Epilogue.

Love Story of An Ugly Girl.

The sun was shining brightly, but it wasn’t too hot outside. It was an autumn afternoon after all. In the back yard, two little children were playing.

“You can have mine,” the chubby boy said as he pushed the car toy into the girl’s hand, who was sitting beside him.

He looked at her expectantly then pouting in disappointment when the little girl threw it away angrily.

“I told you I don’t like it,” the young girl stated with a huff.

Picking up the car toy, the boy explained in a whiny voice, “But it’s my favorite and I’m giving it to you.”

“I don’t like it. Why don’t you understand? Mummy!!” The girl shouted loudly in frustration and that made the boy’s eyes widen in panic.

Oh, oh, it was not good.

He thought so, scooping down to appease his buddy. Seems like, he had pushed her past her limit with his toy.

===

Aecha sat on the porch, watching the kids interact and chuckled to herself.  The whole scene was amusing and Aejin, her baby girl, was calling for her. But Aecha knew that there was absolutely nothing to worry about.

Suddenly, she felt two arms snaking around her waist from behind. The woman didn't need to turn back, Aecha could tell who it was already.

“How is my baby doing?” Chanyeol murmured by her ear, then he kissed it lovingly. Splaying his large hand over her belly bump, he rubbed it in circles gently.

“Your baby? She is playing over there.” Aecha pretended not to understand his question and pointed to where Aejin was.

Chanyeol turned Aecha around so she was facing him, he pouted.

Oh boy, her man could never grow up.

Grinning at his pouty face, Aecha clasped her hands behind his nape, leaning up she pecked him on the lips and answered, for real this time.

“I’m fine, but he kicked me sometimes. It’s tiring.”

Chanyeol’s eyes widened in surprise when he caught something odd in what Aecha just said.

“He? You know our baby’s gender?”

Aecha couldn't help but laughing out loud in realization. 

Oops, she sent the wrong message!

“No, I don’t. Since it has been kicking me so much, I’m thinking that this time, it’s a boy.”

Chanyeol’s face fell fractionally in disappointment, he thought that Aecha knew. But he recovered fast enough and leaned down, pressing his ear into Aecha’s belly.

Aecha stilled a bit in surprise, she then relaxed and combed her fingers through his soft hair, caressing his scald.

Chanyeol was whispering something to their baby, but Aecha couldn’t really catch what he said. 

Why couldn’t he just say it loudly?

“What have you just said?”

Aecha cocked her head to the side and asked Chanyeol when he had leaned back to face her.

“Nah, I won’t tell you. It’s our father-son secret!” said Chanyeol as he waved his index finger at her and grinned evilly.

She rolled her eyes at his childish tactic, but then something dawned on her, she looked at him like he was an idiot.

“You believed my words just now, that it’s a boy? You said father-son secret.”

“Nope, I just want to have a baby boy this time. We already have Aejin as our princess.”

Aecha smiled at him. Yes, Aecha wanted a baby boy too. They already had a baby girl. If it were a baby boy that she was carrying, it would be perfect.

Her Aejin was the nicest girl ever. She was obedient, and they raised her well. She had a caring dad, and a not-so-good mother; Aecha wanted to think that to herself. Alright, she was a good mother too, but compared to Chanyeol, Aecha saw that she was never good enough.

He was the best husband ever.

“Yo man, how is my beautiful Aaron doing? Did you treat him well when my wife and I were away?” 

Kris’s loud voice broke Aecha’s train of thought. He was still as annoying and cocky as usual. Even though that man was 27 years old already, Kris could still annoy Aecha with his voice alone.

One good thing about him was that Kris was also a good husband. He was nearly as good as her Chanyeol, but that “jerk” could never beat Chanyeol in this category.

Well, he better be good or else Aecha would kick his , because no one could mess with her best friend, Hana.

===

Yes, Kris was now Hana’s husband.

After Chanyeol left 7 years ago to find Aecha, Hana was depressed for a long time. After all, Chanyeol was her first love. Though she could tell that Chanyeol never really loved her in their two years together, Hana did love him very much.

So when he left, she was devastated, she felt lonely.

Because Hana was close to the Aecha’s mom, she often went there to talk with the kind woman. Talking with her made Hana feel less lonely, and that was how she and Kris got closer. Kris was at Aecha’s house often too, but with a different reason. He liked his aunt’s cooking. He often went there to get his free meals.

He never felt anything romantic towards Hana before because he knew that Chanyeol liked the girl. But since Chanyeol had left her behind, Kris felt bad for her. When he was at Aecha’s house, Kris started talking more with Hana, being her company.

Then, love bloomed between them without them noticing it.

===

Several years had passed and they were now husband and wife.

Their relationship lasted two years before they tied the knot at the church. It didn’t have as many ups and downs as Aecha’s relationship, but Aecha could tell that they loved each other not less.

Chanyeol and Hana were quite awkward around each other at first, it was inevitable, but as time passed, they became more comfortable with each other.

What was in the past, let it rest there for the better.

Now, the two families were very close to each other. Kris trusted Aecha and Chanyeol enough to leave his baby at their house when he and Hana had to go away for a day.

The annoying Kris was back.

Chanyeol’s face brightened up when he saw Kris and Hana.

Finally!

He loved Aaron and all, but that little boy just glued to his Aejin all the time, making it impossible for Chanyeol to have some quality time with his daughter.

Chanyeol went to Hana and hugged her, a welcome back hug. Kris walked over to pick Aaron up and kissed his cheek, but Aaron struggled out of his dad’s embrace to join Aejin on the ground again. Kris looked at his little boy for a moment in surprise.

“Oh hey, Aecha! Did you put anything in Aaron’s food? How come he is smitten by your Aejin and is ignoring me?”

He looked at Aecha with a shocking face. He then bent over so that he was at Aaron’s height and whispered in the boy’s ear, “Baby boy, do you want to be auntie’s son-in-law?”

Kris smirked at Aaron, hoping to see his son's reaction to his teasing question. But to Kris dismay, Aaron blinked up at him in confusion.

“What is son-in-law, dad?”

Aecha looked at them fondly. Kris was stupid sometimes for a bright man. Aaron was just four years old, just like her Aejin. Of course, he wouldn’t know what it means.

Their kids just got along well. Aejin and Aaron were legally to marry each other. But that matter was shouldn’t be worried about for now. Their children were still too young for them to be worried over those things. Plus, Kris was probably just teasing his son.

Leaning on her hands to support her heavy body, Aecha looked at their big family from the porch and smiled happily.

She thanked God for letting her be with Chanyeol.

She was an ugly girl, it was difficult for her to find her true love.

But it was worth it all.

Her life now was perfect.

She really couldn’t ask for more.

 

===The End=== 

 

This epilogue is the same in both stories!

A ty epilogue for ya y readers :))

Let out the beast.