Chapter 19.

Love Story of An Ugly Girl.

When Aecha's birthday was two days away, Exo guys decided to go buy her a gift. Since they didn’t have much experience in these kind of things, all of them relied on Kris and Kai. But still, because they would gather everyone's money and buy Aecha a big gift, each one had their own idea about the gift. We are one, they always said, but when it came to discussing, there was no bromance at all, just a group of noisy kids.

After an argument, Kai had persuaded the guys to buy her a beautiful white dress that costed quite much. They intended to surprise the girl by not giving her the gift during her birthday. They'd act like they didn't prepare anything for her, only until the end of the day, one of them would drop by her house to give her the present on behalf of them all.

Kris wanted to be that special one since his home was nearby, but Chanyeol beat him to it, saying Kris would ruin her excitement. Kris and Aecha had a weird relationship. So, because he was the closest to Aecha beside Kris, Chanyeol would have the honor of doing the job.

He was so satisfied with himself for winning the chance to give Aecha her birthday gift.

 

Aecha’s birthday came, and the black haired girl's mind was filled with excitement and hope. Kris had given her a hairpin as his present. Eh, she liked it, but this present was odd, really odd and out of place.

Aecha frowned at the thought. Normally, he wouldn’t be mean in that occasion and actually gave her a proper gift. Surely, that hairpin was pretty, but it didn’t seem like a proper birthday present from her own cousin.

Aecha shook her head, whatever that guy thought, it suited him and she would never understand. Since Exo had invited her to hang out with them, they would likely have something for her, right? Aecha thought so to herself and really anticipated this afternoon, when they would go out and have some fun. Hana also agreed to tag along, it was Aecha's birthday after all, a special occasion.

Hana's gift was given with Aecha squealing in delight. She had dreamt of having the make-up kit for a while now, but it was very costly that Aecha couldn't afford. Hana was really not her bestfriend for nothing, she understood Aecha the best, she always got Aecha what the girl wished for. Aecha had used it right in the afternoon, but with all the things in the kit which she didn’t know how to use, it was quite a mess. Looking at the mess of tools on her bed, Aecha sighed. She would need a tutorial class on the internet to know how to use all these, as soon as possible.

Exo and the two girls joined a small birthday party at Aecha's house, eating the birthday cake here. Aecha's parents were very pleased that Aecha finally had some friends other than just Hana. They sang her the birthday song, playing around then set off to the amusement park. Not like how she had expected, even when they prepared to leave her house, none of them mentioned about any gift or present or whatsoever. That made her heart sink. Aecha thought sullenly, so she didn't get any presents from them? But, she cheered herself up with the thought, at least they spent the day with her. And just like that, Aecha was back to her usual cheerful self, she would try to enjoy today to the best she could.

 

The group started the fun with the roller coaster ride, but Aecha and Luhan stayed behind, saying that they didn’t like it. But truthfully, they were just scared of the height. The guys knew Luhan had this phobia, they didn't know about Aecha's fear, but they didn’t asked any further when Aecha declined to play. Well, she would keep Luhan accompanied then. 

“Why didn’t you go?”, asked Luhan as he turned to Aecha.

“I don’t like it, besides, I don’t want to let you here all by yourself,” Aecha smiled at him, she didn't want to let him know she was scared of height.

“Really? And, here I think that you’re also scared of the height,” Luhan shook his head and smiled lightly. So, he was still the only one scaring of height among his friends.

“Also? So, you have this phobia?” Aecha's eyes brightened up at the revealed news.

“Yeah, I thought you know? Kris didn't tell you?”

“No, he didn't tell me. I'm surprised. I'm also scared of height, but keep it a secret for me,” Aecha beamed at him, then she asked out of curiousity,

“What is Chanyeol scared of?”

He thought for a while, what is Chanyeol scared of? Looking at Aecha's expectant face made Luhan smirk slightly to himself, he wouldn't answer her question, instead, he asked,

“Why do you want to know about him? To get to know him better?” Luhan teased. 

He and others could see the crush that Aecha had on Chanyeol easily. He would and see if Aecha would admit this crush.

“No, just curious. You can tell or not,” Aecha replied nonchalantly, defensively, keeping an impassive face so as not to get caught.

She didn’t want others to know about it, they could suspect her crush, but Aecha wouldn't admit it. Rumors could be stirred and it was not good. Seeing how she and Chanyeol were, incompatible, they would have no chance of being together. It was good enough for them to be friends, for now.

“Ok, ok, just kidding. I’ll tell you what he is scared of,” Luhan put his palms out in surrender, seem like Aecha didn't like him teasing her.

He would answer her question then. But, he didn’t get the chance to say anything else, because the others were back. Chanyeol bounced to Aecha and beamed, seemingly feeling bad because he enjoyed the ride too much without Aecha,

“God, it was so much fun. I can’t understand why you don’t like it. Just give it a chance, you’ll love it.”

“No, I won’t. Let’s go to other place,” Aecha cut him off, not wanting to talk anymore, it could reveal her weakness.

She just shared it with Luhan because they were in the same boat. It was her secret, not even Hana or Kris knew about it.

“Why? You don’t believe me? Just try it.” Chanyeol still tried to persuade her. For him, it was really fun just then.

“I don’t believe you. Let’s go, guys. Where should we go next?” Aecha said, leading the way, praying for Chanyeol to end it already.

“Really? You don't believe me? Unbelievable!! Aecha, wait for me!” Chanyeol called out for Aecha, who was walking briskly ahead.

With that, Chanyeol was about to run after the girl, but he halted, feeling someone watching him. Turning his head, he saw Hana looking at him attentively.

Oops, Hana, he forgot about Hana. Oops, the plan, he forgot about it either.

Not good, he must deploy it now.

“WAIT!! Aecha! This way.”

Chanyeol ran ahead of Aecha, waving for the guys to follow him. Time for his small plan of being with Hana had come. He would make some moves with her today, yes, he definitely would.