chapter 44

I Wanna Feel Safe

Author's pov

Soo Jung began walking home. She knew what she had done would've made the guys angry, so she decided not to tell them. She took her sweet time walking. She needed time to think. She sighed as the wind hit her face. She walked and walked without stopping. "Soo Jung." She stopped walking. She turned around slowly and looked at the person who called her name. "Jung Kook...." She said. He walked to her. "Where were you?" He asked in worry. "What are you doing here?" Soo Jung asked to avoid answering his question. "I was looking for you." He answered. "For what?" Soo Jung asked as she started walking. He grabbed her arm. She looked at him. They stared into each other's eyes. To them it's like time has stopped. They both were filled with silence. Soo Jung's and Jung Kook's heart beated extremely fast. But then......Jung Kook was shot at. Soo Jung's eyes opened wide as he fell to the ground. She kneeled. "JUNG KOOK!!" She yelled. He coughed out blood. She looked around but saw no one. Soo Jung didn't know what to do. She didn't have a phone and Jung Kook didn't either. The hospitals are so far away. There was little time to take him there, he was already losing alot of blood. She noticed that he started to close his eyes. She panicked. "JUNG KOOK STAY WITH ME!" She yelled. He coughed up more blood. He looked at Soo Jung. "....you were...shot too.." He said as he looked at her stomach. She looked at where was he looking at. He was right she was shot as well. The bullet went through Jung Kook and shot her as well. But she didn't care. She looked at Jung Kook, his eyes were closing. "Jung Kook please.." tears started to fall from her eyes. "....it....doesn't hurt...anymore.." Jung Kook then closed his eyes. His heart stopped beating. Her eyes opened wide in shock. "JUNG KOOK WAKE UP!! WAKE UP!!" She yelled as she shook his body. Tears came pouring down her eyes.

She focused deeply. She listened for a heart beat......but there wasn't one. She looked at Jung Kook. She did CPR. She repeadently done it to him but there was no effect. She finally stopped when she realized that rain started to pour down. "Please don't leave me.." She said as she cried. She laid her head on his chest. She continued to hold his hand. Soo Jung felt many emotions. Sadness, Love, but the one take was trying to take over was anger, hatred, rage. They all thought about her love for Jung Kook wrong. They all thought that he was her weakness...but the truth is....he makes her stronger. She closed her eyes. She hoped that his was all in her head, but it wasn't. Her head laid on his chest with one hand on it. While the other hand was holding his. She wished it was her that was killed. She then heard running foot steps. "Soo Jung.." She slowly looked up. V and J-hope stood there. "...He's dead..." Soo Jung said. V went to Soo Jung and hugged her. She cried harder and harder. V started to cry as well. V looked at Jung Kook. "Go home..I'll deal with the body." J-hope said trying to act like he wasn't effected. V and Soo Jung looked at J-hope. "What do you mean deal with the body?!?" Soo Jung yelled. "V take her home." J-hope said. V nodded. He picked up Soo Jung. "NO LET ME GO!!" Soo Jung yelled. V tried to hold her. "Soo Jung calm down." V said. "I SAID LET ME GO!" Soo Jung yelled. V sighed. He let her go. "I'm not leaving him." Soo Jung said. "Soo Jung--" J-hope was cut off. "NO!...I said no," She said. "What do we do?" J-hope asked. Soo Jung looked at V. "Call Kangnam." She said. "What? How?" V asked. "I Don't know just get him here--" Soo Jung was cut off. "I'm already here." Kangnam said. They all looked at Kangnam.

He walked to Soo Jung. "He was bound to die anyway." Kangnam said. "Save him." Soo Jung said with a angered tone. "What makes you think I can save him?" Kangnam asked. Soo Jung stood up and grabbed Kangnam by the throat. "I SAID SAVE HIM!!" She yelled. "Soo Jung let him go." V said. Soo Jung didn't listen. "SAVE HIM!!!" She yelled. "FINE!" Kangnam yelled back. Soo Jung let Kangnam go. "I'll be right back--" Kangnam was cut off. "No...we're coming with you." Soo Jung said. Kangnam sighed. "Okay fine." Kangnam said. Kangnam teleported Soo Jung, V, J-hope, Jung Kook, and himself to once of his safe houses. "LAY!!" Kangnam yelled. The whole group came to the living room. "Didn't I call Lay only?" Kangnam asked. "Yeah so?" Kai said. "What are they doing here?" Kyungsoo asked. "Lay heal him." Kangnam said pointing at Jung Kook. Lay walked to Jung Kook and checked his pulse. "He's dead." Lay said. "I know that...I want you to bring him back to life." Kangnam said. "I don't have that type of power." Lay said. 

Soo Jung looked at Kangnam then back at Lay. "So you can't fix him?" Soo Jung asked in a serious tone. Lay nodded. Soo Jung then grabbed Kangnam by the neck. "SOO JUNG!!" V yelled. Soo Jung looked at V and then back at Kangnam. "He can't heal him V.." Soo Jung said. "I know he can't but you killing him makes you become what you don't want to become.." V responded. "And what is that?" Soo Jung asked. "A monster." V answered. Soo Jung didn't listen and slammed Kangnam on the floor. "SOO JUNG!! Listen Jung Kook wouldn't want you to become that, and you know that." V said. Soo Jung looked at Jung Kook. She started to calm down but then.. "Why don't you just kill me?" Kangnam asked. Soo Jung looked at Kangnam. "I mean it's practically my fault...everything is my fault.." Kangnam said. "What are you talking about?" V asked. "I'm going to be completely honest with you....I killed Gyuri....I teamed up with the hunters to kill you and your little gang...and most importantly I killed Jung kook." Kangnam said while staring at Soo Jung eyes. Soo Jung balled her hands in a fist. "Soo Jung don't listen to him." V said. "Why can't she..I mean don't you see Jung Kook's dead body right there?" Kangnam responded. Soo Jung was angry. She looked at Kangnam with anger and hate. She was so angry that you can see electricity running through her hands. "Her abilities are expanding.." Kangnam thought. "Soo Jung calm down--" V was cut off. "WHY?!?! HE'S DEAD V!!" Soo jung yelled. They all were frightened except Kangnam. "Soo Jung listen to us...calm down..." J-hope said. They didn't know this but Krystal was telling her the exact same thing. She was in her head. "Please Soo Jung." V said. Soo Jung loosened her fists and the electricity around her hands disappeared. She looked at V. "So what do we do..." Soo Jung said. 

V looked at Krystal. "I don't know..." He said. Soo Jung sighed. "He's really gone..." Soo Jung thought. The room was filled with silence. All the boys looked at Soo Jung with fear of what she might do except for Kangnam. "I don't get it...why isn't she attacking me right now..." Kangnam thought. He looked at her in confusion. Soo Jung tried to control herself. She tried to keep her anger hidden. She tried to control the rage that she had but it kept trying to take over. She looked at Jung Kook's body. She looked at his pale face and then looked at his purple lips. She finally realized that she couldn't bring him back. A tear went down her left eye. Her being without him is like her dying. She then realized something. She walked to Jung kook's body and then kneeled. "We can bring him back." Soo Jung said. "What?" They all said at the same time. She looked at lay. "He's dead right...and how do you bring somebody back to life?" Soo Jung asked. "I don't know...cpr?" Lay asked. "Or an electrical charge." Soo Jung answered. "That's right.." Lay said. Soo Jung nodded. "And I have that ability...if I shock him with it and you use your healing abilty..,he'll come back right?" Soo Jung said. "It's worth a shot.." Lay responded. Soo Jung nodded. They both then put their hands on Jung Kook's chest. The room was filled with silence. Soo Jung frowned. "It's not working..." Soo Jung said. "Your not even trying." Lay responded. "She's not angry enough.." Kangnam said.

They all looked at Kangnam. "What do you mean?" Kyungsoo asked. "Your locking all you anger and rage inside you...Let it out.." Kangnam explained. "I'm trying." Soo Jung said. 'Well not hard enough." Kangnam responded. Kangnam then stood up and walked to Soo Jung. "Let me help you..." Kangnam then kneeled next to Soo Jung and began to whisper in her ear. "I killed Jung Kook....the person you love most...the person who doesn't even know if he loves you...how would you live with out him?...he means the world to you and now he's gone..." Kangnam whispered in her ear. "It's still not working." Soo Jung said. "Because your keeping yourself calm." Lay said. She looked at Lay. "Soo Jung." Kyungsoo whispered. Soo Jung was the only one who heard Kyungsoo's voice.She looked at Kyungsoo.  "Get angry." He said. Soo Jung's heart began to race. It's like he was controlling her. They all started to see electricity run through her hands. Jung Kook's chest then rose. He enhaled alot amount of air. As lay began to heal him, his paleness went away and his purple lips became pink again. He looked around. "W-where am I?" Jung kook asked. Soo Jung then looked at Jung Kook and smiled. "Y-your alive." Soo Jung said. Jung kook looked at Soo Jung. He tried to sit up but he winced in pain. "Don't move..the bullet may have passed through you but it did make a lot of damage." Lay said. "See I told you." Kangnam said. Soo Jung glared at Kangnam. She rose her hand and punched him in the face. "." Kangnam said. Soo Jung continued to glare at him. V and J-hope went to Jung Kook with smiles on their faces. Jung Kook looked at them. "I'm glad your back." V said with the biggest smile Jung Kook's ever seen. Jung kook nodded. "Glad your back from the dead." J-hope said. Jung Kook slightly laughed. Jung Kook then looked at Kangnam. "I'm going to kill you." Jung Kook said. Kangnam looked at Jung Kook. "What for?" He asked. "You killed Gyuri...and ME!!" Jung Kook said. Lay then began to wince in pain. "What wrong?" Soo Jung asked in worry. "CALM YOURSELF JUNG KOOK!!" He said pointing out the obvious of his fire abilities. Jung Kook apologized. 

"So how is like?" Kyungsoo asked. Jung Kook looked at him. "What do you mean?" Jung kook asked. "To be dead." Kyungsoo responded. "I'm still here...but no body can see or hear you...your completely alone.." Jung kook answered. Soo Jung looked at Jung Kook. "I'm done." Lay said. He then stood up. "Thank you." Soo Jung said to Lay. He nodded. Soo Jung then grabbed V's hand and V grabbed J-hope's shoulder. Jung Kook held Soo Jung's hand tightly. "Let's go." Soo Jung said. She then jumped (teleported) herself, Jung kook, J-hope, and V back to the house. She breathed heavily. "Are you okay?" Jung Kook asked as he stood up "Yeah...I'm still having difficulty with jumping.." She answered. Jung Kook nodded. V and J-hope left them two alone knowing that they wanted to talk. Jung Kook helped Soo Jung stand up. She thanked him. He nodded. They then looked at each other's eyes. And like before...it's like time had stopped. "Soo Jung.." Jung Kook called out her name. She just looked at him. "I choose you." He said. He then smiled. She smiled back at him. Jung Kook grabbed her hand and pulled her into a hug. "I'm sorry for leaving you..but I promise I never will again.." Jung Kook whispered in her ear. Soo Jung nodded slowly. Back at Kangnam's safe house the boys were talking. "Why did Lay help him?" Kris asked. Kangnam looked at Kris. "We thought about this all wrong.." Kangnam said. "What do you mean?" Chanyeol asked. "It seems that Jung Kook makes her stronger.." Kangnam answered. "So what do we do?" Chen asked. "I underestimated her and her little gang....they won't go down with a fight.." Kangnam said. They all looked at Kangnam. "So we'll give them one." Kangnam said as he smirked.