Chapter 51.

Love Story of An Ugly Girl.

Aecha looked away really fast from Chanyeol so he couldn’t see her teary eyes. Chanyeol could still see something glisten in her eyes, but because the green light was on Chanyeol couldn’t delve on that thought, he had to continue driving and let go of Aecha’s hand.

Taking a long breath to keep her emotions in check, Aecha asked Chanyeol in a cracking voice.

 “Why did you guys break up?”

Chanyeol shook his head, answered sadly.

 “We are just incompatible.”

Aecha could feel her heart racing, so Chanyeol was now single and available? Furthermore, they were in the same company. Had her chance finally come? She didn’t know if she could forgive all his mistakes from years ago, but there was one thing for sure, that was Aecha still loved him, a little too much.

Seeing Aecha was in deep thought, Chanyeol cleared his throat and continued, “Besides, there is someone else capturing my heart.”

Chanyeol glanced from the road to Aecha from time to time, trying to see her reaction. However, Aecha was still facing away from him, not saying anything.

Her heart had dropped one more time at his words. So he had someone else already? In the end, he would never love a girl like her, an ugly girl? She got her hope up for nothing, she better knew it from the start.

Biting her lips hard, Aecha tried to keep her tears that were ready to spill out once more. Why must he do it to her? Making her get her hope up then crush it. Chanyeol really liked playing with her, didn’t he?

But she guessed, she still had to give some comments to the news he just gave her. So Aecha asked in the most normal voice she could mutter.

“Really? Do I know her? How are you two doing?”

Chanyeol chewed his lower lip, thinking of some good answers that wouldn’t freak her out. He had wanted to confess to Aecha, but base on the way she was treating him, he was not sure the girl still loved him or not. She was quite feisty with him, like she couldn’t wait to get away from him. He wasn’t sure anymore.

When she answered him that she hadn’t loved anyone in her time in New York, Chanyeol was very happy. Maybe he still had a chance. She said she loved him before, but it was three years ago. What if after his rejection, she didn’t love him anymore?

He didn’t want to risk her hating him when it’s so hard to find her. So Chanyeol would play in the safe zone for now.

 “Uh, yeah, you know her quite well. But we are not in good term right now. I’m not sure if she still loves me or not.”

Aecha smiled a little, Chanyeol was being insecure. Though it was not about her, she still found him cute. She forced the words out of her lips and assured him.

 “Don’t worry. You are a good guy, I’m sure she…she loves you so much.”

The part “she loves you so much” was stuck in . It was what Aecha always wanted to tell him. She had told him once, but he never reciprocated. Maybe they weren’t meant to be.

Chanyeol’s eyes lit up hearing what Aecha said, he asked before he could even think.

 “Do you love me?”

Aecha’s heart stopped beating for a moment. Her eyes widened as she digested his words. Was there any chance that…? Straightening in her seat, turning to face him, Aecha asked one more time just to be sure, her voice in alarm, “What do you mean?”

Only then did Chanyeol realize what he said, he stammered.

“I mean…uh…I mean if you were in her shoes, would you love me still?”

Aecha slumped back in her seat, disheartened. She got her hope up too high again. There was no way Chanyeol would love her. She should help him with his love then. Maybe when he had found the love of his life, she could finally be able to let him go.

“Don’t worry. Just care for her, love her like you want. She’ll love you soon enough.”

Chanyeol stopped his car in front of her apartment buildings, not wanting to let Aecha go yet. He wanted to spend more time with her, care for her, love her like he wanted. Like Aecha just advised him, but seems like Aecha had other thing in mind. She fidgeted with the car door’s handle the moment it stopped. It seemed like she couldn’t wait to get away from him.

Chanyeol reached for her hand, stopping her.

 “I’ll take you to work tomorrow.”

Aecha shook her head immediately, “You don’t have to.”

“No, I want to.”

Chanyeol insisted, he’d make her fall for him all over again. First things first, he had to spend as much time with her as possible.

“Would the girl you like misunderstand us?”

Aecha frowned, she didn’t want to appear like a third wheeler.

 “No, don’t worry. I’ll be there at 6:45 tomorrow. Be prepared.”

With that said, Chanyeol opened the door and ushered her out. He then drove away, not letting Aecha refuse.

He knew he was acting stupid, but he wouldn’t let go of Aecha this time.