Chapter 27.

Love Story of An Ugly Girl.

Summer continued; Aecha was still being at home to rest. Her jaw healed very fast, and it also made her face looked a bit different. Only a bit smaller and sharper than before. Not much, but the surgery mostly affected her jawbone. Her face had traits other than her jaw that made it look ugly, and Aecha was contented with that small change. Aecha looked at herself in the mirror, turning left and right to see clearly, smiling slightly; she wondered how Chanyeol would react when he saw her face after the surgery. Well, he had seen it before, but at that time, there were still bandages on her face. Without them, her face could be seen clearly and Aecha wanted to know his reaction to her change.

 

Speaking of Chanyeol, after the visit a while ago that surprised Aecha, he hadn’t gone to see her anymore. Aecha wondered if it was really like he had said and she would have to wait until after this summer for them to be normal around each other again. But Aecha didn't know, Chanyeol had come to her house twice; and in both occasions, she was out to go and have a check-up at the hospital. That was why they hadn't met for a few weeks. After those two failed attempts, Chanyeol thought it’s fated that he should hang out Hana, and forgot about his playing friend then. Aecha was only his playing friend, wasn’t she? He didn’t know how he felt about her, but being around Aecha made him feel very comfortable and happy. And, Chanyeol couldn’t wait until he could hang out with Aecha normally again. 

 

Two months of summer ended much liked how Chanyeol planned it to be. He hung out with Hana all the time, once he could get over Aecha. His effort was paid off; because the girl had opened up to him much more than when they were in school year. They would do extra study during summer time, but in between tiring study sessions, they would talk more about random things, getting to know each other. Hana still avoided talking about personal stuffs like her crushes, or her ex-boyfriends if she had any. And, Chanyeol respected her, he didn’t ask further than what he should ask. Well, he could ask Aecha whatever he wanted to know about Hana anyway. It was no use pushing Hana to tell him when he could ask Aecha instead.

 

Much to Chanyeol's delight and Aecha’s disappointment, Chanyeol didn’t miss Aecha like he thought he would. The first month was bad without their little moments, but as time went by, he felt better and Aecha slowly faded in his mind . Hanging out with his friends, family and Hana took up most of his time so he didn't have time to miss her. Plus, Chanyeol tried not to think about Aecha if he could, well he succeeded. Aecha, on the other hand, had nothing much to do. She just stayed at home and rested all day; it was very boring for her. So, she had plenty of time to fancy about Chanyeol and wondered why he didn’t visit her anymore. A lot of waiting without result, Aecha just hoped that when school came around, they could have more time together.

 

Two days before school year started again, Chanyeol came to Aecha's house to visit her, and maybe they could make some plans for their ally activities in the second year. It was the extra thing to do, the main purpose was for him to visit the girl. He hadn’t seen her in nearly two months, and he wondered how she had changed. Arriving at her doors, he still had her mom to open the doors for him, their joke was forgotten by him and Chanyeol wasn’t really excited to meet Aecha like he was two months ago.

 

People changed, feelings changed!

 

“Oh, hi Chanyeol! I didn’t expect to meet you, son!” Mrs. Park winked at him and initiated the joke. Well, it was not really a joke to her because she really hoped Chanyeol would be her son-in-law one day.

 

Chanyeol felt awkward for a moment, he didn't remember their small joke and didn't know how to react. But, with childish personality, he caught onto her mom's happy mood in an instant. He grinned back, not wanting to upset the lovely woman so he'd play along with her again.

“Hi, mother-in-law. I’ve been a little busy playing around, he he. Can I meet Aecha?”

“Yes, of course, she is in her room! But, don’t let Aecha hear me know I call you son. She would kill me.”

She reminded him teasingly, making Chanyeol smiled broader.

I see. It's our little secret. I'd go now.” Chanyeol bowed slightly at her and went up stair to find Aecha.

 

Chanyeol knocked twice on her door, but he got no respond. Chanyeol then smiled mischievously to himself, getting a small idea in his mind. He turned the knob slowly and got himself inside her room. Oh, she was sitting on a chair by her desk, her back to him with the headphones on. 

That’s why she didn’t hear him knock just now. Chanyeol walked toward Aecha silently, taking her headphones off and covering her eyes with his hands when he got to stand behind her. Resting his head on her left shoulder, Chanyeol asked in a slightly girly voice, hoping Aecha couldn't detect his voice.

“Guess who?”

Smiling slightly, Chanyeol enjoyed his childish game and he wondered if Aecha could recognize him.

Aecha thought for a little while, guessing people in her mind. His voice was low, he tried to mark it but Aecha could still tell it's low. But, it was not anything like Kris's voice. So, it must be…who else beside Chanyeol? And, only him or Kris would be close enough to try this game on her. It must be Chanyeol! Her heart leaped at the realization, and it was starting to beat faster. God knew how much she had missed him for all those months. She wanted nothing more than to see his face now. Placing her hands on his, which were covering her eyes, Aecha pried them off forcefully. She then turned briefly to her left in hope of looking at him.

 

“Chanye…”, Aecha called out.

 

Aecha's eyes widened; her heart stopped beating this second, and she froze on the spotted. Her voice was muffled because Aecha had accidentally pressed her lips on his.