Chapter 13.

Love Story of An Ugly Girl.

Hana and Aecha walked side by side down the foot path, occasionally bumping shoulders playfully like what all girls would do. Hana looked over at her friend and poked her side with the tip of her index finger gently.

“Can you go shopping with me Friday’s morning? I have something I want to buy and I need your opinion,” Hana stated, an awkward chuckle emitting from her lips as she said this.

“Really? You hardly go shopping though.” Aecha blew some air into her cheeks, turning her line of sight to the side so she could glance at the latter.

“That’s why I need you to help me. Are you free?”

“Yeah, I’ll go with you. Why in the morning?”

“I like it in the morning. You want to sleep in, don’t you?” Hana teased playfully.

“Yes, I do. Tell me one beside you that doesn’t.” Aecha wiggled her eyebrows at Hana.

“Hey, I do too. I just get used to waking up early to study.” Hana nudged Aecha with her elbow and the two giggled together. When both girls reached the park that separated their homes, they waved to each other before parting.

 

The first day off went by quickly with Chanyeol did nothing but laze around. By the end of the day, he couldn’t take it anymore. How could a hyper boy like him survive two days doing nothing? So he decided to call Aecha.

“Hello.”

“Aecha~~~”

Aecha rolled her eyes, whining again. What was it now? 

“Yes?”

“I’m so bored. You hang out with me tomorrow.” Chanyeol stated as a matter of fact, there was no questioning tone in his voice at all. He was so much comfortable around her, even though he didn’t even notice.

“But I have plans already.”

“I don't know. You have to go with me.” Chanyeol rebutted defiantly. Subconsciously, his bottom lip jutted out into a pout even though the female on the other line couldn't see him; she could only hear him.

“Hey, aren’t you too unreasonable here?” Aehca examined her nails, fighting the urge to roll her brown orbs at his childish whining. 

“Aecha~~ I’m bored to death here, you won’t stand there and watch me die, will you? So please see if you could hang out with me.” Chanyeol used his cute voice that he knew she couldn’t resist.

 

Well, Aecha was tempted. Spending time with Chanyeol was always something that Aecha liked, very much. Of all the guys that had approached her cause of Hana, Aecha felt that Chanyeol actually wanted to be friend with her. It’s enough for her then. So Aecha thought for a while, contemplated the options in her mind.

“I’m not sure I can arrange my timetable to hang out with you. But, let me see.”

“Really? Yup!!”

“I said let me see, don’t be so excited.” Aecha smiled at his childish action.

“Ok, ok, call me soon. See you tomorrow.”

 

With that, Chanyeol hung up. Aecha gaped at her phone, she said she would see and he was sure they would meet tomorrow already.

He is impossible, Aecha smiled at the thought, shaking her head.

 

Ending her call with him, Aecha called Hana to arrange their schedule, hopefully, she could make it.

“Hello.”

“Hey, I’m wondering if we could go tomorrow afternoon instead?”

“Why? Still want to sleep in?” Hana teased.

“No, not that. I have something else to do. So, is it ok with you?”

“Actually, I want to visit my grandparents in the afternoon. Well, I can always switch plan, if it’s necessary for you.”

“Really? Do me a favor then.”

“Always, my bestie.”

“Thank you, love you. Chu~chu~. See ya tomorrow.”

“Eww! See ya.”

 

Smiling to herself, Aecha texted Chanyeol,

_As you wish, mister. Where will we go tomorrow?_

_Really? Love you very much *kisses your both cheeks*. Amusement park it is then ^^. Gosh, I’m excited already._

The apple of Aecha's cheeks were tinted with a light pink at his reply, even if he didn’t mean it in a romantic way, she liked it, a lot. And tomorrow sounded like a date to her. She looked forward to it and she felt giddy inside. The butterflies swam around in her stomach and she rolled onto her front, squealing into her pillow. In all honesty, she didn’t know if she could sleep tonight. 

Flipping back onto her back, Aecha grabbed the mobile from the bedside table and held it to her chest as if her life depended on it. With a big grin playing on her lips, she closed her eyes in an attempt to get some sleep tonight.