Class Trip

What My Heart Tells Me To Do
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 18: Class Trip

|Dara's Perspective|

            It was a rainy and humid day which kind of made the atmosphere in the classroom lifeless. Almost all of the students were low on energy because of the mass amount of homework they had been receiving. It was the second last month until their finals.
            Everyone in the class was seated and waiting for Mr. Lawrin to come in and commence class. Even Henry the nerd was so tired that he hardly even bothered CL—well that's a lie. Occasionally, he would place little gifts in her locker, like letters, confessing to her. I turned towards Jiyong and CL, both of them leaning back in their chairs. Jiyong had his iPod out and he was sharing it with CL who was almost knocking out.

            All three of us had been up late at night almost for two consecutive weeks. We would help each other study and bring ideas for some assignments. I had to admit though, we had fun working together but it was still too much.

            After a few minutes had passed, Mr. Lawrin entered the classroom holding a stack of papers. Upon seeing the papers in his hands, the whole class let out a disappointed moan.
            "There is no need to moan," Mr. Lawrin stated as he placed the stack of papers on his deck "in fact, you should all be happy with what I'm about to hand out".
            CL and Jiyong pulled out their headphones and sat up, intriguied by what they should feel 'happy' for.
            "All of you have been working extremely hard this semester. I know that it is near the end of the year which we all know means exam time. However, this is why you have an option to go on this trip . . ." the class erupted in cheers. I felt myself sink into my chair. 'This is exactly what we needed' I thought as I turned to the smiling Jiyong and CL.
            "Wait!" Mr. Lawrin shouted gathering our attention again. "As your History teacher, I worked hard to get your principal to accept this, so I want you to be on your best behaviour. Also, I am going to repeat this just to ensure everyone understands: if you would rather study for exams that day, you may. You are not forced to attend this trip."
            "Sir! Sir! Where are we going?" someone from the front row asked—a question that was in probably everyone's mind.
            "We are going to the MOV (Museum of Vancouver) since it is History class" he announced.
            "As long as it's not school, I don’t care where we go!" a student shouted and eve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter