Chapter 22.

Love Story of An Ugly Girl.

The ride ended, Chanyeol had released Aecha quickly before Hana turned around to witness. He was afraid of her seeing them like that. He couldn't risk Hana misunderstanding them. Hana was still first priority for Chanyeol, at that moment.

After that, they played around the park, trying this game or that game. Chanyeol kept his promise and played the shooting game. He had improved a lot since the his date with Aecha and as a result, he earned Hana a teddy bear and Aecha another angry bird. The new angry is different from the old one, it had Aecha scrunched her nose in mock disgust. Wow Chanyeol, awesome!! Another Kris-looks-alike stuff for me, Aecha thought to herself. But, it's his small present for her, Aecha would treasure it nonetheless.

As they played around, Chanyeol tried his best to be his usual cheery self, but he couldn’t help feeling a confusing emotion bubble in his heart. His goal ever since when he entered high school had always been being Hana's boyfriend. But just now, he enjoyed Aecha's presence a little too much. Maybe, it was because he had been around Aecha more than Hana. Maybe, Aecha was easier to get close to. Whatever it was, it wasn't good for him, he must set things straight. He should clear his mind and be determined on courting Hana. Right! He must make Hana fall for him, he liked her the most. Chanyeol nodded to himself at his own resolve, smiled a little to encourage his decision.

At the end of the day, Chanyeol brought  Aecha her gift that the guys had prepared. Chanyeol had imagined bringing it to her like a big surprise but, he changed his mind. Chanyeol only called her out, gave her the gift and left. Chanyeol must distant himself from her a little to clear his mind, and that’s how he would do it, he would avoid her from then on.

Aecha took the gift in her hands and looked at his retreating back in confusion. Well, with Chanyeol's childish personality, Aecha had expected him to shout out a happy birthday as he gave her the gift, or he would hide it behind him and let her guess the content, or he would hug her before he left. Chanyeol was always touchy, Aecha could expect it.

But, he just gave it to her then left, with that, Aecha could tell something was off.  Aecha frowned as she returned to her room, thinking hard as she went.

Did she do something wrong after the ferris wheel ride? No, they were ok after that. Aecha shook her head at no one in particular. 

Chanyeol even earned her another angry bird, so she assumed they were alright then. The girl kept thinking to herself but find no answer, Aecha shrugged, smiling to herself as she unwrapped the beautiful gift.

Wow, a beautiful white lacy dress! 

Aecha was not sure if it would suit such a not-so-beautiful girl like her. But hey, it’s her birthday present so she would wear it. It was for her.

Standing in front of the mirror, Aecha admired the dress on her body. It fitted her well, it must be Kris's job on choosing her size, he knew it. Wearing it helped her feel a lot prettier, if she ever had chance to date Chanyeol, she would wear it on their date. Smiling to herself as she imagined the scene in which she and Chanyeol were walking together hand in hand. Aecha blushed a little, it was perfect how she imgained it.

Her birthday this year was so wonderful that she couldn’t see the upcoming distance between her and Chanyeol.

 

After Aecha's birthday, Chanyeol did so well his job of distancing himself from Aecha.

He would still hang out with Aecha, but only when they were with Hana. No more time for just the two of them, no more discussing plans alone. He listened to Aecha and stayed in friend zone with Hana. So, it’s not needed for him to hang out with Aecha because of Hana. He treated her normally like any friends of his, no more touchy moments that Aecha had liked so much.

He treated her like that until the first year of their high school ended.

 

Aecha was confused at first; one moment they were hugging on the ferris wheel, the next moment Chanyeol treated her like she was no one. But, Aecha then thought sadly to herself that Chanyeol was just like all the other guys before.

If they was tired of Hana, they wanted to give up on the pretty girl, they would cut off their connection with Aecha, either. Well, he was still her friend, but it was not like before her birthday anymore. There was an invisible distance between them, Aecha could feel it.

She thought bitterly to herself, So that’s it? They would end just like that? Maybe, it's also time for Aecha to give up on her little crush.

She didn’t feel that she was used by Chanyeol, because she could feel that he did care for her. But she was sad, really sad. She missed her first crush. She missed their moments, she missed him being by her side. She missed helping him.

 

And, so did Chanyeol.