Chapter 18.

Love Story of An Ugly Girl.

Aecha's parents decided her surgery would be a week after her birthday. The surgery and the braces afterward would cost an arm and a leg. They would give it to her as her sixteenth birthday gift. Aecha was contented with that arrangement. She had made up her mind and expected it, as well as her birthday.

 

As she and Kris went to the gym class, they met up with Exo guys here. Lay was the first one to mention Aecha's birthday once he spotted her,

“Hey Aecha! Get any plan for your birthday?”

Aecha blinked at him, surprised. Usually, she would only celebrate her special day with Kris, Hana and her parents. No one beside them had remembered her birthday before. This question threw her off guard. But, she was spazzing inside her head, hoping the guys would prepare something for her birthday. That's the reason why Lay asked her now, right?

“Um, nothing in particular.”

“We should go have fun somewhere on that day, shouldn’t we?”,  suggested Baekhyun.

“We should go back to the amusement park. Last time I went there with Aecha, it was so much fun. Right, Aecha?” throwing his arm across Baekhyun’s shoulder, Chanyeol grinned broadly at Aecha.

“Woah, ugly duck! You got a secret date? I really can’t underestimate you,” Kris teased Aecha, making her blush hard.

Shooting him a look for calling her that in front of the guys, Aecha ignored him, trying to keep her flush hidden and answered Baekhyun coolly,

“It’s good idea. I would be happy to spend my birthday with you guys. That’s, if you don’t mind.”

Aecha didn’t want to push her luck. Spending her special day with a group of handsome guys was all she could ask for. Especially with Chanyeol going, too, it would be heaven for her.

“Of course, we don’t mind at all. I’ll get more stuffed toys for you this time, trust me," assured Chanyeol.

He then turned to Kris, "Hey Kris, I got her an stuffed Angry bird last time. I want her to see you everywhere. Best friend you got here.”

Chanyeol winked at Kris, willing him to tease the girl, and the tall guy caught the drift in an instant,

“Oh, really? Aecha, you must love it to death, right? Hug it to sleep every night, don't you?”

Aecha flushed momentarily, it’s indeed what she did every night, it’s Chanyeol's gift for her after all. Even when it represented Kris, she loved it. Though, she made a face and retorted,

“Dream on, jerk.”

Suddenly, Chanyeol remembered someone, another someone he wanted to be near on Aecha's birthday,

“Ah, invite Hana along. That girl needs to relax once in a while, like seriously, she studies all the time.”

“I will. She is my best friend, remember? She will go.”

 

Chanyeol frowned, thought to himself a little. He had been neglecting their relationship lately. He didn’t think much of the girl as he used to do. Is it a good thing or not? Hana wouldn't date him anyway. Maybe, it’s best to stay in friend zone with her for the time being, like what Aecha had always told him.

As Chanyeol thought of being freind-zoned, he dismissed the thought immediately. He should have tried better to make her fall for him, not giving up so soon. He must be different from all the guys who had hit on her, he wouldn't give up like them.

Nothing he wanted that he couldn’t have. Besides, he really liked the girl, right?

Chanyeol nodded to himself and slowly formed a small plan in his mind.

 

 Aecha's birthday was actually the first time Hana would hang out with him, no studies, no question, just the two of them. Oh keep dreaming, guy. There were that bunch of guys named Exo tagging along, and it was Aecha's birthday and not some date of him with Hana.

But still, if he tried, he could sneak some alone time with Hana. Maybe, with Aecha's help, his plan would go easier. She was the birthday girl, she would have more power on that day.

 

Well, let’s see how it would be.