Chapter 30.

Love Story of An Ugly Girl.

Stopping by Chanyeol’s side, Aecha tapped his shoulder to get his attention, smiling when he turned to her, Aecha greeted.

“Hey!”

“Hey!”

He didn’t even smile back, just replied with this short word. Then she waited to see if he would say something else; Chanyeol was usually very talkative. Seeing that he wouldn’t talk to her, Aecha awkwardly turned to Exo and greeted them. The guy accepted her greeting, and they talk together, catching up on each other’s summer.

 

In the back of her mind, Aecha was sure that something was definitely wrong. Aecha could sense it with the way Chanyeol greeted her just now. Tiptoeing to reach his ear, she leaned in and whispered.

 

“Chanyeol, is something wrong?”

 

Chanyeol looked at her for a few seconds. He then shook his head and uttered.

 

“No, don’t worry.”

 

But, he couldn’t fool Aecha just like that. Aecha knew better, she insisted.

 

“No, something was wrong, definitely. Tell me, maybe I can help.”

 

“I said there wasn’t. Will you shut up?”

 

Chanyeol snapped, raising his voice because Aecha didn’t leave him alone, and that made the group turned to look at the two of them.

 

“Yah, Chanyeol! What’s with that tone you are using on Aecha?” Baekhyun defended Aecha, not knowing why Chanyeol was acting that way.

 

Chanyeol was generally a nice guy, and he hardly raised his voice at someone. Especially with Aecha, since last year Aecha and him were very close. They wouldn’t snap at his friend for no reason.

 

“Sorry.”

 

“Will you explain why did you do that?” Baekhyun called after but it was to no avail.

 

Chanyeol muttered then returned to his seat, leaving Aecha standing there and staring at his back with wide eyes. Now, she could tell that something was definitely wrong and Chanyeol just wouldn’t tell. Still, she had to try to find a way to get him.

 

He had just decided to not be too close with Aecha, and he was trying to keep their relationship in control. But, the girl made it so hard for him by sticking around him all the time. Even when she entered the class, he was the first one she went to greet. Chanyeol didn’t like that fact. Maybe if he made her mad, she would stay away from him. That’s why he ignored and snapped to her. But, Chanyeol didn’t know that Aecha was used to people treating her badly; so his behaviors didn’t matter to her at all. She was a bit surprised at his actions, then she was worried that something bad had happened to him. She didn’t understand the cause, but she would find out the reason, for sure she would.

 

Break came and Aecha went to Chanyeol immediately.

 

“Are you busy, Chanyeol? Can we talk for a while?”

 

Chanyeol wanted to refuse, but because she asked so politely, Chanyeol couldn’t avoid talking to her. He gave in.

 

“Ok. But, let’s go somewhere.”

 

===

 

Aecha began hesitantly.

 

“So…do you want to avoid me like the end of last year again? You said we’ll be normal in this year.”

 

“We are still normal,” answered Chanyeol nonchalantly.

 

“But, you acted differently towards me this morning.”

 

“Was I? How so?”

 

Chanyeol arched a challenging brow at Aecha. He knew perfectly why Aecha said that. He didn’t lean on her shoulder like he always did when they stood side by side; he didn’t  smile widely whenever he saw her; he didn’t go to her when she entered the room and many more things proved that. But, he dared Aecha to say it out loud. The way he acted around her was not something so obvious that she could point out. It’s something hidden that only she and Chanyeol could know. And Chanyeol was right; Aecha didn’t know how to explain the different aura she felt from him. She just had this feeling, the feeling she felt when Chanyeol kept his distance with her. But, how does she explain it now?

 

After struggling for a while to find the right words, Aecha slumped her shoulders, admitting her defeat.

 

“I can’t tell you exactly how you are different from before. I just felt it.”

 

“Felt it? I’m still the same. You are delusional.” Chanyeol scoffed, shaking his head.

 

“Yah, that attitude again. What’s wrong with you?”

 

Aecha placed both of her hands on her hips and glared at Chanyeol. He was now calling her delusional? She couldn’t stand this tone of his.

 

“It’s your fault. You force some nonsense on me. I’m telling you, I’m still the same. Bear with it or leave me alone.”

 

Chanyeol growled; he was frustrated that Aecha didn’t let the matter go. She knew him too well to tell that he was treating her differently again. And obviously, she wanted them to be close like before.

 

Aecha flinched at his harsh words. She blanched for a moment then gradually resigned. It’s the first time they argued and she didn’t like it one bit. It’s nothing like the sweet moments they had together last year. The tension around them was heavy. She should do something to lighten up the atmosphere.

 

In a soft voice, Aecha began.

 

“Ok, I’m sorry for what I have just said. You are still the Chanyeol I know. But, you must tell me if there is something wrong or if I did something wrong, ok? We’ll work it out somehow. I want us to be friends like before, and I can help you with Hana.”

 

 

Chanyeol slowly heaved out a sigh of relief. Finally, she accepted the way he was acting towards her. He felt bad for treating Aecha like that, but he wanted his heart to beat for Hana only. He must stop being close to Aecha before it’s too late.

 

The kiss was like a wake-up call for his feelings. It helped Chanyeol have an idea of whom his heart was falling for. He must fix it straight. He was sorry, but they would never be close like before anymore.

 

He had decided.

 

The poster goes to MyendlessThank you ^^