Chapter 8.

Love Story of An Ugly Girl.

School ended much to Chanyeol's delight. He seemed so excited about the “date”. But, little did he know, when Hana meant group studying it was really a group studying, no playing involved.

They all met at Aecha's house after school, around 5:00 pm to be exact. Chanyeol wanted them to chat a little so that he could get to know them prior to studying. But, Hana had another idea, she said they were in the same class so sooner or later, they would know each other. They still had three years of high school to do that, but the lessons were due tomorrow so they were to study ASAP.

Not wanting to upset Hana, Chanyeol reluctantly agreed. So with a slightly pout to Aecha, Chanyeol sat there and watched Hana prepared for their studyAecha just shrugged, she warned him earlierhe just insisted.

During that set period of time, Hana bombarded him with questions, making the sad male sweat with some of them. Luckily for him, he did as Aecha told him and reviewed most of their lessons. He was able to cope with Hana's constant questions.

Aecha also asked him sometimes but he was too busy with pampering Hana to notice her. His answers to her were mostly “wait a minute”, and by that Aecha knew his answers meant, “maybe next time”.

So, Aecha let a sigh escape her lips and made use of what Chanyeol taught Hana on the paper and continued to do her homework. It wasn’t really bad, but there were some parts she couldn’t understand, and Chanyeol just wouldn’t explain to her. He was too busy with Hana to notice someone like her, even though she was right next to him.

After an hour of studying, they took a short break. As Aecha went fetching them some fruit juice, Chanyeol and Hana talked for a while. Hana opened up with him a little, but they only talked about school’s things, Hana avoided talking about personal stuffs. And she didn’t talk much, only sat here listened to Chanyeol blabbering, laughed at some of his jokes.

Chanyeol liked the sounds she made while laughing so much, so he didn’t mind when she wouldn’t talk as much as he did. Her laughs were angelic to his ears, much like her personality. The girl was really his ideal type, he would make her his girlfriend, for sure he would.

When Aecha returned, Hana turned Chanyeol off and talked to her about some girly things. And Chanyeol was left out, couldn’t do anything but watched.

All too soon, the short break ended much to Chanyeol's disappointment. They studied hard like before till 7:00 pm.

It’s raining outside so Hana decided she would stay overnight at Aecha's home. After eating, the girls studied some more then chatted on Aecha's bed. Aecha asked Hana nonchalantly,

“How is he?”

“You are right, he’s childish and friendly. Very good at studying too. It’s great to have him study with us. He taught us so much.”

Hana nodded her head, recalling his impressions left on her.

Well, not us. He only taught you and ignored me all the time, though Aecha thought so, she let it go and said teasingly,

“Told you, just give him a chance. I only befriend good people.”

Hana giggled cutely and nodded,

“Yeah, yeah. Only awesome people can get close to our Aecha, which makes me awesome too.”

Throwing a pillow at Hana, Aecha joked,

“Hey, did you catch Kris's cocky virus?”

Faking innocence, Hana laughed,

“What? It’s the truth that I’m awesome. I’m not bragging.”

Laughing together, they rolled around the bed, messing around a little then prepared to go to sleep.

===

For two weeks, they managed two more study dates. Hana was much more comfortable around Chanyeol after each date.

Chanyeol, as usual, basically ignored Aecha when he was with Hana. He hardly answered any of her questions, and Hana was oblivious to it. The girl only cared about her study, not that it’s her fault.

On the fourth date, Aecha couldn’t stand it anymore so she did something for Chanyeol to change his way of treating her.

While they were studying, after calling Chanyeol twice, to which he only replied “let me finish Hana's first” and “wait a second”, Aecha exploded. Taking out her phone, she texted him angrily,

_Hey, you JERK! Bringing your face up and look at me, I’m here too. Acknowledge me for once or we can end our so called agreement._

After that, she called him just to get his attention. Then Aecha sat there, glaring a hole into his skull.

Chanyeol blanched after reading the text and looked up at Aecha immediately. Aecha rose her voice, glared at him and mocked,

“What?”

Chanyeol replied eagerly, not wanting to upset her even more.

“What did you need to help with?”

“Your attitude.”

Aecha smirked at him as she said that. She couldn’t careless now.

Hana also looked up from her notebook, confused of what was happening,

“Whose attitude?”

Chanyeol looked at Aecha pleadingly, shook his head lightly to beg Aecha not to say anything. He didn’t want to make a bad image in Hana's eyes.

Aecha closed her eyes briefly to consume her anger,

“I asked him this question but he can’t solve it and he lets it be.”

Pointing blindingly at some really hard to solve question in her book, Aecha lied to Hana.

Hana defended Chanyeol gently,

“Hey, he’s not exactly a genius. He has things he can’t do too. We’ll ask the teacher this question later, ok?

Aecha looked away, hurt and mumbled,

“Yeah, you are right. We’ll work on it later.”

And Chanyeol  just sat there feeling guilty. Well, he knew he was wrong when he ignored Aecha.

But, he didn’t intend to.