Chapter 46.

Love Story of An Ugly Girl.

Song to listen while reading this chapter, I like this song 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlwSPMwAqbM

===

Chanyeol took off to her house, literally flying there, hoping that he would be on time. Meeting her was all he wanted at that moment, he didn’t want her to go without him saying her goodbye at least. And something in him was dying to see her, it was burning in him, Chanyeol couldn’t explain it.

Chanyeol stopped in front of her house just as her parents were going inside their house. He called out for them and that made them stop, looking back at him.

Chanyeol ran up to them, slightly out of breath due to his running.

“Sorry to bother you that late at night, but can I see Aecha?” Chanyeol bowed at them and asked politely.

“It’s ok. We’ve just gone to see her off. Her flight will take off in an hour or so. If you were fast, you could meet her at the airport.”

Mrs. Park smiled at him. She had known about the news that Chanyeol and Hana were dating when Aecha suddenly insisted on studying abroad. That girl got her scholarship months ago and she had gradually prepared to go. But, her decision then wasn’t firm, she still had half of her heart wanting to study in Korea. Aecha only wanted to study abroad in the last three days, she said she had finally decided and she would go shortly after she had all the things she needed.

===

After listening to Mrs. Park, Chanyeol thanked them briefly, asking for the airport’s name. He then hailed a taxi and rushed there.

Entering the large airport, Chanyeol went to New York flights area, looking around for Aecha. It was around 1:00 am at that time so there were only a few people in the normally crowed space, which made it a lot easier for Chanyeol to find her.

His heart beat ten times faster when he still couldn’t see her anywhere. Was there any chance that Aecha was already gone? What if he couldn’t meet her at all today or even three years after that? Hell no, he didn’t want that!

His head turned left, then right, looking everywhere for the familiar figure. Relief flooded through him as Chanyeol saw a lonely girl standing near the gate, her head looking down at the ground, avoiding people’s gazes. He was sure she was Aecha at the first glance, so Chanyeol called out while running to her.

“Aecha!”

Aecha jerked up straight as she heard her name being called in that oh-so-familiar voice. How could he know she was there? Did he read her letter? Had he known about her stupid one-sided feelings? How did she face him then? She just wanted to let Chanyeol know so she didn't have to carry her feelings anymore, she didn't look forward to him confronting her with it. Aecha panicked a little and looked around for him, and she saw him running toward her.

Chanyeol stopped in front of her, a little out of breath as he had been looking for her.

“Um… hi, why are you here?” Aecha greeted him awkwardly, avoiding his eyes.

“I’m here to see you off, silly!” Chanyeol flicked her forehead, making Aecha rub it automatically, finally meeting his gaze.

“I meant, how did you know I’m here?” Still rubbing her forehead lightly, Aecha muttered.

She was curious as to why he knew she was here and came this early. She thought her escaping plan had been perfect and that Chanyeol wouldn’t have the chance to meet her one last time. How could he still do that?

“I read your letter, of course. So I know you are here. And I kept my promise, I read it after midnight.” Chanyeol answered confidently, well, it was the truth after all.

Aecha flushed at his words, looking down at the ground, her foot drawing random figures on the granite floor, not knowing what to do. So he knew about her feelings? Ugh, what now?

“Uh, yeah. If you read it then…um…well, good for you.” Aecha said finally, tucking some stray hair behind her ear out of nervousness.

“I know about your feelings.” Chanyeol stated the obvious.

Aecha looked up at him really fast. Did he just say that? Or did she imagine it? How did he want her to reply to that? What did he expect when he told her that? Aecha then remembered about Hana so she replied in panic.

“I don’t want anything from you with that letter. I just want to let you know about my feelings so I won’t regret anything when I go away. I didn’t have any intention, really. You don’t have to say anything about it, just forget about it, ok? I know you are with Hana now so just forget it is-”

Chanyeol places his index finger on her lips to stop her from blabbering. He then placed his hands on her shoulders to make her look up at him. Meeting her eyes, he said.

“It’s ok. You don’t need to explain anything. In fact, I’m very glad to know that you like me.”

Chanyeol told her what he truly felt. He really didn’t like the idea of Aecha liking another guy. He knew he was being selfish when he dated Hana but he also wanted Aecha to like only him. He just couldn’t stand it otherwise, the imagine of Aecha hand in hand with another guy was too much for him to take. Now that Aecha was about to leave, he felt uneasy, it was like he would lost something important to him.

 “But I guess I have to let go of these feelings and find someone else for myself. You have Hana now, don’t you?”

Aecha’s eyes casted down as she smiled weakly. As much as she hated that fact, it was still there. Chanyeol would never be hers so it was no use keeping her feelings. It would be difficult for her to forget it, but Aecha had to try.

