Chapter 29.

Love Story of An Ugly Girl.

Second year of high school started and everyone was excited to meet their friends again. Summer holiday was fun and relaxing, but people did miss their school time and the fun they had with their classmates. School was not so bad after all. 

Aecha and Chanyeol were both nervous to meet each other again. Surely, that afternoon, they hit it off quite cool, but the kiss wasn’t nothing as they promised it to be. It had a big impact on them both, neither of them could deny it themselves.

Aecha was obvious about the effect it had on her. She would daydream now and then, recalling that moment they shared. She had suppressed it, but Aecha would still smile stupidly each time she thought of the kiss. Trying to remember the pressure of his lips on hers, or his warmth breath hitting her face, Aecha thought it was too perfect to be an accident. 

She was obvious to the point that Kris could tell something had happened when he ate breakfast together with her. He asked her, but she didn't tell anything. He wouldn’t know about it, it’s Aecha and Chanyeol's little secret. Theirs only, no one would know.

On Chanyeol's part, he couldn’t deny that he liked the kiss and he didn’t regret it one bit. Heck, if he knew that kissing someone is that great, he would have lost his first kiss ages ago. But, maybe it's because he was kissing Aecha that his kiss was so good; Chanyeol wasn't sure. However, as great as it could be, he didn’t like the thing it did to him. When he thought about what happened, the way his body and mind reacted to the accident; Chanyeol slowly realized that he actually had feelings for Aecha, more than just between friends. 

He didn’t want that! 

Hanging out with her was one thing, dating her was another. Surely, he wouldn’t mind it when people talked bad about their friendship; like Aecha used him to get to Exo, or he used her to be near Hana (which was true, actually). But, a serious relationship with Aecha? Chanyeol had never considered the possibility, and he didn’t want to.

He wasn’t arrogant like Kris but he admitted to himself that he was handsome, model like even. Even people around him told him like that. So, he and Aecha would be a mismatch. They weren't compatible with their appearances. And if he thought things seriously, it also affected his children’s gene in the future when they created a family. It's the reason why Chanyeol had set his goal of finding a perfect family; his ideal family was to be built with a girl that was pretty and had a nice personality.

He may sound like a snob, but it wasn’t wrong to seek for the best, right? Finding a girl like what he wanted was hard, but he did find her. Hana was perfect for that position. At first, he fell for her also because of her angelic beauty; and when he got to know her more, the bookworm girl was all that he could ever wish for. She was simply perfect for him, or that’s what Chanyeol thought.

Even if she didn’t show any interest on him now, he didn’t care. It was just that she didn’t want any relationship for now, not that she’d date anyone soon. He just had to wait for her to fall for him. And, he should try harder to make it happen, right? 

Aecha was also nice girl, she was very nice indeed; but he must say sorry to Aecha. He knew that she had feelings for him, though he didn’t want to be with her. Besides, he still liked Hana very much, his high school crush on the said girl was still growing. He and Aecha must remain as  friends for now.

The kiss was nothing, even if it was their first kisses. He would forget it, he surely would.

Chanyeol nodded with his final decision; clenching his fists by his sides, Chanyeol could feel his heart ache a bit.

It was alright, time passed and he would like Hana more; the unwanted feelings he had for Aecha would disappear. And, the girl would fall for him when the right time came!

Question is, would things go the way he wanted it to go?

===

Aecha walked down the hallway to find Hana. She couldn’t wait to meet the girl again. They didn’t have much time together during summer and Aecha missed her very much. She was also nervous to meet Chanyeol again. Apart from that fact, her mood today was high, Aecha liked being in school because she could meet her friends like Exo and Hana.

Being at home all day was boring; school was tiring but it also brought fun to her life . Though in school, there were some girls who occasionally made fun of her for being so ugly, Aecha didn’t really mind them. They just had no life, she shouldn’t take their words to heart. She had tried to ignore those girls, but not when they were blocking her way like that. Aecha bit her lower lip in annoyance and wait for them to move aside.

Seriously, the hallway had plenty of space. Couldn’t they stand to the side and leave way for others?

When they didn’t take the hint, Aecha had to voice out her thought, even when she hated talking with them. They wouldn’t leave her alone if she did.

“Can you guys move aside a bit?”

A pretty girl turned to Aecha. She was pretty, but the problem was that she used too much make-up that she looked fake. As she realized it was Aecha who just called her, she smirked.

“Oh? Aren’t you Aecha? We heard that you took a jaw surgery that summer? Have you recovered yet?”

Aecha thought, she was not sure if she should answer her or not. She did, anyway.

“I do, as you can see. Thanks for your concern. Now, can you guys…?” Aecha said and gestured for them to move aside.

“Concern? Excuse me! I’m just pitying you; because as I can see myself, you don’t change one bit after the surgery. Such a waste of money spending on it, you are still the ugliest girl in our class. Right, girls?”

The fake girl turned to ask her friends, then they laughed loudly together, trying to embarrass Aecha. Aecha chew her lower lip in annoyance. She didn’t know why they hated her to that extent. She hadn’t done any harm to them yet. Couldn’t they get a life and mind their own business? She knew she didn’t change much after the surgery, but they needn’t point it out for her. Their words hurt, ok? As much as Aecha tried to ignore them, they still got to her somehow. However, she scoffed. She wouldn’t let things like that affect her, at least she wouldn’t show it. She wouldn’t give them the satisfaction of embarrassing her.

“Mind your own business.” 

Aecha made a face as she said that part, shoving the girls aside by herself and she walked to where her class was. Their words still lingered in her mind.

Maybe she would find Chanyeol first, she wouldn’t come Hana as usual. Aecha’s mood was a little down after the small incident. Chanyeol’s childish personality could lift her mood, he could always cheer her up. Aecha smiled a little as she thought of him. She wondered how he would react as they met. Did he remember the kiss or not? If yes, how would he react to her? Awkwardly or normally?

Entering her classroom, Aecha scanned the whole room for that tall figure. She then spotted him at the end of the class, his back to her. Aecha walked towards him with a smile on her face. Chanyeol turned around just in time and their eyes met. For a fraction of a second, Aecha could sense something in his eyes shift, but then he gazed at her impassively for a moment and turned back to talk to his friends.

 

What’s with his action just now? 

Aecha frowned, her smile dropped. There was something strange. She didn’t expect him to greet her like that. Normally, he would bounce to her the moment he saw her. Or at least, he’d say hi. Even though their status wasn’t as good as before the summer, he couldn’t treat her indifferently like that.

Ok, she would talk to him and ask what was wrong? And, was it about the kiss?