chapter 48

I Wanna Feel Safe

Author's pov:

Jung Kook was worried sick. V didn't know how to find Soo Jung and neither did everyone else. He hoped that she was okay...but then he knew that she was hurt...I mean come on it's the hunters we're talking about. V couldn't stay still. He worried for Soo Jung. He already knew that she was bleeding to death. They all flinched when they heard the door bell. They all ran upstairs from the basement and went to the door. V opened the door and to his surprise it was Yonguk carrying Soo Jung bridal style. "Can we come in?" Yonguk asked. V quickly took Soo Jung from Yonguk's arms and then ran to the basement as everyone followed. He placed her on the table and then ripped off the remaining little piece of her shirt. Everyone gasped when they saw the amount of bruises, cuts, and burns on her skin. "All of you go upstairs...Jung Kook stay and help me." V said. They all nodded. They left Jung Kook and V. They started to patch up Soo Jung. Every time they would put on peroxide Soo Jung would flinch of the coldness. It took about 2 hours to fix her up. They finally stitched the long cut on her stomach and then was finished. Jung Kok and V sighed. The last thing V did was put a cast around Soo Jung's broken hand, it went all the way up to the wrist. Jung Kook sat down and looked at Soo Jung. "What happened to her?" Jung kook asked. "Most likely the hunters tortured her...." V answered. They both then went upstairs to the living room. Everyone stood up except for Yonguk who just watched. "How is she??" They all asked at the same time. "....She lost a lot of blood....any more damage and....she'll die.." V answered. "She died already.." Yonguk replied. They all looked at him. "What?" Jung Kook asked. "She was out numbered by the hunters and so she jumped off a cliff...I knew she passed out when she hit the water..but when I lifted her up on the boat....she was dead.." Yonguk answered. 

"She escaped?" Jimin asked. "Yea...seems like the powerless chamber only makes her weak...." Yonguk answered. "Wait...the powerless chamber?" J-hope asked. "It a place where you can't use your abilities...it's like your ablities turned off." Youngjae explained. J-hope nodded. "So Soo Jung wasn't effected by it?" V asked in confusion. "Nope....it only made her weak but she was still able to use it." Yonguk answered "....why did you help her?...not that I didn't want you to help her I'm just asking why did you help I mean your the enemy.." Jung Kook said. Yonguk looked at Jung Kook. "She made me realized something that happened in the past....so I'm not angry at her anymore.." Yonguk answered. "So does that mean that your on our side?" Zelo asked. "No....I'm on neither....Not Kangnam's...Not the hunters...nor you...I'm no longer part of this." Yonguk answered honestly. After 2 hours Soo Jung finally opened her eyes. She slowly sat up and looked around the basement. "When did I get here?" Soo Jung thought as she winced in pain. She got off the table and slowly walked up the stairs. She stopped when she felt more pain but afterwards she continued. She walked to the living room and Jung Kook and V immediately stood up. "Soo Jung." They both whispered loud enough so she can hear. She eyed everyone else who were sleeping and signaled them to go to the kitchen. They nodded and followed her. She slowly sat down trying to endure the pain she was going through.

Jung Kook sat next to her and V sat across from her. "How are you feeling?" Jung Kook asked. "I'm fine..." She lied. "Soo Jung." V called. Soo Jung looked at V and sighed. "I'm in pain.." She answered honestly. V nodded. "I'll be right back." V said as he stood up. They both nodded. V went to the basement and took what he needed. He quickly went back upstairs and went to the kitchen. Soo Jung and Jung Kook looked at V as he grabbed Soo Jung's arm. "What's that?" Soo Jung and Jung Kook asked at the same time as they looked at the needle. "It's morphine...to take away the pain..for now." He said as he injected Soo Jung with it. Soo Jung nodded. "Where did you get that?" Jung Kook asked. V looked at Jung Kook. "I know a guy." V answered. After he was done, V then sat down across from Soo Jung again, placing the needle on the table in front of him. "So you ready to tell us what happened? I mean if you want to but your still going to have to tell me anyway." V said. Soo Jung slightly laughed. She stared at the table. "They tortured me.." Soo Jung answered. Jung Kook and V looked at each other and then back at Soo Jung. "They wanted to me to beg them to stop...tell them that I'll join them....they wanted to tame me like I'm some sort of animal...There was times when I wanted to give but I didn't...because of you guys." Soo Jung said. She then looked at V. "We have another problem." Soo Jung said. V looked at her in confusion. "What?" V asked. "Kangnam is going to use those boys to open a portal." Soo Jung answered. "What portal?" Jung Kook answered. "A portal to another world....a world that's filled with people who have abilities.." Soo Jung answered. "You've got to be kidding me....why would want to do that?--" Jung kook was cut off. "But why does he need the boys to open it? I mean he's so strong already...why can't he just open it himself?" V said. 

