Partners

What My Heart Tells Me To Do
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 12: Partners

|Chaerin's Perspective|

"Okay class, today we are working on a new assignment in partners."

            I leaned back in my chair so I could see Dara clearly. She looked at me and we both nodded. Dara and I had always been partners in every project that has ever existed. I turned my gaze towards Jiyong. He was listening to his iPod with only one headphone. The other one was just hanging. He was looking out the window to my left. He seemed so dreamlike. I had the urge to poke him . . . or talk to him, but I restrained myself. Last night felt like a dream. The conversations we had together...I feel like my unconscious had conjured them up on its own. I focused in on his lips; they were so thin and delicate, yet masculine . . .WAHH~.

            At that sudden moment, Jiyong turned his head and looked at me. Embarrassed, I quickly put my focus to the front. 'Why does he always catch me at the worst moments?!' I thought to myself. I focused my attention on the teacher and ignored the fact that Jiyong might be thinking I was some ert. "For this project I will be assigning the partners-" 'WHAT!' I screamed in my head.

            He has got to be kidding me. When has he ever chosen our partners?! Of course, I would love to complain, but I felt it was pointless. I looked to Dara and saw that she was shocked too, but she shrugged it off. Well, now it's time to pray I don’t get someone who:

a) doesn’t like me

b)doesn’t do anything

or

c) does everything.

            Yes, I'm a picky person… "The partners are as follows," Mr.Lawrin paused to take a breath before he began his list. "Jessica and Sam, Dean and Jack, Jill and Moe...[more partners]... CL and Henry..." Oh Thank god. I'm in good hands with the class nerd. I gathered my stuff and looked at Dara. She had her "sad" face on and watched me as I walked to my new partner. I wonder who Dara's partner will be. There is no one else other than…"...and lastly Dara and Jiyong" I whipped my head in Dara's direction. MWOYA!!!

* * *

            "I can't believe you are partners with Jiyong" I shouted in the hallway. Dara stuck out her tongue. I smiled at her. She is so silly sometimes.
            She opened her locker with a big smile while I put my stuff away as well. I turned around grabbing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter