Chapter 7.

Love Story of An Ugly Girl.

The next day, the two girls sauntered into school together, leaving Kris to find his own way to school.

As Aecha and Hana entered the class, Chanyeol diverted his gaze to them immediately. When Hana settled into her seat with a book on her desk, Chanyeol made his way to Aecha without Hana knowing. After doing so, he took her by the arm and dragged her to a corner in the corridor. He asked as soon as they were hidden, “Well? Did she agree?”

Snatching her arm back, and glaring at Chanyeol, Aecha hissed, “Can you at least greet me first?”

To get the results from Aecha, he quickly replied,“Ok ok, hello Aecha!! So?”

“Have some sincerity, will you?” Aecha looked away, pissed. She didn’t know if he acted like that because he didn’t have manners whatsoever or because he was too eager for the “date” with Hana. Either way, he was acting like a jerk that didn't care about her at all. What was she to him? A tool to get to Hana?

Chanyeol blinked, stiffened a bit at the harshness of her words. After a short period of time, he grabbed her shoulder to make the female face him. “Uh, I’m sorry. I was just…, I've waited since yesterday so I guess I overreacted”, he said.

Aecha gazed at his face, he chewed on his bottom lip, indicating that he was guilty. A sigh slipped past her lips and she rolled her eyes in an exasperated manner before opening to speak,

“Yeah, she agreed. But you must behave yourself. Your reaction just now was a NO to Hana.” And no to me too, Aecha added in her mind, but she guessed Chanyeol wouldn’t care anyway.

“Of course I’ll behave. I was just too impatient, I guess.”

You just didn’t care about me, you jerk. Aecha's eyes turned into narrow slits, and she spun on her heel to leave, but Chanyeol held her back by grasping onto her arm.

“Wait, I’m not done yet. What should I prepare?”He asked, quite clueless.

“Why are you asking me? You do it yourself.”

She examined him incredulously, was that guy serious about asking her how to court Hana?

Chanyeol grabbed her wrists, and swung it about and whined,

“Please, you know her better than me. You must know what I should do.”

Aecha tingled at the contact, and blushed a little as she withdrew her wrists. What was with this guy? Why was he so touchy? She liked his innocent touches so much, but she just wasn't used to them.

She then cleared , tried to hide her blush and told him,

“You don’t need to prepare anything, really. If you insist on something to prepare then I suggest you reviewing some lessons we’ve learned. Maybe you could score some points in Hana's eyes. But don’t get your hopes up too high though, Hana only cares about studying.”

“Thank you so much.”

With that Chanyeol turned around and was about to leave, but he turned back as if he remembered something and told Aecha,

“Come back to class with me.”

Aecha smiled at him, he had remembered to ask her to go back to class with him. It was definitely better than how he had greeted her before.

They walked together for a while, chatting along the way.

Once near the class’s door, Chanyeol told Aecha,

“You go in first, just in case Hana notices.”

Aecha nodded, ready to go in but Chanyeol held her back one more time by her arm.

“What now?”

Aecha groaned, turning to him with a pout. Chanyeol noticed her pouting so he chuckled and commented truthfully,

“You know, even though you’re not pretty, you still have your girly side. It's kinda cute.”

 

Aecha flushed. It was the first time any guy said something like that to her. It made her feel very happy. Chanyeol didn't even know it but he was making Aecha fall for him more and more.

Recovering from the spazzing moment, Aecha asked like she didn’t care what he said at all,

“What do you want?”

“I want to ask for your number. You know, to discuss things easily.”

Waving his hand around, Chanyeol explained why he wanted her number. Not that Aecha would mind him asking her, in fact she had wanted to have his number for a while now.

“Yeah, hold on, let me save your number, I’ll text you later.”

 

Later that day, Chanyeol received a message from Aecha,

_ Hey you, it's your one and only ally. Save this number, your love life depends on it :P_

 

Yeah, I’ve got myself quite a good ally, thinking to himself with a smile, Chanyeol saved her number as ugly duck.

That's quite a cute name in his opinion.