Chapter 20.

Love Story of An Ugly Girl.

Exo and the two girls followed Chanyeol, who was bouncing ahead. They didn’t know what had got him so excited. Well, he was normally hyped, but seeing him now, they could feel his radiant excitement, like that of a kid in a candy store.

 

Unlike Chanyeol, Hana was deep in thought. She usually didn’t care about the lovey-dovey things because it made her head hurt, but Chanyeol and Aecha were really close to her. So, they being together would bug her if she didn't know anything. Maybe, she should care about it, only a little. It wouldn’t affect her study to mind about them a bit, right? She would see if Aecha and Chanyeol had feelings for each other, or not. She just wanted to see her close friends' relationship. Arguing with her own mind, Hana decided that, she would care.

Plus, there was a voice in her mind told her to care, to pay attention. It filled her mind, refuse to go away even when Hana wanted it to.

That’s why she had observed the two just now. How Chanyeol bounced to Aecha right when he got off the roller coaster, it proved that Chanyeol wanted to be with Aecha. The two of them, they interacted so casually with each other, people could tell they were very close. The way they talked, it could be between close friends, or lovers.

The line drawing these two things apart was so slim. Hana couldn’t differ just yet, and neither did Aecha nor Chanyeol.

 

Just as Hana wanted to observe the two some more, Chanyeol turned and looked at her in the eyes, which made her still for a moment. Something in him clicked, he then ran ahead, leading their way to somewhere. Hana shrugged. Ok, she wouldn’t care anymore, for now, she'd just enjoy Aecha's birthday.

 

Exo groaned, looked at Chanyeol questioningly when they had arrived at where Chanyeol wanted to play,

“Really, Chanyeol? Why the ferris wheel? It’s for couples only. You want me with Kyungsoo or Sehun to go on it?”, asked Kai mockingly, crossing his arms on his chest and looked at Chanyeol with raised eyebrows.

“You can go with whoever you want. I have my dates.”

Like that, Chanyeol abandoned the guys and ran to Aecha, dragging her with him to a corner.

“Hey, you go with me and Hana on the cabin. There are two opposite benches, you can sit on one of them to enjoy the views. I and Hana will sit on another and we'd have some alone time. Sound great? God, it’s so romantic,”grinned Chanyeol as he told Aecha his plan enthusiastically.

Aecha blanched when she heard what he said. She would never go on the cabin with him, she dreaded it. But, she didn’t want to reveal her weakness to Chanyeol, not when she had appeared to be a strong and confident girl all along.

So, she had to refuse Chanyeol somehow.

“But, I don’t want to go there. And, I would ruin the romantic mood between you two, right? Why don't you just go with her alone?”

“No, you wouldn’t ruin the mood. I know you’re my ally, so I don’t mind you being there with us. And, didn’t you say Hana wouldn't be alone with guys? She wouldn't go there with me. So, you must come in order to get her go with me as my plan,” reasoned Chanyeol.

He was pouting already, using his aegyo on Aecha. But, Aecha couldn't fall for it, not this time.

“No, I won’t. Absolutely won’t.” Aecha turned her back to him, she didn’t want to discuss any further. Not that she didn't want to help him, she couldn't.

“Please, Aecha. Why do you hate it so much? Not the roller coaster, not the ferris wheel, too? Go with me.”

“No,” Aecha still refused, shaking her head violently to emphasize her point.

“Why? You tell me, or I won’t stop.”

Now, Chanyeol had become ridiculous. Aecha turned to glare at Chanyeol, only to have the brown haired guy challenged her with his eyes.

Aecha sighed, giving in. Maybe, she would tell him her reason just so he would stop this impossible mission of his. 

“Because, I’m scared of the height. I can't go with you on the ferris wheel But, don’t tell anyone about my phobia," said Aecha in a small voice even though only the two of them could hear.

“Huh? You are scared of the height? Really?” 

Chanyeol was a bit surprised, he never knew it.

“Yeah, the fear is much more worse than when I’m scared of cockroach,” admitted Aecha. She had nothing to keep in anyway.

Chanyeol nodded to himself, slowly forming a resolve in his head,

“Well then, the cabin will wait for about 3-5 minutes before it gets going. You can stay with us there, and you'd leave at the last minute, saying you need to do something. How does this plan sound?"

Chanyeol's eyes brightened up as the plan really sunk in him. It sounded brilliant, considering the fact that he just thought of it.

“But, will that really work?” Aecha was still hesitant.

“It will, don’t worry. Just come with me.”

Chanyeol said that to assure Aecha, but he was not really sure himself. It would work, right? If she couldn’t get off in time, she just had to go a ride with him and Hana. He was always fine with the height, it wouldn’t be too bad for Aecha, would it?

Maybe, the fear was just in her head, she wasn't really scared of it. Luhan could bear that fear some times, too.

Whatever! Thought Chanyeol, ending his argument with his own mind.

Aecha must go, or his plan would be crashed and he didn’t want it. It was his resolve!

“I will get off in time, will I?” Aecha's unsure question pulled Chanyeol out of his thought.

“You will. Just get out before the doors close and it would be alright. Trust me,” replied the guy in an instant. He must be confident about his plan in order to make Aecha believe in it.

“But, would Hana be mad at me for it?”

Aecha still wanted to find excuses for her to not go. And, as she did that, Chanyeol did the job of persuading her to agree on helping him.

“Well, we’d just say it’s because of the timing.”

“Uh...," Aecha was at a lost for excuses.

“Please, Aecha. Go on the cabin with us, then get off in time. It's easy!”

After a while, she gave in reluctantly. It didn’t sound too bad, did it?

“Alright, let’s go find her," agreed Aecha with a worried mind, frowned brows.

She was still afraid, but she would still do it. Not that she could refuse Chanyeol anyway.

This poster goes to AptonKeyThank you ^^.