Chapter 53.

Love Story of An Ugly Girl.

Chanyeol couldn’t hide his excitement when the business trip was near. He would come to Aecha all the time just to ask if she had prepared all the needed things for the trip.

Aecha was walking down the hallway, carrying some documents when Chanyeol bounced towards her, and he had this wide smile on his face.

 “Hey! Have you done preparing?”

He walked by her side, lowering his head and tilting it so his face was near hers as he asked that.

Aecha leaned away from him, blushed a little due to his proximity. What was with this guy and being intimate with her?

 “I did, and you’ve asked me this question a thousand times already. Why are you so excited? Aren’t you afraid the girl you like would be sad or be mad? You would spend two days alone with me for your information!”

Chanyeol shook his head, seeming annoyed that Aecha always brought "her" up. If only she knew who "her" was.

“Forget about her. Let’s enjoy this trip together.”

Aecha narrowed her eyes at him. Why did he sound so nonchalant? This guy had something in his mind, she could tell.

“Enjoy this trip? We are going to work.”

Chanyeol's eyes widened in a fraction, but he quickly recovered, stammered out, “I-I meant. We would work, but don’t overdo it. Let’s enjoy ourselves in another country also.”

Aecha still felt something was fishy about his statement, but she shrugged it off. They would only be together for two days anyway, no need to worry much about it.

===

When Aecha and Chanyeol were doing the negotiation with their partners in New York, she finally knew what was so fishy about this trip with him.

They had two days to stay in this city and did the work, but Chanyeol finished it in just a day.

He had prepared everything he needed for it so carefully from home. Their meeting with the partners went so well, so smoothly and Aecha didn’t do much of a help. In the meeting, she was just there by his side, holding the contract, the documents that Chanyeol had prepared from home. Her job was only handing it to him when he told her to. Well, she was not much of a help, she didn’t know why she had to go with him all the way to New York when Chanyeol could do the negotiation by himself.

Aecha didn’t know it, but Chanyeol had put so much effort into his plan, so that they could finish the work quickly, and that meant he could squeeze in between some alone time with her.

She didn’t understand why Chanyeol had taken her with him when he could do the work so perfectly. That was until he revealed his true purpose.

The second day of the trip, Aecha was just done eating her breakfast when Chanyeol came to her, he gave off a cheerful aura.

“Since we had finished our mission, why don’t we take a small tour to the suburb? I know some nice places to visit.”

Chanyeol suggested happily, the time for his plan had finally come.

He had wanted to spend time with Aecha ever since he met her again two months ago. However, Aecha was different from before, she was hard to get close to, she avoided him as much as she could. They often met at the company, but it was all about work, nothing romantic happened between them. He surely would make a good use of this chance to make her fall back in love with him.

Aecha thought about his suggestion for a while. She had left New York for half a year, and she surely missed the city where she had studied. There was a day left, they didn't have anything else to do anyway. Going around with him wouldn’t be too bad, so why not?

“Sure!”

Aecha smiled up at Chanyeol and his face brightened up instantly.

“We should go then. We don’t have much time.”

Chanyeol beamed and took Aecha's hand, taking her up to their room to prepare.

Aecha looked at their entwined hands. She should pull her hand back, because he had someone else already, it was a gesture only for lovers. But the girl couldn’t help it, she wanted his love, wanted this small gesture of affection so bad. Maybe she would relish the feeling in this foreign country. There was no one they knew in this country so Aecha wasn’t afraid of getting caught. When they were back to Korean, she would keep her distance.

So Aecha let Chanyeol take her around. Having fun and acting like a real couple, it just felt too right, too real.

If only it would last forever.

===

 They were deadly tired by the end of the day, driving a long way back to the city centre wouldn’t be a good idea, so the two of them had settled with staying in a small hotel by the road.

Aecha and Chanyeol walked to the reception and rented rooms.

“Can I have two rooms with single bed, please?” said Aecha as she smiled at the receptionist, whose name was Min.

