Chapter 2.

Love Story of An Ugly Girl.

Chanyeol stopped in front of the two and plastered on the most beautiful smile that he could muster.

“Hi, nice to meet you. You two study in this class?”

Aecha flushed again, mentally hugging herself with excitement that they met again so soon and stuttered a reply, “Y-yeah, nice to meet you too.”

The tall male continued to strike a conversation, “Great, so we’re officially classmates. Let’s get to know each other better. I'm Park Chanyeol. What’s your name?”

So his name is Chanyeol? That is so cute!

“I'm Aecha,” said Aecha happily, finally gathered enough nerve to look into his eyes. 

That's when Aecha noticed that Chanyeol wasn’t looking at her but his attention was on Hana the entire time. Her face fell slightly at the realization, and she nudged Hana who was still engaged in her book.

“Huh?” Hana looked up and turned to Aecha, confused.

Aecha darted her eyes from Hana to Chanyeol to inform Hana of the boy’s presence.

“Hi, can I help you with something?” Hana asked Chanyeol, not knowing why he was staring at her intently.

Laughing awkwardly, Chanyeol asked again, scratching his nape.

“I'm Chanyeol, your new classmate. I asked what your name was.”

Hana scratched her head a little and smiled apologetically.

"Oh, so sorry I didn’t pay attention. I'm Hana, nice to meet you.”

 

Hana smiled warmly at him then and Chanyeol was thunderstruck for a second, staring back at her with rapt attention. To Chanyeol, she looked like an angel. Skin as smooth as a baby's, wide dark brown eyes staring back at him, and lips were so pouty that he wanted to kiss. Hana was like all that Chanyeol ever wanted in a girl's appearance.

 

It would be great to be in the same class as her. He thought as he was dazed. Silence settled in between them and he snapped out of his thoughts.

“So you and um…”, pausing for a bit to remember Aecha's name, he went on, “-Aecha here are friends and in the same class?”

“Yeah, we are.”

They chorused and turned to smile at each other due to their unison.

“Woah, you even say the same things.”

Chanyeol exclaimed too loudly, which made the three of them laugh.

It was a good start for the three.

Chanyeol watched as Hana turned to smile at Aecha. “We do it a lot.”

"I know right!" Aecha agreed and grinned back at Hana.

 

Chanyeol watched as the two interacted, or more specifically watched Hana's every move. According to what he's seen so far, Hana was definitely his ideal type. Naturally good-looking with a gentle and nice personality. A small thought formed in his mind, Chanyeol made a goal to make her his girlfriend. She would be his perfect girlfriend. And no one could resist his charm, so he would succeed. In no time at all, they would be an item. Chanyeol smiled to himself in satisfaction. Now, all he need was a plan to get to Hana. 

Hmm, they are in the same class so it wouldn't be so hard, right?

Just then the bell rang. They all went into the classroom. The homeroom teacher introduced herself and showed the class the seating arrangements. Aecha was seated a row behind Hana, and the row behind hers was where Chanyeol sat. They were all in a column. 

First class past by with Hana focusing on the lesson, while Aecha daydreamed now and then, and Chanyeol looked Hana's way occasionally. When the break came, Chanyeol skipped cheerily to Hana's seat. He tried to make a conversation with her but she didn’t really seem interested. After a while, Chanyeol gave up and let her read her novel.

So Chanyeol, with a defeated face, went to his group of friends, who were already surrounded by girls.

“Yo Chanyeol, what’s with the face?”

Baekhyun asked Chanyeol teasingly because he had been observing his friend for a while, and he knew what happened. The almighty Chanyeol was ignored by a girl, for the first time!

“I just can't have what I want,” Chanyeol mumbled childishly and plopped on a chair.

“A girl isn’t charmed by our happy virus?” Suho joined the two and teased Chanyeol. 

Chanyeol was childish so teasing him would be fun. 

“Having a babyface isn't everything. You need skills, join me in some dates for the experience.” Kai suggested teasingly, smugly.

“I don’t want to be a playboy. Thank you.” Chanyeol glared at the shrugging Kai. Their maknae might seem to be dating a lot of girls, but Chanyeol knew Kai was hopeless when it came to romance.

“Why don’t you ask ugly duck for some information? They were best friends for a long time.”

All heads turned to the uninviting intruder, including Aecha, who was glaring daggers at him for calling her by that stupid nickname.

“Hi classmates, I'm Kris! Hope we’ll get along well. By the way, let’s form a flower-boy group. I'm handsome and I know it.”

Kris bragged about himself to the group, grinning at them as they had always been friends. And with that, he forgot about what he’d suggested Chanyeol just a moment ago.

“Yah weirdo, I met you this morning, didn’t I?” asked Chanyeol unsurely.

"Yeah, on the bus, I remember you. Anyways, why don’t you follow my suggestion?”

After seeing the way Aecha flushed in the hallway in front of Chanyeol, Kris knew Aecha had something for the boy and he decided to help her out. Maybe a little introduction about Aecha to the group would do.

“What suggestion? Flower-boys thing? No, thank you.”

The group said in unison and turned away from him.

“Not that. I said that you should ask for ugl- um... Aecha about Hana. She can help you to get to know Hana, you want that, right?”

Kris explained, and that got Chanyeol's attention again.

He blushed at what Kris said, but asked anyway, ”Who is Aecha? Where can I find her?”

All the boys' eyes rounded as they looked at Chanyeol in shock.

Is he serious?

“You sure got star-struck by Hana, didn't you? You don’t even remember Aecha. I haven’t talked to her yet but I know who she is because her face is so uh-- never mind,” Glancing at Kris, Suho continued, “She was the girl with Hana. Do you remember now?”

“Ah her, I forgot. You’re right, they are friends. Where is she by the way?”

Looking around the class, Chanyeol spotted Aecha and made his way over to her.

 

“I've never seen him so interested in a girl like he did with Hana.”

Lay stated the obvious. All nodded in agreement.

“Is he now?”

Kris scratched his chin, in deep thought. 

Is it really smart of him to introduce Aecha to Chanyeol just then? Chanyeol wouldn’t be interested in Aecha either way. Arghhh whatever!

“Yeah, he is. Not even his crush with Nayoung in middle school could compare,” Baekhyun added, distracted by the memories.

===

Chanyeol stopped in front of Aecha’s desk, which made her look up in surprise.

“Hi, nice to meet you! I'm Chanyeol. Can we talk for a while?”

Aecha stared at him. Was he serious or was he kidding her? Seeing as Chanyeol still waited for her reply, her mood fell a fraction. So he didn’t even remember meeting her, twice?

 

Forgetful guy, jeez.

“I'm Aecha, nice to meet you too, and yeah... S-sure, we can talk.”