Drama, Drama, Drama

What My Heart Tells Me To Do
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 49: Drama, Drama, Drama

|Dara's Perspective|

             Finally the last period of the day came and I was already exhausted. Thankfully the last class was History, a relaxing class with hopefully not a lot of homework. Chemistry has already given a weeks worth of homework; hopefully CL and Jiyong . . . I mean Jiyong can help me out. I opened the door to the classroom where I greeted my teacher.
            "You must be Dara. You can sit in the available seat beside CL near the window"

No it couldn’t be.

            I turned my head to find CL staring off out the window. My heart accelerated with excitement I looked to her hoping she would turn around and grin back, but she didn’t.  I made my way to the desk and took a seat silently, the hope of even talking to CL fluttering away.
I had absolutely no courage to ask her what was wrong. It was strange to see myself fear from one I loved and cares so much. I can't be like this she is too important to me. I need to talk to her.
          "Hey" I said. CL still hadn't turned my way. I called out again but the teacher started class. What was wrong?
Not wanting to get in trouble in class I sat and diligently took the notes down the teacher put on. I really wanted to talk and laugh with CL. All I could think at the moment was all the things we could be doing right now. All the things we had done. I let out a sigh, but it was not sigh of defeat. I will have to be more straightforward. I impatiently waited for the end of class.

            The teacher came to the end with her new lesson as she placed up tonight's homework and gave the class till the end of the period to work on it. I turned around and looked at CL. She was pulling out her headphones, but before she could plug them in I put my hand out stopping her.
CL gazed up.
            "What are you doing?" those words were all it took to shatter my heart. My thoughts stopped and whatever I had prepared to say dissipated. I didn’t know how to react. CL looked at me gravely as she pulled the headphone that I had so often shared with her out of my hands and placed it into the grooves her ear, blocking out all the sound.

            CL had never acted like that towards me, ever. My throat tightened and I could feel my eyes burning. I was going to cry. On cue the bell rang. I grabbed my backpack and ran out. The tears were now salty and hot as they streamed down my cheek. I rubbed them away forcefully making my cheeks a bright red.

            As I made my way to the locker I saw the one person that I so desperately needed.
            "Dara? What's wrong?" alarmed by the tears on my face Jiyong rushed forward and grabbed hold of my hand. His warmth elicited more tears. He asked again what happened his voice strained with concern, and so I told him.

|Narrator's Perspective|

            Jiyong was hoping it wouldn’t come to this, but it had. As Dara finished up her story Jiyong saw from across the hall CL walking with her new friends.
            CL didn’t have the ability to smile as Chen and Xiumin tried to tell her something that had happened during gym. She was feeling ultimately bad for what she had done, but what choice did she have? Her feelings for Jiyong were strong, but Jiyong's feelings were strong for Dara. By doing this CL was only gran

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter