Chapter 39.

Love Story of An Ugly Girl.

Stopping in his track, Chanyeol narrowed his eyes at the guy facing him. Minwoo here wasn't a good sign.

"Oh, look who we meet here. Such a coincidence! Right, Chanyeol?" said Minwoo as he slowly came to a stop in front of the couple.

Chanyeol ignored him, he pushed Hana a little to hide her behind his body. Tightening his grip on her small hand, Chanyeol continued to walk, intending to walk past Minwoo and his friend. However, Minwoo wouldn’t let them go that easy.

"Why don't you greet me when I greet you? We are schoolmates. You are insulting me by ignoring me like this."

Minwoo pulled his friend named Jae with him, and together they blocked the couple's path one more time.

"What do you want?"

Chanyeol glared at Minwoo, his tall figure intimidating Minwoo a little, but Minwoo had tagged Jae along with him. And Jae was a good fighter, so Minwoo wasn’t afraid, he had his back up.

"Get right to the deed, shall we?" Minwoo offered, smiling evilly at Chanyeol.

"What?"

Chanyeol pulled Hana completely behind him and faced the two guys. Chanyeol was really worried now. He could deal with those bastards. He wasn’t afraid of getting hurt, but what if something bad happened to Hana? He would kill himself if he let it it happen. It was him who invited her out after all.

As soon as Chanyeol’s question left his lips, Minwoo replied.

"Jae, get him." 

Minwoo gestured the other guy to go and get Chanyeol. And of course, he would go for Hana. 

His friend named Jae nodded; he then lunged at Chanyeol and knocked him on the ground, wrestling with him. Chanyeol fought right back and growled at Minwoo to leave Hana alone.

Aecha's hands trembled in fear, she fumbled with her bag and took out her phone. Things were happening too fast for her to react.

Oh my god! What to do? What should I do?

Of course she'd help Hana. But Aecha wasn’t sure the three of them could fight against Minwoo and his friend. First things first, Aecha went to a nearby bench that had a good view of where the four people were at, and she put it there.

Done! Aecha did one last check on her phone. She then ran fast to Hana and Minwoo, Minwoo was trying to restrain Hana. Circling her arms around his waist from behind, Aecha held onto it tightly, taking him by surprise, and she pulled him back with all her strength. Minwoo was taken by surprise. He stumbled backwards, letting go of the grip he got on Hana and landing on Aecha, his back to her.

Once freed of restraint, Hana turned to look at her savior in surprise. She was about to say something, but she didn't have time to because Aecha screamed at her, "Hana, run to the end of this alley. There is a police station here, it's near. Hurry."
Aecha pointed to the said alley. The park they were at was near her house, so hopefully Hana knew what police station Aecha was talking about.

Hana nodded, understood what Aecha meant. She ran toward the alley, ready to go and find help. Suddenly, she stopped short in her track; she was hesitant. The alley was dark, very dark. There was not a single light in there, and it was late so she was scared of walking there alone.

"Just go, Hana."

Aecha held onto Minwoo tightly, wrapping her legs around his lower part to keep him down despite his struggle. Then, he stopped struggling abruptly to turn to look at Hana; which gave Aecha a few moments to gain back her strength. Sensing Hana’s hesitation, an idea popped out in Minwoo’s devil mind. He threatened, adding to Hana’s fear.

 

"Just go, pretty girl. I have another friend of mine waiting at the end of the alley and he'll get you for me. That’d be easier for all of us to end this fuss."

Glaring at the back of Minwoo’s head, Aecha bit her lip in distaste. She was sure he was lying. How was he supposed to know that Hana would go that way and to prepare his friend there? However, Hana seemed to believe him, because she just stood there, whimpering helplessly. The vulnerable girl was torn between going and not going. Aecha couldn't really blame her though. In her state of being panic, she would easily be affected by false threat, Hana wasn’t used to those kind of things. She was like a doll in glass case, Hana mostly stayed inside her house.

Easily seeing through Minwoo’s lie but not knowing how to explain it in a short amount of time, Aecha turned to look at Chanyeol, hoping to find other solution. Lucky for her, Chanyeol had just finished knocking Jae to the ground and Chanyeol was on top of that guy, pressing him down the hard pavement. Though he won over Jae, Chanyeol looked exhausted; he was out of breath already. And there were some bruises on his face. Aecha cheered for his victory in her mind despite her current state. Chanyeol's months of going to the gym with her didn't go to waste; this dork was pretty strong now.

"Chanyeol, go with Hana! Be fast!"

Aecha screamed her lung out, getting his attention. Chanyeol panted as he slowly stood up, his hands on his knees. He turned to see Aecha, then his eyes flicked to Hana, then they focused back on Aecha. He had vaguely listened to their conversation just then while he fought with Jae, and he knew what Aecha wanted him to do. But he didn't want to leave her here alone with two bad guys. No, he didn't want that.


"Just…go already."

Aecha gritted out with difficulty because Minwoo on top of her started struggling again.


"B-but, what about you?" Chanyeol stammered out his objection, he didn't want to leave here. His heart was torn apart at that moment.


"Just be fast. I can manage him for a while."
 

Chanyeol bit his lips hard, clenching his fists, he ran to Hana. Chanyeol didn’t want to do it but he was sure he couldn’t fight with Minwoo either. He could only run now, and he must be back fast. He couldn’t imagine how he’d feel if something happened to Aecha.

He never thought of it, but now that he was facing it, his heart cared for her more than he ever knew.

As soon as the coupled disappeared down the dark alley, Aecha finally let go of Minwoo to lie flat on the ground, taking much needed breaths. Her back was hurting because of all the friction made with the cement ground.

Minwoo swing his arms around, wanting to hurt Aecha as he got up in an instant.

"What the is wrong with you, you ugly ? Why do you always have to stick your damn nose in my business?"

His upper arm hit her stomach and Aecha clutched onto it in pain. Rolling over on her stomach, Aecha slowly got onto her knees and finally she stood up to face him. Well, she had to deal with this bastard for a while. Hopefully, she would survive this disaster night.

===

Chanyeol and Hana ran fast to the police station. The alley was dark and narrowed, it indeed was scary to walk in alone. The police station slowly came into view, as soon as Chanyeol saw it from far away, he pointed at it and told Hana, "It's over there. You can run here by yourself, I'll run back to help Aecha."

"But..."

There was still a noticeable distance, and Hana didn’t want to go there alone.

"Just run there already!"

Chanyeol didn't mind listening to Hana, cutting her off. With one last look at Hana, he turned back and ran to save Aecha.

Anxiety flooded his entire body. His heart beat crazily from fear. Gritting his teett, he tried to run faster if it was possible. Leaving her there, Chanyeol never knew he’d be that worried about her safety.

What would happen to his Aecha? Oh no, he didn't want to think about it. There was Minwoo with her, this jerk! This jerk wouldn't hurt her, would him? No, no, he wouldn't. Minwoo couldn’t do it! He couldn’t, not to his Aecha!

Chanyeol wouldn't let him.

Aecha, please be safe!