Chapter 17.

Love Story of An Ugly Girl.

This night, Aecha tossed and her bed. She couldn’t sleep, still thinking about having a jaw surgery or not. She had asked her mother for better information after the talk with Hana. Her mom said the jaw surgery would take about 4-6 weeks to heal, after she recovered from it, she could wear braces. She had been very happy when Aecha mentioned the jaw problems during the meal. She, liked any other mother, wanted the best for her child. And Aecha really needed the surgery to make her face better.

 

Well, 4-6 weeks to heal, during that time, Aecha couldn’t really eat as usual. She would probably lose some weight. It involved more matters than Aecha had expected. But still Aecha also wanted to have her teeth and jaws fixed. It'd make her feel better, for sure; but her fear of the surgery was the hardest problem for Aecha. She didn't want to take it. Was there any other way for her to have her jaws fixed without surgery? 

Oh, it sounded stupid!

After an hour or so, Aecha fell into an exhausted sleep with thoughts swimming in the back of her mind.

 

Morning came with Aecha walking to school by Kris's side. Aecha then asked for the tall guy’s opinion. She still needed support to make her decision.

“Hey Kris! Do you think I should have my teeth and jaws treated?”

Kris, in a rare occasion, answered her sincerely, voicing his true thoughts,

“Yeah! You should, ugly duck. I don’t say this to mock you but your jaws have some serious problems.”

Kris patted Aecha's shoulder lightly in comfort. Aecha bit her lower lip in thought, even this playful guy was serious and supporting in this problem. Aecha clenched her fists tightly, looked at Kris, then nodded firmly,

“Ok, I’ll do it. Thanks for your advise. I’ll ask my parents later.”

Kris smiled slightly,

“Good luck! But I’m sure it would hurt, a lottttttttt.”

Be back with his normal self, Kris stretched out his last word.

“You jerk! Don’t deflate my spirit,” Aecha slapped his upper arm.

"Just state a fact."

Like that, they bickered as usual and went to school together.

 

Walking in the class, Aecha found Hana in her seat and announced the news to the girl,

“Hana, I’ve decided. I would do it.”

Hana's face brightened up immediately when she heard Aecha's words.

“Really? I’m glad you would take it. I hope you would get better after that.”

“Of course, I will. If I won’t, why would I do it then,” smiled Aecha reassuringly at Hana.

Chanyeol, popping out of nowhere, startled the two girls,

“Do what? What have I been missing?”

Aecha grinned at him and announced,

“I would have a jaws surgery and wear braces after that.”

“Surgery? But, wouldn’t it hurt a lot?”

He asked anxiously, his brows furrowed in worries.

“Don’t worry. They’ll make me unconscious. It will only hurt after that, the healing process.”

Chanyeol's mouth formed an O as he took in the piece of information. His curiosity peeped again,

“How long would it take to heal?”

“About 4-6 weeks,” answered Aecha in an instant. 

“That long?”

This time, Chanyeol's eyes widened while the information sunk in.

“Yeah. Everything has its price.” Aecha shrugged, she would have to pay it, the price of being a bit better.

“Does it have side effects?”, it was not his curiosity anymore. Something in Chanyeol kept urging him to ask. Chanyeol was worried more than he thought.

“Yes, it does. I would have problems with talking and eating. But, don’t worry much, I would be fine. Wish me luck then.”

Aecha smiled at him, trying to set the brown haired guy at ease. Chanyeol seemed to worry so much about her. Even he, himself didn’t notice that he only cared about Aecha’s problems at hand, forgetting about Hana, who sat nearby. That little action of him made Aecha very happy.

Finally, there was someone that cared for her beside her family and Hana.

 

Chanyeol suddenly hugged Aecha lightly, taking both Aecha and Hana by surprise. He patted her back gently, 

“Good luck on the surgery. I really hope you all the best.”

He then released the girl and smiled at her. Aecha grinned back, her cheeks turned pink.

What he just did was just a gook luck hug, but it made Aecha feel all giddy inside. The surgery wasn't so bad, was it? 

It would be worth it. Being pretty for Chanyeol, she had decided.