Min asked for their names and did her work, which was finding the rooms, checking if there were available rooms. When Min was checking for two vacant rooms, Chanyeol's phone suddenly rang. Chanyeol smiled, a partner was calling, probably wanting to ask for something. Chanyeol handed his phone to Aecha and gestured her to answer it. She looked at him weirdly but took it anyway. She went to a quiet corner and answered it.

As soon as Aecha was out of sight, Chanyeol turned to Min behind the counter and showed her his lady-killer smile.

“Could you do me a favor?”

The girl looked at him in a daze; he was so handsome. Min smiled happily that he asked for her help.

“Sure! How can I help you, sir?”

Chanyeol looked sad all of sudden as he began explaining.

 “You see, she is my wife, we have the same last name.”

Min looked at their names once more and mumbled, “Oh, Mrs. Park and Mr. Park?”

“Yeah, we are. But we got into a small fight today.”

Chanyeol paused again, hoping Min would get the hint.

 “Ah, that’s why Mrs. Park asked for two rooms just now?”

The girl’s eyes lit up, understanding what he was trying to say. Chanyeol smirked slightly; she got right into his trap. But he got back to his role, fidgeting his fingers as he suggested the solution for their imaginary fight.

“Yeah, she is angry with me and refuses to let me stay in the same room with her. How can it be like that? We are husband and wife! So…,” looking at Min with puppy eyes, Chanyeol continued, “Can you lie to her that there is only a room left so that we can spend the night together? I can pay the rent for two rooms.”

Chanyeol pleaded her, his voice sad and remorse. The girl smiled kindly at him.

“I’ll help you, and you don’t have to pay for two rooms. I hope you two can make up.”

Chanyeol smiled widely at her, bowing his head to thank Min.

“Thank you very much! You are so nice."

Min shook her head.

"You are welcome. And you are a good husband, she is so lucky."

No, I'm not good at all. And I'm the lucky one to have met Aecha in my life.

 Chanyeol smiled indulgently to himself as he thought about Aecha. A moment later, Aecha was back just when the deal between Chanyeol and Min was sealed. She panicked when there was only a room left.

“Are you sure? Please check again. We can't stay in the same room."

Min pretended to check the data once again, but she shook her head at Aecha and smiled.

“We are sorry about that. But the room has a double bed, I think it wouldn't be too bad for you to sleep on it together."

"Wouldn't be too bad? How can I and he sleep on the same bed?"

Aecha gestured between her and Chanyeol and looked at Min incredulously. How could Min think that way? Aecha wasn't an easy girl to sleep around with man. Even when they didn't do anything, it was still uncomfortable. Plus, they had unsaid problems.

“Because, after all, you are..."

Before Min could reveal the secret, Chanyeol cut her off.

“No worries, we'll take the room."

With only a room left, there weren’t many hotels around the area, it was dark, all the factors were against Aecha that made her reluctantly agree to share the room with Chanyeol.

As they left the reception to go to their room, the kind girl named Min said a thing that made Aecha confuse.

“Mr. Park, fighting! Mrs. Park, he is a nice man, be easy on him.”

Aecha’s eyes widened when she was called Mrs. Park. She turned back, ready to explain but Chanyeol shooed her to the elevator, not letting her have the chance to do so.

Once inside the small closed space, Aecha whipped her head to glare at Chanyeol, her arms crossed on her chest.

“What was it just now? Why didn’t you let me explain? She mistook us as a married couple because of our last names.”

Chanyeol wrapped his arms around her shoulders, pulling her close, he cooed, “Mrs. Park, I’m sorry about it. Don’t fight with me, ok? I’m your husband, remember?”

His eyes twinkled with amusement when Aecha pulled away to look at him incredulously.

He was enjoying Min’s misunderstanding a little too much, and Aecha was suspicious that he had something to do with it. Maybe, he was behind it all.

Aecha had known that the trip was fishy, Chanyeol was fishy, but she couldn’t really pinpoint it.

She had a bad feeling about their first night together.