Chapter 38.

Love Story of An Ugly Girl.

That night, after some difficulties, Aecha had managed to follow them inside the cinema without them knowing. Once the couple found their seats, Aecha also settled in her seat behind Chanyeol and Hana, two rows away from them. From there, Aecha would have a good view on the two; she could see if Chanyeol would try anything funny on Hana. If necessary, she would…erm…interrupt him. It’s not nice of her to do so, but Aecha didn’t want them to make progress. On Hana’s part, Aecha needn’t be worried, because she knew that girl well enough to not worry about her.

As the movie was on, Aecha could see that Chanyeol didn’t pay any attention to it at all, and so did Aecha. It was a chick flick drama after all; he would have no interest in it whatsoever. Besides, he was busy glancing at Hana from time to time, and Aecha was busy looking over him. That made the two of them.

One third of the movie had been played and Chanyeol was making his first move. He subtly s an arm around Hana and placed it on the back of Hana's seat, resting it there, waiting for Hana to lean on him.

Oh, dream on, guy! Hana wouldn’t do that.

Aecha smirked to herself as she saw Chanyeol waiting for Hana to lean on him. True to Aecha's foreseeing, after a while, Hana was still engaged in the movie, she didn’t pay attention to Chanyeol at all.

Hm, this movie was good; Chanyeol knew her taste so well. Hana nodded to herself, wondering why Chanyeol could know the movie that she liked. She didn’t know that it was Aecha who chose it for her to watch.

Two thirds into the movie and Chanyeol couldn’t stand it anymore, Hana didn’t cooperate with him! So, he leaned in Hana's side instead of waiting for her. Aecha held her breath, waiting for his next move, shoving popcorn into out of nervousness. What would he do? Would he lean on her? Or would he kiss her? Aecha kept eating popcorn to keep herself busy, watching them intently. Some of the popcorn got stuck in the braces she was wearing, and it made her feel itchy, slightly irritated.

Chanyeol placed his hand on Hana's shoulder and pushed her a little so she would lean on his side. Hana looked up at him when she felt the contact, but she didn’t do anything to stop his sly action. Chanyeol felt Hana's stare, but he looked straight at the large screen, pretending that he wasn’t doing anything when obviously, he was doing something. After a moment, Hana slowly leaned towards his shoulder and Chanyeol cheered silently in his mind. His plan was working!

 

Aecha shoved more and more popcorn into as Hana leaned on Chanyeol more and more.

Why didn’t Hana do anything? Stop him! Aecha shouted out in her mind.

Hana was never like that. For all Aecha knew, Hana hardly made any contact with any guy. Why would she let Chanyeol do it? And, the girl was following Chanyeol’s plan!

Do anything already, girl! You wouldn’t lean on him, would you?

Aecha’s kept eating more as the couple kept on doing what they were doing. They seemed quite intimate together, like they were in love? And it made Aecha feel uneasy. To add up to her irritation, the popcorn kept getting stuck in her braces. Oh jeez, why do they have to stuck in my braces so much? thought Aecha as she used her tongue to get them out. It was like the popcorn were taunting Aecha, she was already feeling bad with what she was seeing, it made her mood worse. And out of her irritation, Aecha threw a handful of popcorn to Chanyeol and Hana’s way.

A minute of silence passed in the area where they sat, only then did Aecha realize her stupid action. Aecha gasped, her eyes widened in surprise; but what was done, was done. Some people turned back to look at her in annoyance, Chanyeol and Hana did too. Especially Chanyeol, he was glaring daggers at her; his plan was almost perfect when Aecha interrupted him. Aecha hurriedly hid her face behind the bow of popcorn in embarrassment, muttering sorry to people here and there. And it was lucky for her that Chanyeol couldn’t see her face.

Truthfully, Aecha wasn’t really sorry. She was embarrassed, yes! But at least, Hana and Chanyeol had returned to their original position now. Chanyeol’s plan failed big time.

From then on, Chanyeol didn’t try anything else. He just sat there and sulked at no one in particular. He nearly succeeded on his small plan when some random girl decided to in. He was pissed, very pissed!

Once the movie finished, Chanyeol bought for Hana and himself two cups of coffee. Since they had school the next day, their plan for that day would end then and he walked Hana home, talking along the way. Hana excitedly commented on the movie about how good it was, it was actually one of her favorite movies. Chanyeol just agreed with whatever Hana said, he didn’t say anything about the movie’s plotline. What was there to say anyway? Chanyeol didn’t watch half of it.

As they were walking home, Aecha snooped behind them with a good thirty meters distance. She couldn’t hear what they were talking about, but she could still watch them. Hana seemed excited with what she was talking about, and Chanyeol seemed like he was deep in thoughts. It was like he was contemplating something in his mind.

After a few minutes of following them, Aecha realized what he was thinking about. His hand would brush Hana's hand now and then. He wanted to take her hand? Why didn’t he just take it then? Aecha frowned. Chanyeol was the touchy type, so it wouldn’t be a problem to him, right? He wasn’t like that around Aecha. When he was with her, he would take her hand whenever he wanted; it often happened when Chanyeol asked Aecha a favor. Aside from taking her hand, Chanyeol also often rested his head on Aecha’s shoulder; they had many touchy moments. They even kissed before. Aecha blushed as she thought of it.

But those things happened a few months ago. Did Chanyeol change when he distanced himself from Aecha? Or, was he nervous like that when he was around Hana? Maybe, he liked Hana and it’s natural for him to be nervous around her.

Aecha’s mind wandered while she followed the other two people. Chanyeol had finally had the courage to take Hana's hand, and the girl let him be, one more time. Aecha bit her lips; Hana was different, Aecha could feel that. Things had changed and that’s what got her worried.

===

They had reached the park between Aecha and Hana's houses. And that meant they would end their date soon. Aecha sighed in relief as she continued to follow them down the dark road, she was careful so she would not be noticed. It was dark and quiet; she had to be quiet also in order that they wouldn’t hear her. Now and then, Aecha would hide behind a tree or bench.

They were walking when suddenly, there were two tall figures blocking the path. Aecha stopped and quickly hid behind a tree. She squinted her eyes under the dimly lit streetlights to see who they were. Aecha didn’t know why but she had this uneasy feeling rising up in her.

Aecha gasped in fear as recognition finally dawned on her.

One of the ones blocking their path, he was Minwoo.