Chapter 55.

Love Story of An Ugly Girl.

The pair continued to lay there on the bed, awkward silence enveloped them both. During that time, neither of them said anything. Chanyeol pulled Aecha even closer to him as time progressed, she didn’t protest so Chanyeol thought she had given in to him.

In fact, Aecha would have relished the feeling of Chanyeol being beside her if guilt didn’t eat her up inside. She had promised not to be too intimate with him, however, things were going in the opposite direction instead. After today, they would be back to normal colleagues. Would Aecha be able to endure it? There was also the girl he said he liked. Aecha felt like she was being unfair to her. Chanyeol liked this girl, not her. It was the bitter truth. And as much as she savored the feeling of being in his arms, she had to pull away. She had to distance herself from him. It was better that way.

Placing her hands on his arms, Aecha tried to pry them off her waist, but it was to no avail. This resulted in Chanyeol tightening his grip ever so slightly around her waist, pulling the said girl closer to his chest.

“What are you doing? Let me go.” Aecha attempted to struggle out of his embrace, but he just wouldn’t let her go. It was quite frustrating for her and a frustrated sigh slipped past her lips.

“No, I don’t want to let you go. Just let me just hug you, ok? I promise I wouldn’t do anything.” The brunette boy stated firmly, he was starting to grow irritated due to the constant struggling of the girl. When he reflected back on the past, she was never like that when they were in high school. He had stolen many kisses from her then and she said nothing. Why wouldn’t she let him hug her?

Aecha was simply frustrated by his stubbornness.

Who does he think he is?

She couldn’t wrap her mind around the fact that he was like this after three years. He thought he could do anything he wanted?

Boy, was he wrong!

In addition to that, he said  that he liked someone. Why would he hug girl randomly like that? What was wrong with him? He wasn't being faithful to the other girl at all. Aecha couldn’t get him.

“Park Chanyeol, what is wrong with you? If you don’t let me go this instant, I’ll scream,” Aecha snapped harshly at him.

Chanyeol stiffened at her words. Would she really scream on him?

He just wanted to hug her, that’s all. All his intentions were chaste. But this made him wonder if she really hated him after three years.

Loosening his grip ever so slightly, Chanyeol buried his face into the crook of her neck. He kissed her hair before pressing his lips to Aecha's neck.  Chanyeol muttered in a dejected tone, “Do you hate me that much? I just want to embrace you.”

Becoming alarm due to the tone of his voice, Aecha asked, her voice and visage softening a little.

“I don’t hate you. But why are you being like this? I just don’t understand you.”

Chanyeol didn’t say anything, but he kept on placing butterfly kisses along the nape of her neck, and her shoulders. The black haired girl would involuntary shiver each time his lips touched her exposed skin. Though she put on a hard façade, his touch still did weird things to her body. Aecha couldn’t help it, Chanyeol held too much power over her traitorous body. If her mind wasn’t clear enough, she would have given in to him for real and enjoy the kisses. The female would also enjoy the warmth that emitted from him which she loved.

If only he was the one for her.

“Tell me, why are you being like this?” Aecha pressed on further. She couldn't comprehend his intentions fully. Needless to say, she was confused. The woman could feel Chanyeol tense behind her back, but he didn’t dare to utter a word.

Having heard that she said that she didn’t hate him, Chanyeol was encouraged a lot. He just wanted to say what he really felt already. He wanted to pour his heart out to her, but he was still unsure.

She continued to ask him a variety of questions, questions that he knew the answers perfectly. Should he confess to her now? He was having an internal battle with his mind.

How would she react after she knew his reason behind his actions? If she didn’t like him back, the last thing he wanted her to do is to avoid him once again.

They once again lay there in a blanket of silence, Aecha still awaited his response and Chanyeol was lost in his thoughts. Should he confess to her? 

After what felt like forever to both of them, Chanyeol finally managed to mutter in a small voice, afraid  of her reaction, “Aecha-ah, I love you.”

 

Aecha could feel her heart palpitate in her chest upon hearing his words. She blinked several times, trying to see if this was a dream or not.

Chanyeol said he loved her? Did he really say that?

In a trembling voice that Aecha tried so hard to keep it normal, she questioned again, “What did you just say?”

Chanyeol spoke again, more firmly and confidently this time around, “I said I loved you. I really do.”

At first, he didn’t receive any reaction from the female. Then her shoulders shook in his arms and her body trembled. Chanyeol panicked, he turned her front to him. Making a move to reach for the bedside lamp, Chanyeol turned it brighter and gazed at Aecha's countenance with gentle eyes.

However, she was covering her face with her hand. Struggling slightly, the male had successfully managed to pry her hands off her face. The sight before him shocked him, to say the least.

Tears were streaming down her cheeks, she was crying her heart out. Her eyes were casted down and she avoided his gaze. She didn't want him to see her like this.

Chanyeol couldn't comprehend the situation, why was she crying? Did he do something wrong? With concern evident in his voice, he asked gently, “Aecha, why are you crying?”

But Aecha didn’t answer him. She continued to cry like there was no tomorrow.

After a few minutes, Aecha got a grip of her emotions, and she finally looked up at Chanyeol, her eyes brimmed with tears as she hiccupped, “I…I love you too. I…I’ve…always loved you.”

After confessing, Aecha practically lunged herself at Chanyeol. She hooked her arms around his neck as she continued to cry in Chanyeol's chest, wetting his shirt in the process.

This was all surreal. She couldn’t believe it. After six years of knowing and loving him, he finally said he loved her.

Finally, her love was reciprocated.