Chanyeol bit his lips to hold his protest when Aecha said she would find someone else. He wanted her to like him but…

“Yeah, I hope you would find someone better than me in the future.”

Pulling her in for a hug, Chanyeol continued, “I also like you, but the feeling is only in a friendly way. Or is it that I like Hana more than I like you? Either way, I’m sorry that I can’t reciprocate your feelings.” Chanyeol confessed, he didn’t know if he liked Hana more or not. But he surely did like Aecha. It’s just that, maybe what he felt for her couldn’t overcome her appearance.

Aecha hugged him back, tearing up a bit. So he admitted he liked her now? Aecha could feel it when he was with her. But what was the point of saying it now? He would still be with Hana anyway. Besides, she would be away in half an hour.

And he said he liked Hana more. Aecha always knew it, but why did hearing he admit it still cause her so much pain? Maybe Aecha's heart had always had this small hope for miracle to happen, for Chanyeol to like her. But Chanyeol's recent confession had crushed it. They were impossible, always impossible, and she hated that truth.

When she decided to help him years ago, she had braced herself against the risk of falling too deep for Chanyeol. Then why did it still hurt her so much now?

Aecha sniffled in his embrace and muttered, “Thank you for telling me that. I’m very happy to know you also like me, friendly or what.”

“You’ll be back in three years?” tightening his embrace around her, Chanyeol asked in a small voice, afraid of being apart from Aecha for so long. He didn't want her to go, he wanted her in his arms like they were at the moment.

Thinking for a while, Aecha decided to tell him her plan, “Yeah, I’ll work in Korea.”

“Will I see you then?”

“I don’t know. If fate brought us together, maybe we would meet.” Biting her lip, Aecha lied. She didn’t think she’d meet him any time soon, not when she wasn’t over him yet. Maybe it'd take more than three years for her to forget him, maybe forever? Whatever it might take, she didn't think they'd meet anytime soon.

“Keep in touch with me.”

“I don’t think so. I want to focus on my studies over there.”

That was a lame excuse, but Aecha wanted to forget her feelings for him. She wouldn’t keep in touch with him. How could she keep in touch with him when she also wanted to forget him?

“Ah, ok, I see.”

Chanyeol said sadly. He then pulled her back to look at her face, tears in his eyes, his voice strained when he uttered, “I will miss you.”

Aecha smiled between her sobs, tears streaming down her face. Why did he have to make it hard for her to go? He would miss her? It should make Aecha feel happy that Chanyeol would miss her when she was away. Why wasn't she happy to hear that? Why? Because she was going to miss him, too much. Her voice cracked a little as she replied him.

“M-me, too. Maybe a little too much, I’m sure.”

Sweeping her tears away, she looked at him in the eyes and reminded him.

“Be happy with Hana and make her happy. I will be happy, too.”

“Yeah, I will. I will miss you.”

Chanyeol repeated one more time, some tears rolling down his face. He didn’t know why but her leaving him made him feel empty, lost and scared. He didn’t want Aecha to go at all. He wanted her here with him, being his ally, getting his back whe he needed her, cheering him up when he was down. No, none of those. Chanyeol just needed Aecha by his side... It was like part of him was leaving him, he didn’t want it to happen.

Hearing his words also broke Aecha’s heart. She also didn’t want to go, but she didn’t think she could take it if she was here seeing Chanyeol dating Hana. What solution was there for her? No, none at all. Her resolves were firm, she had to go.

“I must go.”

Aecha picked up her suitcases, ready to go, turning away from him. But Chanyeol's arm shot out to grab her arm.

“Wait!”

Swirling her around to make her face him again, he then cupped her face to peck her gently on the lips. Pulling away, he smiled with watered eyes and whispered, “One last time.”

Aecha’s lips quivered from holding back her tears. Biting her lower lip so hard it could draw blood, she managed a tight smile at him.

“Thank you!”

With that said, Aecha turned away to walk briskly to the doors, leaving Chanyeol looking at her back longingly.

That's it. After Aecha crossed the door and walked to her plane, that's it. She would start a new life without Chanyeol. She would have to forget about him. Oh god, why did it hurt so much? She didn't want it, she didn't want it at all. She wanted to stay here with him, to love him.

Oh Chanyeol, why couldn't you love me?

When she reached the doors leading to her plane, placing her hand on the handle, Aecha hesitated for a while, her heart being tugged painfully in her chest. Finally, she then decided to turn around and shouted out loudly with all her strength.

“PARK CHANYEOL, I LOVE YOU!”

Turning back really fast, Aecha pushed the doors and walked away. Behind her, Chanyeol was dumbfounded where he stood.

I love you and I said it. There is nothing for me to regret anymore. And, I will surely forget you. I will, I have to, and I will. I will forget you, just wait. Goodbye, my first love…

Aecha sobbed uncontrollably in her seat, on the plane and flying away.