Chapter 16.

Love Story of An Ugly Girl.

A few days later, Hana was over Aecha’s house for them to study together. Since they wanted a girl’s night, they didn’t invite Chanyeol, just the two of them study and talked. Aecha wanted to know Hana's feelings toward Chanyeol, seeing if it's still as she predicted?

“So after a quite long while of being friend with Chanyeol, what do you think about him? As good as I said?”

Hana smiled a little then answered, pausing on solving her math homework a bit,

“He is very childish, just as you said. But I notice, he can be attentive if he wants. Though he seems a bit tensed around me, more relaxed around you.” Hana frowned a little as she said that.

“Right, our ice princess can scare people even when she doesn’t intend to. So powerful.” Aecha teased, trying to distract Hana from her down mood. It’s not Hana's fault Chanyeol acted like that around her. 

“Well, you should be honored to be by her side all the time then.” Hana talked back playfully then went back with her math problems. Hm, why were those so hard to solve? They have been depending on Chanyeol a little too much, not really good.

 

Seeing that Hana had turned back with her math, Aecha took out her whitening cream and dabbed some of it on her face, neck,... She has been taking care of her skin for quite a while already. It’s a bit dry and tan but not too bad. But she wanted it softer and a bit whiter. Any part of her traits that she could make better, she would. She wanted Chanyeol to notice her for being herself, but she also wanted to be beautiful for him. That’s if they would ever be together, which seemed impossible as of now.

It’s good that Hana, as always, still didn’t care much about guys surrounding her. It'd give Aecha her chance.

Finishing applying the creamy substance, Aecha looked at her face in the mirror for a while then asked Hana,

“Hey, you know my teeth. Do you think I should wear brace?”

Hana paused again, this time placing her pen on the desk and looked at Aecha in the mirror,

“Aecha, I think you would need your jaw broken and reset forward.”

“What? That serious?” Aecha spun around to face Hana, surprised and a bit worry. She, like most of the girls, was very scared of pain. And gosh, that sounded painful.

“Yeah, you have a big overbite, which was caused by your bottom jaw growing backwards and your top teeth growing over. When you redefine your jaw, you could wear braces. It would help make your teeth look in place more,” explained Hana in a calm voice.

“Wait, wait! Why do you know so much about my teeth?” 

Aecha had to stop the girl, couldn't take in all the information.

“You said you had a check-up on your teeth when you were 10, right? I asked your mother about the results.”

“But this time, my mother said my teeth were fine,” now, Aecha was confused.

“You were small at the time, she just didn’t want to scare you off. We all know how you’re scared of the pain. Speaking of it, why do you suddenly want to have you teeth fixed?”

Because I want to be beautiful for someone, Aecha thought that in mind, but she avoided the question,

“Do you think I need to?”

Aecha asked that just to get some support from her best friend, because deep down she knew she needed to. Her teeth were horrible, not forget to mention her jaws.

“Yeah, I think you do. Actually, your mother asked me to persuade you into this before. But I know you are afraid so I didn’t do as she had asked. I’m glad that you want to have your teeth treated.”

Hana smiled a little to encourage Aecha. Hana knew the girl asked that because she were still very afraid. Have your jaw broken and reset forward, even hearing those words, we could feel the pain.

“Will it take long for my teeth to be in place if I wear braces?”

“2 or 3 years, at least. It’s when you’re 10. Now that you have grown up, I don’t know how long it would take but I think it would take a few years. You really should do it, it’ll be worth the pain you might come through.”

Hana advised again. She had nothing against Aecha's appearance but guys surely did. It would be great if Aecha were a bit more beautiful.

Aecha contemplated the options. It would take her a few years at least, when her teeth were fixed, would it be too late? Would Chanyeol wait for her then?

But again, she really wanted to be pretty. She wanted it very much.

There was also this pain waiting for her, pain of redefining her jaw, of wearing braces.

The pros and cons of doing it. Should she try? Or not?