Chapter 35.

Love Story of An Ugly Girl.

After his failed confession, Chanyeol and Hana were pretty awkward around each other. As much as they tried to play it cool like nothing had happened, other friends and classmates could still tell something was off between the two of them.

 

And Chanyeol didn’t like that fact. He didn’t confess so that he and Hana would drift apart. So, he asked Aecha to help him with the matter again. Because of the event, Aecha became their go-between one more time. The three of them would hang out together like they did in the first year of high school. By the end of second year, things were back like how it started. Though the was a difference that Hana had paid attention to Chanyeol much more now. To the outside world, the girl didn’t show her interest in him whatsoever, but inside her heart, she knew Chanyeol’s position had changed significantly. She had never reacted to any guy like that before. So, his efforts didn’t go to waste after all, he just didn’t know about it, for now.

 

Ever since they entered high school, Exo had been popular among the girls. Just like how Kris had expected, they soon had their own fan club inside the school. No doubts about it, it was predictable based on their appearances and good personalities.

 

That was popularity among the girls. What about among the guys? The popular one was Hana. The studious girl didn’t really want any attentions from the public, and she wasn’t the only pretty girl in their school. But the fact that she often hung out with Exo, and she was constantly beside a wallflower girl like Aecha made her unwanted popularity. Plus, she was known to not date anyone, which made her a challenging target for the guys. Good guys and bad guys, they all wanted to conquer the maiden’s heart. And there was this guy named Minwoo, who also let his interest in her be known.

 

Minwoo was the principal’s son, and he was a player. He slept around with a lot of girls but he wasn’t serious with anyone. Some of them was willingly with him, some of them forcedly. And he wanted Hana to be one of the girls he had laid his hands on. To him, it's just simple as that. Another trophy to add to his collection.

 

Aecha knew about him right after she entered high school; he had his reputation after all, bad or not. Not like Hana, Aecha gossiping here and there if she had the chances to, or she would listen to others’ gossips. And Aecha knew that his reputation wasn’t clean, soiled even.

 

The principal was a strict teacher, and he was also a strict father. She has heard about him, she also witnessed him punishing people in her school. And Aecha still didn’t understand how Minwoo could play around right under his father’s nose. There was this rumour that he and his father had conflicts between them. Was that why the principal turned a blind eye to his son's mischief? Aecha wasn't so sure because the principal was a good man. Strict indeed but fair and good man nonetheless. She wondered why Minwoo got off the principal's radar. Minwoo was punished once, or twice by his father; but it’s due to small things like being late to class or skipping classes. The reason was nothing serious like sleeping around with innocent girls and dumping them afterwards. Aecha really didn’t understand how Minwoo could do it without his father knowing. His dirty actions were only known by the students, the teachers didn’t know about it either.

 

How Aecha hoped his father would catch him doing his dirty deed one day! And the bad guy would be expelled.

 

Aecha despised him so much that she didn’t want to cross road with him, ever. Not that he would have anything to do with a girl like her. But he did want something, with Hana.

 ..................... 

As the two girls were walking down the hallway to get home, Minwoo blocked their path.

 

“Hi Hana, I want to ask if you could help me with my Math? I can’t solve some problems.” He started politely, regarding Hana with contempt glinting in his eyes.

 

“Sorry, but I’m quite busy lately. I’m afraid I couldn’t help you.”

 

Hana also smiled back at him out of courtersy.

 

“You can help me right now. It won’t take long,” suggested Minwoo, already the plan took place in his head.

 

“But, it’s late. I have to get home.” Hana denied immediately. She just wanted to get home.

 

Hana was right; it was late. Aecha was afraid she and Hana were the last students to leave the library, and the school was now void of people. Minwoo was the only person here with them. And that’s what got Aecha worried. She sensed that Minwoo wanted something bad, really bad from Hana like he was known to do that to other girls too. Aecha suspected that Minwoo was sweet-talking with Hana at the moment, then he would reveal his true self later.

 

If her suspicion were right, the situation would be dangerous to them, or to Hana exactly. What if the bastard was tired of sweet-talking with Hana, and he would do something reckless instead? He was known to do that before, if the gossips Aecha heard about were true.

 

While Hana were busying with talking to Minwoo, thousands of possibilities about what could happen came to Aecha’s mind. She was becoming more and more scared. And, Aecha decided that they should escape as soon as possible; just in case Minwoo showed his bad side.

 

Grabbing Hana's arm, Aecha pulled Hana to the side, ready to leave and told Minwoo quickly,

 

“Sorry, but we are in a hurry. It is getting darker and darker, we should get home.”

 

Hana was a bit surprised, but she let Aecha pull her to the side. However, he stepped in front of them again, glaring at Aecha.

 

“I’m asking her, not you. It’s none of your business. You could leave first.”

 

 

Aecha glared right back at him, pulling Hana closer to her side. Hana maybe clueless to his true purpose, but Aecha was sure about what he wanted now. And, don’t he dare touch her Hana!

 

“Well, I’m telling you. We are in a hurry, so excuse us!”

 

Because their front path was blocked, Aecha turned around, went on another way, pulling along a wide eyed Hana, who didn’t know why Aecha was so fierce to Minwoo all of a sudden. Aecha walked fast, hoping to meet someone else that was still lingering in the school. Anyone was fine; they needed other people there with them. But they just walked for about three steps then Hana's other arm was grabbed by Minwoo, pulling her back.

 

Aecha felt chill running down her spine as she also came to a stop by the pull. Things were going to a bad direction.

 

He chuckled darkly, revealing his true self to the world. He had wanted to play it nice just now, asking Hana to come with him politely. However, Aecha was so feisty. Then so was he. Two could play that game.

 

“Not so fast girl, I’m talking to you. Who do you think I am?”

 

He smirked arrogantly as he said that part. Surely, they must have heard about his name before and he bet that they would be very scared of him now.

 

“Yeah, who are you by the way? Your face is familiar but I don’t recall knowing you. Why do you suddenly want me to help you with your math problems?”

 

Hana asked clueless, making Aecha face-palm herself. Just where in the world did this girl live that she didn’t know about Minwoo? Aecha really wanted to know it.

 

Her question also made Minwoo’s cocky smirk drop; he stared at her for a moment to see if she was being serious, or she was just mocking him by pretending to not know him. After a moment, he realized with an injured pride that Hana really didn't know him, judging by the blunt curiosity in her eyes that she was giving him. How could she study here for two years and not knowing about him? There was no one in that school that didn’t know him, Min-ing-woo! Even though his reputation was nothing to be brag about, he was proud of it nonetheless. That was such a humiliation for him if Hana didn’t know about him. So he snarled in Hana's face.

 

“You can’t possibly never know about me. So don’t play innocent! That won’t help you get away from me anyway.”

 

Hana turned to look at Aecha in question, then she turned back to face Minwoo.

 

“Excuse me! Get away from you? Why would I do it?”

 

Now, Hana’s curiosity was really piqued. He was saying things that she didn’t know, but Aecha seemed to understand it perfectly.

 

“You want to know why? Come with me and I’ll show you. Come.”

 

He tugged Hana with him. Hana struggled to get away; she was curious but that didn’t mean she wanted to go with him. And Aecha held her back quickly.

 

What was happening had Aecha panicked. It would end badly; Aecha had to think of something to do fast!