Chapter 5.

Love Story of An Ugly Girl.

As they entered the gym class, they immediately spotted the group who were already surrounded by some girls. Without hesitation, Kris quickly joined Kai and Xiumin to flirt with some girls, leaving Aecha by herself.

Chanyeol saw Aecha at a corner. He eagerly went up to her, “Is Hana in this class too? I’m new here, Kris told us to come to this gym this morning.”

“Sometimes, yes. She used to come to the gym with me but she was never really interested. I can persuade her to come with me sometimes if you want.” Aecha answered casually.

However, she wasn't very happy that Chanyeol only cared about Hana and not about her. But then again, all of the guys that approached Aecha were the same. The difference is that Aecha didn’t care about them either. This time, Chanyeol was different, she wanted him to notice her, too.

Chanyeol looked at Aecha in surprise, she didn’t have to be that good to him, but it was really nice of her to help him to be more with Hana, and he was grateful for that. Like Kris had said, if he treated her right, she'd make a great friend.

“Really? Thank you then. Come with me to join my guys.” Chanyeol said as he grabbed her arm and led her to where Exo was.

                        

“Hi Aecha! We’ve been hearing about you since yesterday. Nice to finally meet you.” Baekhyun and Tao greeted her, curious to know what kind of person she was.

“Hi to you guys too. I’ve also known you through this jerk here. You are all very handsome, except for him.” Aecha teased, tilting her head to where Kris was

Kris stopped his blabbering with some girls to turn around and mocked in reply,

“Oh you're finally here? Guys, I take back what I said yesterday. You can call her ugly duck all you want. That really suits her, huh?”

“Ignore that jerk, shall we?”

She smiled sweetly at the group and ignored him for real. Exo smiled back at these two. They seemed to have a weird but good friendship. She chatted with them happily, getting to know them, while degrading Kris on the way.

The group was full of nice guys. And they were handsome too; no wonder girls would fangirl over them.

 

 Kris smiled inwardly, his Aecha was like that, really strong and confident. With him and Chanyeol as the bridge, she might be able to make some good friends. Although the guys were really good-looking, Kris found that they weren’t arrogant like him but actually quite nice. He thought as he did a silent smirk.

As they were chatting, the guys thought that Aecha was fun to talk to. Her appearance did turn them off while talking to her, but they could work on that later. When they get used to something, it will eventually be normal, right?

By the end of the class, she and the guys were already comfortable with each other. As Kris had predicted, Exo had a small group of fangirls already. They envied Aecha for being around so many hot guys. Too bad they couldn’t do anything about it.

 Aecha also talked with Chanyeol a lot. He mostly asked about Hana, and Aecha did her job of helping him by telling him what he wanted to know. They also set a few plans for Chanyeol to spend more time with Hana. Of course, Aecha had to be with her because Hana didn't like to be alone with boys. It wasn't much, but this was their first day of being allies so more could happen as time would pass by.

Aecha knew that they would have a long way to go. Three years to be exact. Aecha predicted. On this long way, they both could get what they wanted.

Aecha could spend more time with Chanyeol, and maybe if she was lucky, he would notice her; Oh, don’t get your hopes up, Aecha, she reminded herself.

And Chanyeol could court Hana as he intended to. He thought it would be easy, but little did he know Hana was a very hard-to-get kind of girl. By very, he should know that she was indeed very hard-to-get.

Aecha was quite afraid though.

With Hana’s personality, she knew that Chanyeol wouldn’t get what he wanted soon. Well, not until after graduation anyway, so she didn’t have to worry about stirring Hana's feelings for the time being.

What she was worried about was her feelings. 

What if she fell too deeply in love and couldn’t get herself out? She's never been loved by any guy and would she ever be loved in return? Would Chanyeol ever love her or would he be like her and fall too deep for Hana instead?

Although she thought like that, Aecha couldn’t help but to do as her heart told her to, which was spending time with him, loving him little by little.

Nothing could force her not to love him.

The poster goes to ElleJacobs