Chapter 40.

Love Story of An Ugly Girl.

Aecha lay immobile on the ground. Her breath came out unevenly, difficultly. Her eyes blurred with unshed tears. She wasn’t sure she could take any more of these things Minwoo was doing to her.

===

As Minwoo saw Chanyeol and Hana disappear in the alley, his blood boiled in his vein. The ing made him lose his prey once more and she’d pay for the price of her action this time.

Minwoo fumed, clenching his fists by his sides and glaring at Aecha, who was on her feet, ready to run away from him. She didn’t think she could run from him, but she’d try to stretch out the time as much as possible and wait for Chanyeol to come back to help her. She believed Chanyeol would come to help her even before the police did. She just hoped that he’d be in time like last time.

“You , dig your grave already. Don’t think you’ll get away from me this time.”

Minwoo grunted the words while lunging at Aecha. Aecha's heart rate accelerated ten folds, cold sweats forming on her skin. However, she tried to calm down, looking around for a place to hide and she ran around a bench, her side was opposite to Minwoo’s side. Aecha put up both of her palms to tell Minwoo to stop, she must think of something to talk to him fast.

“Minwoo, why are you doing all these th-things?” Aecha stuttered out. “Aren’t you afraid of your father? He is a really strict teacher. If he knew, you’d be damned.”

Minwoo laughed loudly, evilly while throwing his head back. Then he stopped, growling at Aecha.

“ that old man! Who do you think I am? I fight, I go clubbing, I do girls. Have I ever had to ask him for his permission? In hell would he say yes!”

Aecha half-heartedly listened to him, she was busy looking for a place to run to next. Suddenly, he swatted his right arm out, trying to reach for Aecha. Aecha's eyes widened in panic and she quickly jumped back, out of his reach. Seems like Minwoo wouldn’t let her distract him like last time. He didn’t talk to her, and it wouldn’t give her anytime. Aecha cursed silently in her head, the situation was getting worse for her. She had to look for a way out of it fast.

“Come here!”

Minwoo shouted and ran around the bench to where Aecha was standing. Aecha quickly ran off to a big tree, being on the opposite side with Minwoo one more time, but Minwoo didn’t stop this time. He rounded the tree and ran after her; not sparing Aecha a minute to think or even to take a breath.

Aecha was starting to feel scared now. What should she to do? Minwoo was naturally faster than her, so him catching her was only a matter of time. Plus, he is a guy so he would have more strength to run.

Chanyeol! Where are you? Help me.

Aecha cried out silently in her head, hoping that Chanyeol could hear her.

As Aecha was running fast, something caught onto her left foot. It made her lose balance and Aecha landed hard on the ground. Her arms and palms got bruised in the process. Aecha groaned out in pain, trying to push herself up but it was no use. There was a something heavy pressing hard on her back, keeping her lie face down on the ground.

“Thank you for making her trip, Jae! You can rest now. Leave the remaining work for me. I’d teach that a lesson.”

Minwoo smiled at his friend, who was also lying on the ground. Minwoo then walked to Aecha and put his foot on her back, pressing her down, hard.

“Oh you ugly , I finally got you! You must be grateful that you are so ing ugly, or else I have you already. It’s too bad that you aren’t my type. What to do to you now?”

Leaning down, he grabbed a handful of her hair and yanked her head up, making Aecha groan out in pain. Minwoo wondered out loud what he should do to her, scratching his chin a little in thought.

“Oh, I guess you deserve this.”

As soon as he said that, Minwoo used his feet to turn Aecha's front to him, she was still lying on the ground. Then he geared up and shot a very hard kick to Aecha's stomach. It was so hard that it knocked the air out of Aecha. Aecha rolled away from him and curled up into a fetal position, trying to protect her body from him. She could feel pain resonate her whole body, making her dizzy.

“Come here! I’m not done with you!”

Minwoo came and yanked Aecha up so her face was in front of his. Raising his hand, he prepared another blow at her and Aecha shut her eyes tightly in fear. The slap sent to her cheek made the skin there burn, it had Aecha seeing stars and her eyes watered. Then Minwoo shoved Aecha to the ground yet again. Her side rubbed on the hard surface and it hurt like hell.

“You are even uglier up close, you know that?”

Minwoo spat out in disgust but Aecha couldn’t hear his insult clearly. She blinked, once then twice, trying to keep her mind clear. Her eyes were flooded with tears because of the pain she was enduring. She had to think of some ways to get herself out of this hell. She couldn’t take anymore of the things Minwoo was doing to her. No, she couldn’t take it anymore, Aecha had to do something.

Aecha took a deep breath, preparing for her plan. When Minwoo was ready to kick her one more time, he was halted by a voice rang out in the quiet park.

“STOP!”

Aecha shouted with all the strength she was left. Minwoo stopped abruptly then snarled down at her.

“What now, ?”

Gritting her teeth to push down her pain, Aecha smirked up at Minwoo.

“You know what, Minwoo? I’m not as stupid as you see. I had called the police before I jumped in to help Hana. And I’m sure they’ll get here in a minute. You hear their siren?”

What Aecha said made Minwoo stop, he stood there listening for a moment. There were honking sounds in the distance, but he wasn’t sure if they were sirens or not.

“If you did any serious damage to me and they got you, a week or two in jail would be waiting for you. And I’m sure your father wouldn’t help you out of this hell. His pride wouldn’t let him, or should I say he’d have more punishment waiting for you?”

 

Aecha smiled up at him evilly, trying her best to steel her voice so it wouldn’t waver. Her eyes bored into his, challenging him.

The truth was, Aecha hadn’t called anyone at all. She didn’t even know the number of their local police station. However, she must try her luck, seeing if Minwoo would believe her lie or not. If he didn’t believe her, he would continue to hit her anyway. Nothing was different after all. Why not try it? Chanyeol hadn’t come in time to rescue her, so she must be strong to get herself out of the mess she had gotten herself into.

Minwoo stood there, contemplating her words in his head. Most of what she said was true. If he hit her too hard and got caught by the police, he would have to stay at the police station for a period of time. His of a father would never help him out, he was sure of it. That old man would even ground him. And Minwoo didn’t want that.

He had lived freely all his life, doing whatever he wanted. Being in the police station for a week or so would be hell for him; the same went with grounding him. Besides, Jae, ne of his brothers, was with him. Minwoo couldn’t let Jae get in trouble because of him.

Cursing out in irritation, Minwoo kicked Aecha one last time on her side, his kick was not as hard as he intended to. Her words must have had some affects on his actions. Minwoo then came and helped Jae up, preparing to leave.

Before going, Minwoo threatened, “Consider it your lucky day! Next time you stick your nose in my business and I wouldn’t let you see the sunlight, ing ugly !”

With that said, he and Jae went home, leaving Aecha lie on the ground with pain all over her body.

Aecha lay there still for a couple of minutes, gaining her strength back, bit by bit. After a while, she stood up slowly, ever so slowly in order not to hurt her sore muscles. Dragging herself to a nearby bench, Aecha slumped onto it, feeling exhausted than ever. Closing her eyes, Aecha leaned onto the backrest of the bench, waiting for people to come and help her go home.

As exhaustion nearly took over her body, Aecha almost fell asleep on the bench when she heard her name being called in a shriek of horror.

“AECHA! Oh my god, are you ok?”

Moment later, a warm embrace enveloped her weak body and shook it lightly. Aecha could tell who was hugging her. His arms around her felt so good that it made Aecha want to cry right there and then. With her eyes still closed, Aecha blamed Chanyeol in her mind, you are late, Chanyeol.

This poster goes to GRAPHIC REBEL. Thank you ^^.