“None of your business.”

Aecha bit back, she didn’t like the way Chanyeol was playing with her feelings. He got Hana for himself, what else did he want from her?

Although she answered like that, Chanyeol could still see the blush adorning on her face and he got the answer he wanted. She was still there for him after all those years, he must take this chance, definitely must take it to make her his.

Chanyeol glanced at Aecha from time to time to gauge what she was thinking. She was in deep thought.

When they stopped at the red light, Chanyeol grabbed the hand on her laps and said gently.

“I’m sorry for what I did before. There is one thing you need to know. That is, I and Hana have broken up one year ago.”

Aecha whipped her head to stare at him with wide eyes.

What did he expect when he told her that? What was the hidden meaning of his words?

Aecha's eyes watered a little, butterflies swarm in her stomach. All the ugly emotions that she tried so hard to bury surfaced in just a moment.

Could she have a chance to finally love him?

The poster goes to levante