Soo Jung winced in pain again. "Are you okay?" Jung Kook asked worriedly. Soo Jung shook her head. "The morphine doesn't kick that fast because it's a small dose of it." V said. Soo Jung nodded. "How did you escape?" V asked. Soo Jung looked at V and tyhen at Jung Kook. "I got pissed.." Soo Jung answered. "Wait shouldn't already be pissed when they tortured you?" V asked in confusion. Soo Jung looked at V. "Apparently I wasn't that angry." Soo Jung answered. Jung Kook looked at her in confusion. "Then what made you angry enough to have the strength to escape?" Jung Kook asked. Soo Jung looked at the table and remembered what Celina said to her.  "I'm going to take everything away from you....Jung Kook...V....J-hope and everyone who you deeply care about....I'm going to make you suffer..." Celina answered in anger. "Why?..." Soo Jung responded  in pain. "Don't worry.....I'll take care of Jung Kook...but for the rest...I'll kill them." Celina said. 

Soo Jung sighed. "A guy said that he wanted to play with me before they kill me....that's what ticked me off.." Soo Jung lied but told the truth at the same time. "That bastard." Jung Kook and V said at the same time with an angered tone. V looked at Soo Jung. "Did he touch you?" V asked. "No...I killed him before he tried." Soo Jung answered. V nodded. "Soo Jung...I know your not telling me the whole story...I know you'll get annoyed of what he said but I know that it won't piss you off completely." Jung Kook replied. Soo Jung avoided staring at Jung Kook. "Soo Jung talk to me." Jung Kook said. Soo Jung didn't respond. Out of annoyment Jung Kook stood up and left the kitchen. V looked at Soo Jung. "What really ticked you off Soo Jung.?" V asked. Soo Jung looked at V and sighed. "Celina...she said she's going to take everything away from me....She said that she's gonna take care of Jung Kook but for the rest of you guys...She said she's going to kill all of you.." Soo Jung whispered but loud enough so V can hear. V nodded. "Why didn't you tell Jung Kook?" He asked. "Because she's one of his friends...and he probably won't believe me.." Soo Jung answered. "Soo Jung you know he'll believe you." V replied. Soo Jung slowly stood up. "They had something...a connection...when busting out to find him...he was with her...they have some sort of connection and I know it...he may love me but...I just can't help but think that she'll take him away from me.." Soo Jung responded. V didn't know what to say. He knew that some of it was right. "Just forget what I said.." Soo Jung said as she went to go get a water bottle from the fridge. 

Soo Jung sighed as she went back to the basement. She stil was in pain but not as much as she was in before. She jumped alittle when she saw Jung Kook sitting on the tabe swinging his legs back and forth. "Jung Kook?" She asked. Jung Kook looked at Soo Jung and then looked at the ground. Soo Jung sat next to him. They was a complete silence in the room. She didn't know what to say. She heard Jung Kook sigh. "Soo Jung..." He called her name. She didn't look at him but she was listening. Jung Kook didn't look at her either. "I think we should take a break.." He whispered but loud enough so she can hear. Her eyes opened wide and she looked at him. "What?" She asked. He then looked at her. "I think...we should take a break.." He repeated. She looked at the floor. "Why?" She asked trying to control her tears. "You won't open up to me...you don't tell me when your sad, angry, or any other emotions...it's like I have to force it out of you but you still don't tell me..but when I talk to Krystal, she does--" Jung Kook was cut off when Soo Jung  stood up and faced him. "The reason why I don't tell you is because..you won't see me as the was you see me now...you'll see me as broken......" Soo Jung replied. Jung Kook looked at her. "That's not true--" He was cut off again. "That's not true? Jung Kook before I met and matter of fact even now...I kill people...and what makes it worst...there are times when I actually like it...I've been through hell since I came out...Krystal has it better than I do--" Soo Jung was cut off. "How? How does she have it better than you do? She's scared of you..She thinks that your a monster...she's been through hell..she has to deal with the effects of your problems--" Jung kook was cut off.

