Chapter 28.

Love Story of An Ugly Girl.

As their lips touched, Aecha's eyes widened fractionally. She was frozen on her chair, not knowing what to do, waiting for Chanyeol's move. Gradually, she relaxed and savored the sensation guiltily, taking advantage of the accident to kiss her crush, and she would be lying if she said she didn’t like it. It was actually her first kiss, well who would want to kiss a girl like her anyway? When she hadn’t had her jaw fixed, her face was terrible that no one wanted to see it up-close. Her first kiss for her first crush, whom Aecha fell for harder and harder as time passed; Aecha had nothing to regret about it. Aecha looked dazed, and her eyes fluttered closed a moment after their lips touched. And, in her moment of wondering, Aecha questioned if it’s also Chanyeol's first kiss?

Chanyeol hadn’t expected it to happen when he rested his chin on her shoulder and covered her eyes with his hands; he would never expect that to happen. It’s also his first kiss, and he didn’t plan on giving it to anyone soon; not even to Hana, and of course not to Aecha. Well, the guy just wanted to reserve it. But, when her lips met his own, Chanyeol found his body leaning in closer to hers. He didn't think he'd like the feeling of her lips on his like that. Seeing as Aecha had her eyes closed, Chanyeol felt like he should do something; so he pressed his lips on hers with a little force. Closing his eyes also, Chanyeol blanked his mind for a moment and just felt her lips on his. It’s so soft and he could felt her breath tickled his face, making his face heat up. 

Feeling the slight pressure Chanyeol put on her lips, Aecha smiled a little and felt warmth spread through out her body; she felt like hugging herself with glee. So, he chose to lean in instead of pulling back; it must mean something, right? Butterflies swarm in her stomach as they shared the moment. It was so innocent, just the pressure of one on another, but Aecha liked it very much. She never thought that her wrong move just now would make a wonderful kiss, one that she would remember all her life.

Chanyeol rested his hands on her shoulders comfortably, Aecha's hands on top of them because she had pried them off her eyes earlier. As the kissed went on, Aecha’s grips on his hands tightened, signaling that she was out of breath. It’s her first kiss after all and she didn’t know how to work it out.

Feeling her grips, Chanyeol snapped out of his dazed state. His brain began to work and he realized what he was doing. Pulling back quickly, he pushed Aecha forward in the progress so their lips would detach. Just now, he got lost in the moment.

As she was pushed forward, Aecha had her back to him again. Bringing her fingers to her lips, she touch them just to make sure she wasn’t dreaming. She could feel the touches of her fingers, so it was real?

OMG, they kissed.

Aecha screamed mentally, her heart was beating so fast it could burst.

On the other hand, Chanyeol stood up straight, biting his lips. He scratched the back of his nape and tried desperately to find anything to say; anything was fine! The awkward silent between the two was too much, both of them were still in shock. Finally, after a few seconds, Chanyeol exclaimed, 

“S-S-Sorry if I surprised you.” Chanyeol stuttered, “What happened just now is an accident, don't think much about it. Y-Yeah right, an accident.”

As Chanyeol said the word, he mentally kicked himself for it. Accident my , you obviously kissed her, a voice in his mind argued. But, at first it was really an accident, I just got carried away! Chanyeol countered back 

Aecha smiled at his awkward explanation. It seemed like, he was just as fluttered as she was. They were both taken by surprise by the kiss. She didn't know about him, but Aecha regretted nothing about this sweet surprise. Inhaling deeply to calm her erratically beating heart and to cool down her flush face, Aecha bit her lips slightly and turned around to face him. Their breath hitched in their throats when they looked into each other’s eyes. Wow, the after effect was strong! 

Aecha tried to state calmly, “Yeah, I understand what just happened. I won’t think anything about it differently, we’ll still be good friends, right? Or should I say we'd still be allies?” Aecha smiled a little to assure Chanyeol, making him believe her words just now.

Chanyeol didn’t know why he felt a pinch of disappointment as Aecha said she wouldn’t think about it differently. It was what he wanted her to do, yet he didn't like her admitting it out loud. But, he shrugged it off, trying to be normal and cool about the matter,

“Yeah right, me too; I won't think about it either. We won't mention it in the future, we'd be mature about this small accident. And of course, we are still good friends. And actually, I came here for this ally thingy. We need to make plans for our second year. Me and Hana were different now. She opened up to me much more this summer. I can feel that we are getting closer.”

Aecha's eyes casted down sadly when she heard him explaining his reason for the sudden visitting. It was about Hana again? And here she thought that Chanyeol actually came to play with her. But, what could she do about it? Biting her lips, Aecha looked up at him again and muttered a tight smile,

“Ok then, I see. Tell me what you guys have done this summer, and let's see our schedule for this year.”

Chanyeol nodded, and they focused on what they should do in the second year. They arranged their timetable so that they could hang out more in the upcoming year. Chanyeol left half an hour later with the promise of seeing Aecha at school soon.

The night ended with both of them doing anything but the thing they agreed with each other. Both of them lay on their beds, thinking about the kiss. They both forgot about the "won’t think differently about the accident" promise they made this afternoon, getting lost in their memories about it.

Touching her lips now and then, Aecha found herself smile like an idiot with no reason. It was obvious that Aecha had fallen even harder for him, now that they had something memorable together.  

About Chanyeol, he felt something deep inside his heart stirred, something he had tried to ignore all the summer.

If only he realized that he could bury it.