Chapter 37.

Love Story of An Ugly Girl.

Chanyeol forcefully pushed Minwoo off of Hana, sending the guy on the floor on the floor. He landed with a thud and groaned out in pain.

 

“Get the off of her. Don’t think you can do anything you want just because you are the principal’s son.”

 

Chanyeol spit out as he helped Hana get out of the car first.

 

Minwoo glared at Chanyeol in anger. He didn’t want to be related to the principal, ever.

 

“I’ve got nothing to do with him. I do what I want and take what I like.”

 

He stood up, and was ready to pounce on Chanyeol. Aecha's eyes widened in panic. She thought Minwoo would leave if Chanyeol were here because that made the three of them against him. Normally, people would be afraid if they were out-numbered, right? It seemed like that he wasn’t intimidated by them.

 

Maybe she would talk him to leave; she didn’t want Chanyeol to get into the fight. It would bring them nothing good if they fought. So, Aecha picked herself up despite being very tired. Rushing to Chanyeol's side, Aecha shielded him from Minwoo.

 

“Wait, Minwoo! You can’t take Hana with you today. Chanyeol has called Exo to come here with us. So just leave us alone.”

 

Chanyeol's eyes popped out as he stared at Aecha’s back in disbelief.  He called Exo? When? Did she call them or was she lying?

 

Minwoo also looked at Aecha suspiciously to see if she was lying or not. Yes, Aecha was indeed lying. But Aecha seemed unfazed by that fact, and she looked back at Minwoo straight in his eyes, challenging him.

 

Minwoo wouldn’t mind fighting with Chanyeol, but if she really did call Exo, it would be a problem for him. He couldn’t fight them all, and it would cause a chaos if they fought. Things couldn’t involve too many people, his father might know.

 

 After a while, Minwoo wordlessly admitted his defeat, warning Aecha one last time.

 

“Don’t think you’ll get away with this, you fugly ! You can’t protect your pretty friend forever.”

 

 

Aecha slowly heaved out a sigh of relief for the umpteenth that day, seeing Minwoo get into his car and drive away, exhausting fumes to their faces in the process.

 

Aecha slumped onto the ground at last, exhausted. And Chanyeol rushed to Hana's side to see if she was alright.

 

“You ok?” asked Chanyeol as he examined her bruised arm, brushing his arms gently over Hana to check for her injuries.

 

 Hana just nodded, she was at a lost for words. She was scared, really scared by all the things that just happened to her and Aecha. How could this caveman kidnapping thing could happen in modern day and in a good highschool, no less. And just why was she the victim of the attempted kidnap? She didn't understand...

 

“Did he hurt you somewhere?”

 

Shaking her head, Hana looked at Chanyeol with terrified eyes. Minwoo did grip hard on her arm, but it was nothing serious to worry about.

 

“Really? Are you really alright? Why don’t you say anything? You are worrying me."

 

Chanyeol asked the third time, Hana hadn’t said anything and he was worried about it.

 

“I’m ok. Thank you for saving me.”

 

Hana muttered finally, assuring the worried guy. She was very grateful to Chanyeol for saving her just now. And she wondered, do they have telepathy or something? Why did him know she was in distress to come and help her?

 

Chanyeol smiled ruefully at her. Hana finally said something.

 

“Actually, you should thank Aecha instead. She was the one who called me, so she was really the one who saved you.”

 

“Really? When did she do it? How come I don’t know?”

 

Hana asked in surprise. She had no idea when Aecha called Chanyeol. Aecha was really smart if she managed to call Chanyeol to ask for help while dealing with Minwoo just now.

 

Chanyeol also shrugged, finally turning to Aecha. He walked to sit by her side and asked for her condition, nudging her shoulder with his playfully albeit carefully, minding her weak state.

 

“Are you ok?”

 

Aecha just nodded.

 

“Tired?”

 

“Yeah, the bastard is strong. It took a lot of my strength to hold him back,” said Aecha as she leaned back on her hands and relaxed her body.

 

“You should be grateful I’m in time, other while you must be half dead with the struggle by now.”

 

Chanyeol teased, rubbing her back a little to make her relax and trying to lift the sour mood that settled over the two girls.