"MY PROBLEMS?!? She doesn't have to fight, I DO..She does'nt get stabbed or shot, I DO..She doesn't feel the pain, I DO..I'm the one that have blood on my hands, I'm the one that's the killer, I'm the one that killed her step father , I DID...... if she hates me so bad then why doesn't she leave? Go hide somewhere so she won't be found, I don't have to come out...everyone would be relieved right?...You guys still don't understand--" Soo Jung was cut off. "UNDERSTAND WHAT?!?!" He yelled. "UNDERSTAND THAT I'M NOT KRYSTAL!!" She shouted back. He looked at her as a tears fell down her eyes. "You guys always compare me to Krystal...haven't you guys noticed that I hate it...I'm not her..I don't act like her, I don't have the same thoughts as her...and...haven't you noticed...the more I open up to you guys, the more we become distant.." Soo Jung said. Jung kook didn't know what to say. He was too shocked. "I love you Jung Kook...I really do....but if you don't want us to be together then fine.." Soo Jung then turned around and started to leave. Jung Kook immediately back hugged her. "I'm sorry.." He said. More tears fell from Soo Jung's eyes. "Why don't you guys understand me....no matter how many times I say it, you guys don't listen....you always take her side...and never mine....." Soo Jung replied. He didn't say anything. She sighed. "I wish I never came out.." Soo Jung then removed Jung Kook's arms and left the basement. He stood there in shock of what she just said. 

Soo Jung walked to the kitchen and sighed in relief that V wasn't there. She sat down and stared at the table. "Hey." Zelo said as he walked in. Soo Jung didn't respond which made him worry. He sat across from her. "Are you okay?" He asked in worry. Soo Jung didn't respond. He looked at her face as tears fell from her eyes. "Soo Jung." He called. She finally looked at him as he stood up and walked to her. She looked at him in confusion when he forced her to stand up. "Hit me." He said. "What?" She asked in confusion. "Hit me...you need to get all your sadness, anger, and frustrations out...it's harder when you keep it in.." He answered. She sighed. "I'm not going to hit you." She replied. He then sighed. "Pretend that I'm Jung Kook...pretend that I'm V...pretend I'm everyone who never understands you.." Zelo said. She broke down more in tears. She hit Zelo's chest repeatedly. "WHY CAN'T YOU GUYS LISTEN TO ME!! YOU GUYS ALWAYS COMPARE ME TO HER AND I HATE IT...I HATE IT SO MUCH!! NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES I TELL YOU, YOU GUYS WONT LISTEN TO ME...I'M NOT HER AND I NEVER WILL BE!!...she's the one that goes to school....she's the one that eats everyday, watch tv, sleep....but I'm trapped...I'm the one that kills...I'm the one that feels the pain....I'm the one that dies....I'm the one who has no body on her side.." Soo Jung stopped talking. Both of then didn't know that in the hall way all the guys were there listening. Jung Kook, V, J-hope, Jimin, the 5 hunters, and also Yonguk. They all felt bad for her. They didn't know that she felt that way. She tries to open up to them but they make her go back into hiding.

She quickly moved Zelo and got a knife. Zelo looked at Soo jung In shock. "SOO JUNG DON'T" Zelo yelled causing everyone to run in he kitchen. They all looked at her in shock as she held the knife at her chest. "Soo Jung calm down." V said. "WHY?!? WOULD YOU EVEN CARE?!? Soo Jung yelled. "SOO JUNG STOP!!" J-hope yelled. Soo Jung looked at J-hope. "I see...you don't want your precious Krystal getting hurt." Soo Jung replied. They all were trying to stop her, even Krystal. She was in Soo Jung's head. She kept telling her to stop. Soo Jung gritted her teeth. "SHUT UP!!" She yelled. "Who's she talking to?" J-hope asked. V looked at Soo Jung. "It has to be Krystal..." V answered. Jung Kook then walked up to Soo Jung. She quickly reacted and aimed the knife at him. "Soo Jung calm down." He said. "Always loved Krystal right?" She asked. He didn't respond. "Then answer this...who do you love more?" She asked. He didn't answer. She smiled. "I knew it.." She said. She then aimed the knife back at her. "SOO JUNG STOP!!" Jung Kook yelled. She was about to stab herself in the chest. V ran to her and tried to take the knife from her. "LET ME GO!" She yelled as she struggled. He successfully took the knife from her. He put the knife in the sink. They all watched as she fell to the ground and cried. V kneeled down and hugged her. V looked at Jung Kook. "What did you do?" He mouthed to Jung Kook.