 

“You are a slow . I called you twenty minutes ago and you got here just now.” Aecha scoffed at his words, enjoying his hands on her.

 

“But I didn’t understand what was happening at first. You can’t expect me to rush here right when I got your call!”

 

Chanyeol defended himself, pouting at Aecha.

 

“Then you are a dumb .” Aecha smiled triumphantly, teasing Chanyeol was fun.

 

“But…” Chanyeol was ready to back talk Aecha, but his words got caught in his throat. A cold shiver run down his spine. He felt that someone was watching him. Looking up, he saw that Hana was eyeing the two of them, and she seemed displeased.

 

Aecha also looked up, following Chanyeol’s gaze. Realizing their close position, she cleared and got up.

 

“We should leave, it’s late.”

 

Aecha told Hana while dusting the dirt off her clothes.

 

“Yeah, I’ll walk you two home.”

 

Chanyeol agreed and offered his company. Aecha linked her arm with Hana, and the three of them left the parking lot to get home.

 

“Hana, we’ll never study till this late at the library again. Just borrow the books home.”

 

“Yeah, I get it. Sorry for today.”

 

Hana agreed with Aecha instantly. She never thought of bad things that could happen to her, until today. She was approached by some erts sometimes but if she didn’t pay attention to them, they’d leave her alone. Taking her forcefully like that then Minwoo was the first. It was like a wake-up call for Hana, reminding her to be careful when she was out alone, especially at night. She wouldn’t want to experience it ever again.

 

The three of them walked home together. Chatting about random things along the way, they forgot the memory of the bad thing that just happened.

 

===

 

Second year of high school ended and nothing much happened. Minwoo would show his hate towards Aecha and Exo in the face, but he hadn’t done anything more than just showing it. Seems like, he was just a braggart bastard after all.  That made Aecha relax a lot, she slowly forgot about his threat. It was no use remembering it anyway. Hana didn’t seem to care about him either.

 

Aecha, Chanyeol and Hana were close friends now, closer than ever. Chanyeol still kept it in his mind to make Hana his girlfriend, and Aecha was contented with what he was doing. As long as they didn’t proceed then it was ok. But a part of her was also scared. They would graduate in a year’s time. After that, what would her future be? Would she have the chance to be near Chanyeol? Or, would he and Hana date when this time came?

 

The questions about the future bothered her, but it wasn’t that she could do anything about it.

 

===

 

Final year of high school started with a lot of studying. Study, study and study all the time; Aecha couldn’t have time for herself. Even Hana was tired of studying sometime and that's a lot to say because Hana was never tired of studying. That’s also one of the reasons why she agreed to go on another date with Chanyeol.

 

Unlike the last time they went on a date, this time, Chanyeol informed Aecha about his date with Hana as soon as the girl agreed with him. It was a lucky move, because Aecha helped him to prepare for his date.

 

According to the plan, they would go to the cinema at night, watching a movie that Aecha knew Hana would love. And after that, Chanyeol would walk Hana home. Simple as that but it was ok, they just went on a date as friends. It was not that they could hug or kiss each other during the date like a couple; although Chanyeol wanted them to be. Chanyeol would try if he could make some progress with Hana in the cinema. Maybe he’d let her lean on him, or he’d hold her hand. The things that drama movie always showed.

 

On the day of their date, Aecha was fidgety. Hana rarely agreed to go on a date with a guy, or should Aecha say she never went on a date with a guy? Let alone, it’s the second time already. That’s what got Aecha worried the most.

 

What if the bookworm girl had liked Chanyeol already? What if after the date, they’d be together? What if they’d get their first kiss that day? Seeing as the movie Aecha chose for the two to watch was a romance type movie, it would be very possible to happen.

 

She couldn’t stand her own anxiety anymore, Aecha decided she would spy on her two friends. Well, she knew the cinema anyway, she even bought a ticket just in case she wanted to go there.

 

Why did Aecha think she would want to go there?

 

It’s because Aecha had a feeling she would want to check on Chanyeol and Hana. And, Aecha was right. She knew how her mind worked the best.

Spying on them, that was what she’d be doing!